Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
Ok by now it is confirmed that the judge has dismissed the motion of Tim:
Good day,

On Friday, Justice Barnes refused to enforce the Agreement. His "reasons" confirm that his decision is based upon his personal predilections and not on the law. Decision on motions, however, may not be appealed.

Yesterday, Justice Barnes officially permits our representative case to be argued on January 14th to 16th. So, at this point, the first phase of this litigation rests on the outcome of the hearing on January 14th-16th.

Sorry,

Tim

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
Tims motion disallowed. what does this mean in simple words. Does Justice Bernes defeated the Ruling of Justice Rennie.Is it possible for Justice Rennie to rule and clarify his judgement of 14th june or not.

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
26 Nov 2010 (2nd Aor Date)
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
if tim's motion is disallowed then can his clients sue him for mis-selling or is it acceptable for lawyers to intentionally mislead clients into paying him for the litigation ?

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maran1976 said:
if tim's motion is disallowed then can his clients sue him for mis-selling or is it acceptable for lawyers to intentionally mislead clients into paying him for the litigation ?
That would require a huge burden of proof to convince a court that a lawyer intentionally misled clients. The lawyer would simply argue, "I did my job properly as requested and required of me, but I had no way of knowing how the judge would rule".

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
hopeful4 said:
Ok by now it is confirmed that the judge has dismissed the motion of Tim:
Good day,

On Friday, Justice Barnes refused to enforce the Agreement. His "reasons" confirm that his decision is based upon his personal predilections and not on the law. Decision on motions, however, may not be appealed.

Yesterday, Justice Barnes officially permits our representative case to be argued on January 14th to 16th. So, at this point, the first phase of this litigation rests on the outcome of the hearing on January 14th-16th.

Sorry,

Tim
Thanks for your timely posting hopeful4.

Guys, don't worry. It is only a temporary setback. Tim won the first battle when Justice Rennie ruled against CIC on 14 June 2012. Now, Tim has lost the second battle when Justice Barnes dismissed his motion a day or two ago. The third battle is scheduled for January 2013. But this is not going to be the last battle either.

By losing the second battle, please do not think the entire war is over and we have been defeated. CIC has lost once and Tim has also lost once. Be positive and don't lose hope. Eventually, we will be victorious at the end of the war against CIC and Jason Kenney.

"Pessimism never won any battle." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"In every battle there comes a time when both sides consider themselves beaten, then he who continues the attack wins." -- Ulysses S. Grant

"There can be no great courage where there is no confidence or assurance, and half the battle is in the conviction that we can do what we undertake." -- Orison Swett Marden

"If you have no faith, you've lost your battle." -- Bill Cosby

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
maran1976 said:
Our lawyer Tim Leahy never mislead anyone. He is a gem of a person. We have full faith in him. Even if he loses the war against CIC and Jason Kenney, we will never have any ill feelings aginst our lawyer Tim because he is a person who always gives his best. We adore him. Our faith in him can't be shaken. Tim never mis-sold anything to us. It was we who with our full heart's contention joined him. We have no regrets joining him. And, we will never ever regret. We have full faith in our lawyer Tim Leahy. :p

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

warmest said:
Our lawyer Tim Leahy never mislead anyone. He is a gem of a person. We have full faith in him. Even if he loses the war against CIC and Jason Kenney, we will never have any ill feelings aginst our lawyer Tim because he is a person who always gives his best. We adore him. Our faith in him can't be shaken. Tim never mis-sold anything to us. It was we who with our full heart's contention joined him. We have no regrets joining him. And, we will never ever regret. We have full faith in him. :p
Plus he got almost $600K from you guys, so he probably loves you too.

cljw31

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
warmest said:
Our lawyer Tim Leahy never mislead anyone. He is a gem of a person. We have full faith in him. Even if he loses the war against CIC and Jason Kenney, we will never have any ill feelings aginst our lawyer Tim because he is a person who always gives his best. We adore him. Our faith in him can't be shaken. Tim never mis-sold anything to us. It was we who with our full heart's contention joined him. We have no regrets joining him. And, we will never ever regret. We have full faith in him.
Instead of "we" or "our", from now on, just write "I" and "My". Please don't speak on behalf of everyone.

your paragraph should be more like this:

I have full faith in him, I will never ever regret, I adore him, MY faith in him can't be shaken, I will never have any ill feeling against our lawyer Tim.

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
cljw31 said:
Instead of "we" or "our", from now on, just write "I" and "My". Please don't speak on behalf of everyone.

your paragraph should be more like this:

I have full faith in him, I will never ever regret, I adore him, MY faith in him can't be shaken, I will never have any ill feeling against our lawyer Tim.
Correct yourself first. I am not the only client of Tim Leahy. I am defending my lawyer on behalf of his clients. Among all the lawyers fighting against CIC, it is Tim who has the most number of litigants as his clients. Are you aware of it?

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
PMM said:
Hi

Plus he got almost $600K from you guys, so he probably loves you too.
Tim Leahy has got the talent to earn money. What is your problem?

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
warmest said:
Tim Leahy has got the talent to earn money. What is your problem?
Oh there's no argument there. He DEFINITELY has that talent.

warmest said:
Correct yourself first. I am not the only client of Tim Leahy. I am defending my lawyer on behalf of his clients. Among all the lawyers fighting against CIC, it is Tim who has the most number of litigants as his clients. Are you aware of it?
The point he was making was that you shouldn't be speaking on behalf on anyone else, because you don't KNOW that everyone feels the same way you do. Maybe they all do, or maybe SOME do, or maybe you're the only one who loves Tim right now.

In either case, you should speak for yourself based on your own feelings and experiences, and not on behalf of hundreds of people - unless of course those hundreds of people have authorized you to speak on everyone's behalf.

cljw31

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
warmest said:
Correct yourself first. I am not the only client of Tim Leahy. I am defending my lawyer on behalf of his clients. Among all the lawyers fighting against CIC, it is Tim who has the most number of clients as litigants. Are you aware of it?
Yes I'm one of his clients.

I'm not feeling too hot regarding this lawsuit right now, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way. I would appreciate if you don't generalize our feelings with yours. If somehow there is a poll with everyone's feeling right now about the lawsuit, I'm sure it's not as positive as yours. Though I respect your positive attitude, please don't start speaking for us. If you want to defend Mr. Leahy, please do it as yourself, instead of for us. We all paid the same amount of fees, waited for a long time, so it's my right to feel a certain way regarding the lawsuit. If everyone writes you and ask you to speak out for them in a positive way about Mr. Leahy, feel free to do so, but until then, speak for yourself.

cljw31

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
tuyen said:
The point he was making was that you shouldn't be speaking on behalf on anyone else, because you don't KNOW that everyone feels the same way you do. Maybe they all do, or maybe SOME do, or maybe you're the only one who loves Tim right now.

In either case, you should speak for yourself based on your own feelings and experiences, and not on behalf of hundreds of people - unless of course those hundreds of people have authorized you to speak on everyone's behalf.

Thank you for understand my point of view. You are correct, I do appreciate Mr. Leahy's effort, but it's hard for me to share Warmest's "Adoring" feelings for him. First, I don't adore anyone. Second, he is a lawyer, I paid for a service, he is not volunteering for free.

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
cljw31 said:
Yes I'm one of his clients.

I'm not feeling too hot regarding this lawsuit right now, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way. I would appreciate if you don't generalize our feelings with yours. If somehow there is a poll with everyone's feeling right now about the lawsuit, I'm sure it's not as positive as yours. Though I respect your positive attitude, please don't start speaking for us. If you want to defend Mr. Leahy, please do it as yourself, instead of for us. We all paid the same amount of fees, waited for a long time, so it's my right to feel a certain way regarding the lawsuit. If everyone writes you and ask you to speak out for them in a positive way about Mr. Leahy, feel free to do so, but until then, speak for yourself.
No one here is questioning your right to express your feeling on what you think about the lawsuit and Tim Leahy. But note I have the right to use "we", "us" and "our" because it was me who grouped and who represent the few hundred clients that Tim Leahy represents now. I am authorised to speak on their behalf. I am not speaking on behalf of all the over 1300 clients that Tim Leahy has right now in his fold.