NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
Justice Bernes has shown that he is very very short sighted man of short visions and narrow minded born in a beautiful country. it is bad luck for a bautiful country like Canada to have bernes and Jk on its land.Justice bernes has ruled without considering technicals of law involved in the ruling which he himself said . Very bad indeed.

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
26 Nov 2010 (2nd Aor Date)
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
PMM said:
Hi

Plus he got almost $600K from you guys, so he probably loves you too.
May be, certain amount has to be deduced for the referal money he has paid his 'clients' for roping in others ! Referal money to spread the just cause ! :p

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
maran1976 said:
May be, certain amount has to be deduced for the referal money he has paid his 'clients' for roping in others ! Referal money to spread the just cause ! :p
Great discovery! ;) ;D

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
tuyen said:
That would require a huge burden of proof to convince a court that a lawyer intentionally misled clients. The lawyer would simply argue, "I did my job properly as requested and required of me, but I had no way of knowing how the judge would rule".
agreed tuyen, it requires a lot of proof. but i am sure,he was always aware that this was a lost cause even before it started.
challenging a law passed by the parliament and included in the constitution which does not infringe the rights of its citizen is a big joke !
it is in the hands of the ministry/parliament to frame the rules for immigration ! representing a client for asylum tribunal cases is permissible in the immigration laws and hence is allowed by the courts !

so clearly, tim , an experienced lawyer that he is, obviously knew that this was a loser even before he started roping in clients !

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
maran1976 said:
challenging a law passed by the constitution
Law cannot be passed by the constitution. (Oh God, save me!) It is actually by the government in the parliament in our case.

maran1976 said:
obviously knew that this was a loser even before he started roping in clients !
How about Tim Leahy winning in Liang's case in June 2012? We joined Tim's litigation in 2011 itself.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maran1976 said:
agreed tuyen, it requires a lot of proof. but i am sure,he was always aware that this was a lost cause even before it started.
challenging a law passed by the parliament and included in the constitution which does not infringe the rights of its citizen is a big joke !
Well yes...you know that, and I know that, and 99% of people with common sense know that, but there are people like "warmest" who DON'T know that. So for that reason, lawyers are allowed to challenge whatever laws they want - even if deep down in their hearts and minds they KNOW that they will lose.

maran1976 said:
so clearly, tim , an experienced lawyer that he is, obviously knew that this was a loser even before he started roping in clients !
If he was an experienced lawyer, he probably knew. But to win any kind of lawsuit against him, you would have to go in with a lot more than "he knew", because that requires you to know the inner operation of his mind, and so far we don't have that kind of technology to read people's thoughts.

So in order to sue a lawyer on those grounds, you would have to have some kind of physical proof to show that he not only "knew" that he would lose, but that he knew PRIOR to taking his clients' money. There would have to be something like a recorded conversation with him speaking to somebody where he said "There's no possible way that this lawsuit will be won, but who cares - I'm getting rich anyway!" And of course, that kind of proof will be impossible to produce, unless Tim is really really sloppy and he actually has those kinds of conversations that are recorded.

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
warmest said:
Law cannot be passed by the constitution. (Oh God, save me!) It is actually by the government in the parliament in our case.

How about Tim Leahy winning in Liang's case in June 2012? We joined Tim's litigation in 2011 itself.
That was a typo, which I corrected before your msg! May be, I am as good as Tim,lol

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
maran1976 said:
That was a typo, which I corrected before your msg! May be, I am as good as Tim,lol
Parava illai nanbare. (It is okay, my friend.) :)

If you are a gem of a person like Tim Leahy, then I salute you my friend. :)

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
warmest said:
Parava illai nanbare. (It is okay, my friend.) :)

If you are a gem of a person like Tim Leahy, then I salute you my friend. :)
thalaiva, ungaluku nalladae nadakattum, aen kovam ellam indh alawyers melae... ( boss , let only good things happen to you, my anger is directed at the lawyers all over who prey on innocent )

Glad to know your tamil speaking, like myself !

st-cnncomes

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
s.87.4 will not be struck down. The DELAY and the deliberate WHAREHOUSING of our files will go against CIC. This will be the ruling in January 2013. CIC has deliberately kept our files on hold till this law was passed. Common sense. i hope they have it. ;D

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
maran1976 said:
thalaiva, ungaluku nalladae nadakattum, aen kovam ellam indh alawyers melae... ( boss , let only good things happen to you, my anger is directed at the lawyers all over who prey on innocent )

Glad to know your tamil speaking, like myself !
You are welcome maran1976. Thanks a lot for your wishes. :)

I can understand your concern about innocent applicants being preyed upon by some dishonest lawyers. But from my experience, I can tell you for sure that Tim Leahy is a honest person.

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
Dear Members:

Now if any one want to join beware that only Tim have two fee i.e. an application fee and a wining fee applicable (490 + 1500 approx.) upon wining, whereas no other lawyer has any kind to wining fee. So better to join any other lawyer.

Now I think Tim has to cancel the booking of his new luxary home near to a beutiful beach as he will not receive any wining fee from his clients as he lot the case. LOL

Please correct me If i am wrong. LOL

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
I Have to say that I am a bit upset of the attitude of Tim. FIrst he has kept this news secret since the 14th and only revealed it when I sent him an e mail telling him that everyone on Facebook is saying his lawsuit was dismissed. Second he did not answer my e mail with the details I awaited,,,,most of all what is the situation now for all the four categories he created earlier? finally I Think he led one particular category, those whose files were assessed before 29th March 2012 , to destruction since he refused to finanlise an agreement with CIC concerning this group of litigants hoping that he will reach a victory with his litigation.

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
WHat Tim did wrong in my opinion was that he included too many files in his lawsuit with too different stages of processing. At the end he had 4 different categories: (1) pre-Bill C-50 cases which (a) were never assessed, (b) were assessed before 29 March 2012 or (c) after March 29th and (2) MI 1 cases).

What sort of a judge will rule in such a lawsuit? I always thought Tim was doing something against logic by joining all of these cases in one lawsuit but I did not want to contradict him because I thought he knows what he was doing and is more familiar than me with Canadian courts.
Had Tim separated each of these categories in one lawsuit , the judge(s) would have probably had more respect to the causes of his clients.
Frankly speaking I myself would have dismissed this lawsuit if it was presented in such a mix salad content!!

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopeful4 said:
I Have to say that I am a bit upset of the attitude of Tim. FIrst he has kept this news secret since the 14th and only revealed it when I sent him an e mail telling him that everyone on Facebook is saying his lawsuit was dismissed. Second he did not answer my e mail with the details I awaited,,,,
How do you people expect him to do his job as a lawyer, AND at the same time answer THOUSANDS of nonsensical e-mails? There are only a finite number of hours in every given day, and even lawyers need to sleep...so you better choose which one you want more:

1) for him to do his job in court

or

2) spend all his waking hours replying to thousands of e-mails

It's one or the other, not both.