+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Trades (FST) applicants??

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
copper said:
hi,
thanks for reply
i can check my status because of my client id number on my WH work visa.
no i have not my AOR, how u received ur AOR ? by mail or by e-mail ? and what will happen after AOR ? we receive a PER ?
do you know if i can apply for BOWP after having AOR or i have to wait for a PER.
sooooo many questions.... ;D

And thanks for the exam but it is quite difficult and i have to pass with 70% to obtain red seal, otherwise i have to retry and there are no resources / study materials.
lets c what happen..
keep posting pls .. thanks
Hi copper,

Sorry I didin't check here for few days.
My husband is the main applicant and he got AOR by email after 4 month.
AOR and PER is the same thing, I think PER is for FSW...

dazg73

Jan 19, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I have applied under the FSTP also, my application is under the NOC7241 and was received in Nova Scotia on December 24th.
I was advised to go through this route as it was quick and should take less than 12 months to complete, but after reading your posts its looking like it maybe a longer process.

Its good to find a section on the FST as like some of you have posted there doesn't seem to be many people applying through this programme.

billybully

Oct 26, 2014
I would like to thank copper for providing this thread.

Now here's my timeline:
FSTP
NOC 8252, working since April 2014 up to 2016 here in alberta
Application received : November 6, 2014
PER received: January 5, 2015
MR: waiting =)

I also applied PR thru AINP,
CIC received last January 9.
AOR: waiting

copper

Jan 11, 2015
welcome bilybully,

u received your PER/AOR by mail or by email ?
because i applied about 20 days after you, so if the timings are constant i must receive AOR/PER by the end of month or in februry.
thanks

billybully

Oct 26, 2014
copper said:
welcome bilybully,

u received your PER/AOR by mail or by email ?
because i applied about 20 days after you, so if the timings are constant i must receive AOR/PER by the end of month or in februry.
thanks
thru email =) you are here in alberta as well right?

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi Copper
sorry for a late response. Somehow i missed your message

You will receive your PER via e-mail if you provided your address on the intial application.
my came 4 months after sending app and MR came about 50 days afteR.Status was updated a couple of days later

Do not check your status 3times per day. You might get crazy after while☺
i know it is adictive but they do not update it very often

Good luck it seems like they work a bit faster than before xmas

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
hi NP & Minimee,

I happy that you guys are quite close to get PR under FSTP. I am preparing again to come Canada through EE. Let's see how things will go this time. I have to assess my qualification by WES and also have to arrange job offer letter along with LMIA. and have to attempt IELTS again with 6 band in each module.

I wish best luck to all applicants here under FSTP. Do post latest updates of your process.

Regards

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Hi all,

Sorry I didn't have time to check here...
We got emails from CIC this week.
First email, they want proof of funds (which we didn't provide because we were thinking to get WP, but not...) and other email came in with MR next day.
We booked our medical exam now, and getting bank statements ready.
Let's hope it will go through well! We are getting closer to the end!

have a good weekend everybody!

billybully

Oct 26, 2014
minimee said:
Hi all,

Sorry I didn't have time to check here...
We got emails from CIC this week.
First email, they want proof of funds (which we didn't provide because we were thinking to get WP, but not...) and other email came in with MR next day.
We booked our medical exam now, and getting bank statements ready.
Let's hope it will go through well! We are getting closer to the end!

have a good weekend everybody!

Hi, are you in canada right now?

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi Minime
Congratulations
Our time lines are so similar. I have medicals next week. Hopefully everything goes well.
we are getting slowly to the end of our journey

Montu
if you apply through FSTP you do not need WES. You need red seal or job offer and IELTS requirements are lower than for FSW. You do not need 6. But higher is better more points better score
I hope you do your research and do not use immigration lawyer again....
fingers crossed for you and good luck

copper

Jan 11, 2015
hello minimee,
but if you live in canada and you have an arranged employment,,,, i thought proof of funds was not needed.

following is from cic :-
If you have arranged employment in Canada, you do not have to meet these financial requirements. Arranged employment means that you have an offer of indeterminate employment from an employer in Canada. You must be either currently working in that employment on a work permit in Canada, or have been issued a labour market opinion has must have been provided by the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC). In order to be exempt from the minimum funds requirement, the offer of employment must be genuine, the employment must not part-time or seasonal, the wages offered must be consistent with the prevailing wage rate for the occupation, and the working conditions must meet generally accepted Canadian standards.

:-X :'(

hoping good for you, i will post as soon as i will receive something.. aor... good luck to all...waiting is really hard and specially when u dont know timings... ::)

billybully

Oct 26, 2014
hello guys,

waiting patiently. Sent my documents (provincial nomination AINP) to CIC last january 5, same date I received my file number in FSTP. Goodluck to us =)