+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Trades (FST) applicants??

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Hi all,

Wow, it seems like CIC has got a turbo charger to process FSTP application! LOL

We've done our medical exam last month. We needed to wait long time in the clinic (it was a busy one..) but the doctor was nice and all went smooth afterwards. We didn't hear anything from the doctor(she said she will call us if something wrong), so hope it was all good.
We submited our proof of funds as well, so let's hope CIC says YES to us!!!

billybully

Oct 26, 2014
minimee said:
Hi all,

We've done our medical exam last month. We needed to wait long time in the clinic (it was a busy one..) but the doctor was nice and all went smooth afterwards. We didn't hear anything from the doctor(she said she will call us if something wrong), so hope it was all good.
Wow! thats awesome, you're so very close for PPR. did CIC requested you to update your declaration background/IMM5669?

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
@ billybully

We sent that form together with our application, and no other documents requested except proof of funds.

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi Montu
good luck with your lawyer and getting money back
i have moved to beautiful mountains. I visited Calgary twice, so i have no idea about living in Calgary. It is a nice vibrant city and presume it is expensive as any other big city.
Every family has different needs and lifestyles. It is difficult to say how much you need to make.
i guess 2 bed apartment is about 1200-1500 per month plus bills, food might cost your family about 100-150 per week, transport 100 per month/each, then car insurance.
Sorry i am not very helpfull

Minimee
i was lucky and my medicals tests took only 2hrs and everything in walking distance.
i hope we get our CORPs by the end of march. We are almost there

copper

Jan 11, 2015
Hi guys,
hope u all r doing good
i am still waiting for AOR, i am told by my bank that my cibc money order was been cashed on 29th december 2014, so hope to get AOR before 6th march that is when my IEC work visa will expire.
FEW questions
I think i will go to flagpole and enter as visitor if nothing happen, but if i receive my AOR before 6th march i will send right away for BOWP, but in this case i dont know if i still have to go for flagpole and re enter canada as a tourist ? i am from a visa exempt country.

thanks

copper

Jan 11, 2015
OK guys,
today i called cic and there is a good news, i called cic @ 8882422100 and after checking with my client id n. a very gentle lady confirmed me that i am already eligible for BOWP, but she also suggested to send a paper application and she told me that there is a backlog for AOR and she ensured me that i will receive aor may be in upcoming month. she also gave me a file number starting with E0000000000.
and also with this file number i can check my PR status online like my client id.

i just sent my BOWP application and hope to receive that towards end of may, because timings for bowp paper applications are about 3 months.

i will keep my self updated.

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
hi copper,

great to hear that CIC personnel is this much gentle & co-operative. Wishing you best of luck for AOR. I guess after that not much time will be taken for remaining process. Also keep updating us about your process.

Regards

copper

Jan 11, 2015
dears
i just applied for my BOWP paper application and the processing time is about 86 days, so after 6th march 2015 i will be on implied status.

two questions please
has anybody with IEC (WHV) stayed in canada on implied status and then received his BOWP? (I have also a job, can i continue doing that ?)

has anybody left canada while BOWP processing and then received it ? (i am from a visa exempt country so i can come to canada anytime)

@ minimee and np - as cic confirmed me on phone that my PR app is been processed, and also gave me my pr app file number starting with E000000000, can you please explain what and when happens after PER, like MR timings, PR timings or other things and will me leaving canada, affect my PR file, and if CIC call employer to confirm that i am working over there, because my employer wrote a supporting letter for my PR application at starting and if i will be going he will be in a big problem. i would like to go back to my country Italy for a couple of months and then come back.

@ montu - thanks, ya man you find the gentle persons around you, look at this forum about all threads, A GREAT EXAMPLE... everybody helping each other ;)
thanks

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi Cooper
congratulations to your PER
after PER you will receive MR and RPRF approx. In 60 days. It means they have started processing your app.
Once the medicals are done and submited, then you will get a message on ecas "medicals received". It means you have passed all medical tests
After medicals they do background and criminal checks and then finally you get the final decision on your app. Background and criminal checks might take between 1-3 months it is individual. It depends how much teavelling you have done in the past

Unfortunately, IEC IS NOT EXTENDABLE therefore you will not get BOWP. You need to get LMIA and work permit to legaly work in Canada. As an Italian Citizen you can return as a tourist but not allowed to work without a new work permit. Sorry about bad news

copper

Jan 11, 2015
dears,
this morning i got my email reply from cic-sydney, they wrote me that my file has been transferred to Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O) so they cannot help me any more.
they wrote me a email address of Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O), and advised me to contact them for further info. regarding my PR file.
i haven't received my PER yet, so what u people think, i should write to cpc-o ??

@np- hi np, no man i didn't receive my PER yet, call center gave me the file number and confirmed me that file was been processed and today i got this email that my file is in Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O).
and i called again cic they confirm me after checking my uci code and PR application file number that i am eligible for BOWP and that i can remain in canada working in same place under implied status, they confirmed that IEC is not extendable for Italy but as per as i am eligible for PR under FSTP, that has nothing to do with IEC. :)

THANKS guys

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi Copper
i am surprised you have not received your PER yet. It usually comes before a file transfer. It might be in your junk mail.
i sent you PM regarding the implied status. Check your inbox

sewak

Mar 13, 2015
minimee said:
Hi all,

sewak

Mar 13, 2015
Hi minimee

I have applied in FSTP .I got my PER on 21 st january 2015. Could you please suggest me that how long will it take to process my application. What was your visa office. It also depends on your visa office. Anyone else who got PER in january ,december or february 2015.

Thanks

copper

Jan 11, 2015
hi np, minimee and all,

I need an advise from you guys,

as i wrote in last posts that i NEVER received my PER/AOR, but my case is already in ottawa from 19th feb, as cio sydney confirmed me by mail,

i have calculated from your timelines that days after payment to PER/AOR is about 40/50 days and infact my payment was received on 30 december 2014 and my case was been transferred to CPC-O in date 19th Feb, so right 50 days, but unfortunately i never got my AOR/PER.

After PER/AOR the medicals are in about 50/55 days so if timelines are quite constant i shoud receive MR around 10th to 20th April, (please advise if i calculated the right times and if we get MR by email ??? )

now the question is if i haven't received my PER/AOR, i am sooo afraid to not receive my MR tooooo. may be my email address on file is incorrect or i have a biggggggggg doubt that my immigration consultant is screwing me and may be she received it and never gave to me !!! (because she said that i was eligible for EE was forcing me to apply for EE and asking me about 2 thousand dollars and i refused because i applied by my self and was not eligible). only thing i can do is to remove her from my PR file as a representative. (but its always a doubt that she received my PER/AOR and i paid her about 2500 dollars for my PR file)

i wrote to cpc-o, to correct my email address and that i never got AOR, but i think i have to wait long.

i gave you +1 np ;)

@ sewak - welcome and congrats for PER, as you can see my file is transferred to CPC-O in date feb 19, i think this is about the date i should have received my PER/AOR but VERY STRANGELY i never got that. when they receive your docs. ? i think you will receive your MR in next 10 days maximum. good luck.