+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Trades (FST) applicants??

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Hi all, sorry I didn't check here these days..

@ copper

You haven't got PER yet? I saw in this forum that some people didn't get PER/AOR.
It might got in junk mail folder, or CIC sent it to wrong email address( like miss typing or somthing..)...
It looks like you sent an email to CPC-O to comfirm your email address, so I think it shoud be ok..
Our timeline is quiet similar to NP26's, we got our AOR end of November which took almost 4 month after we applied, and then MR + document request came on by email mid January. You may be contacted from CIC soon!!
I think you better wait to go to your country until you get BOWP. After you get it, it should be no problem to go out and into Canada.

@ sewak

Sorry but noboday can say how long the process will be... It all depends on your case or the officer...
Our case, we got AOR/PER end of November, and got MR + document request on mid January.
So you might get somthing from CIC soon, but as I said above, it depends...
Our office is CPC-O.

Good luck!

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi Copper
in my opinion if you mentioned your immigration lawyer on your app then all the communication between the office and you goes through your lawyer. You will not receive any email from the office.

I think you previously mentioned that you have received an email that your file was transfered to Ottawa. It means you passed positivelly eligibility review. Therefore your lawyer must received you PER. Thats my opinion.
anyway, you do not need any lawyer anymore. You have everything what you need (file number) Fill up the form,send it and take her off your process. Then you will receive all email from the office, MR...

once more, it is only my thinking and thats what i would do if i was you.
good luck

LoopyL

Feb 5, 2013
Hi all. We applied under FST with a Red Seal Certificate but at the very end of December. I know that the Federal Skilled Worker forum is saying that late December applications are being returned and that the global cap had been reached. Does anybody know if the Federal Skilled trade cap was ever reached? I never could find any CAP updates on the CIC website. Congrats to all whose applications have been accepted for processing!

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi LoopyL
there are not many applicants in our program, therefore in my opinion, FST has not been capped.
As far as i remember, only the cooks'noc was capped within a few days in May

nixman

Apr 12, 2014
My Partner applied as a FSTW with a cert. of qualification, on Dec 27th, our credit card was charged a processing fee on March 6th. Can anyone fill me in on timelines from this process to being able to work in Canada, if we pass everything in the FSTW. IS it possible to get a temporary work visa once we are passed a point in the process. Also Haven't received a single email from cic and was wondering how we go about getting a file number to check his status on line.
Thanks

copper

Jan 11, 2015
@loppyl - hi, if you applied as a cook under fstp, then yes the cap was reached yet in october 2014, like for a couple of other trades, but for the rest of trades there was no information on cic website until end of 2014 and then after there were no updates about fstp on cic website as express entry was started from 1st jan 2015.
you have a wrong information about december applications been returned, because even in this thread we have applicant like dagz who applied in dec and already received his PER. and nixman (last post) who applied in dec and has been charged.
So if you didnt apply as a cook and have send all correct documents, be faithful.

@ nixman - it is a good news that your cc has been charged, ok i have a media of timings i.e. PER/AOR is about 40/50 days after payment and
After PER/AOR the medicals are in about 50/55 days, so if you were charged 6th march i think you will receive PER near end of april. ( these are my rough calculations after studying timelines of many applicants)
if you have a client number (1111-1111) 8 digit number known also as UCI, u have this if you have ever been in canada on wp, it is printed on that, you can check your app on line, otherwise you have to wait for PER.

goodluck to both of you guys.

nixman

Apr 12, 2014
Copper- Since my partner is in Australia right now because he has to work. If he were to come to Canada on a one way ticket would he be turned away with being close to PER?
Also does he have to do the medical in Australia or can he do it here in Canada?
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Hi nixman,

Processing time are always different on each application... Some are similar like ours and NP26's, but we can't tell exact timelines.
As your partner is in Australia, he can't get bridgging open work permit even if he got AOR/PER.
He can go through the normal way to get work permit, or he can get working holiday visa if he is eligible for.
Otherwise I believe he'll have problem to enter Canada with one way ticket...
I think he can do his medicals either in Australia, or Canada if he admitted in Canada. (Don't forget to change his address to CIC)

Well, that's my opinion with my knowledge, please correct me if I'm wrong... :)

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi Nixman
it is cheaper to buy a return ticket than buying only one way ( at least from Europe). The airlines might not take him on the plane with the single ticket. it is always better to have a return ticket. Anyway, all depends on a visa requirements from his country of origin
Unfortunately, he will not get work permit based on the PER.
He can do his medicals with any CIC approved doctor around the globe. I recommend to use someone close if additional tests are required...
as Minimee says the timelines are unpredictable

Hopefully you will receive your PER soon

LoopyL

Feb 5, 2013
Dear Copper,

No, my husband isn't a cook however I just found out the application
ended up in Halifax with DHL not strictly noting the delivery date. Touch and go
but guess it depends on Christmas faith. Based
on Nixman's timetable I will give it until the end of April for a returned application.
Sent the money via cheque so no way
to trace this unfortunately! Fingers crosses still and thanks for the timelines!!!

LoopyL

copper

Jan 11, 2015
@ nixman,
it depends what is citizenship of your partner, if he is a australian citizen, so a visa exempt country, he can fly without a return ticket, but may be asked by immigration officer sufficient economic grounds like money he has and where he is going to stay in canada, i personally know couple of italians who flew to canada with one way ticket, but with really strong economic grounds.
if you are from a country which needs visa i think no way you can enter in canada with one way ticket and may be you will be not even able to board on airplane.
you can read in this topic that many has entered in canada with one way ticket
www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-i-enter-canada-with-a-one-way-ticket-and-buy-a-return-once-im-there-t35463.0.html
its all up to you..
Medicals can be done anywhere in world by cic authorised doctors.

@ loopyl
my personal experience, i send a cibc bank money order and my bank was informed when the cheque was been cashed and on my request they provided me a copy of that cashed cheque. it took about 10 days, but i was able to know.

LoopyL

Feb 5, 2013
Dear Copper,

Thanks for that idea. I have chased up my bank as Thomas Cook were not very helpful! You are
right. It is not a very common request so I think that they may take a while,

Thanks for the heads up,

LoopyL

cymromoir

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
copper said:
Hi to all,
i am a new member, APPLICANT OF FEDERAL SKILLED TRADES PROGRAM, from alberta.
this is a great thread for applicants who applied under FSTP
but i am surprised there are too less applicants / participants.

ok, my status on line is
PERMANENT RESIDENT
1. WE RECEIVED YOUR NULL ON NOVEMBER 25,2014.

in addition
I applied for a LMIA in 10th dec and my application for lmia was started on 15 th dec. (usually it takes 2/3 months)
I have a red seal exam coming up in next weeks.
and i send all this information with my FSTP PR file to CIO. (hoping this helps)

only thing is that my WP expires on 6th march, i have a full time 24 months work contract.

@ minimee and np - thanks guys for being so active and please keep posting updates .
and thanks to everybody for participating and sharing valueable experience and timeline.
Copper do you know what 1. WE RECEIVED YOUR NULL ON NOVEMBER 25,2014 means? in regards to Null? my Ecas says the same howver I do not know what it mean s

copper

Jan 11, 2015
hi cymromoir,
dont worry its same for everyone initially and will change after the medicals, it probably means no status yet.