+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

tisu09

May 2, 2010
Yes Que100, I can see my address, nothing changes. Do you guys think I should email them, asking for some information?

cesagbiggeo

Apr 1, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2010
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
Med's Request
16-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
tisu09 said:
Yes Que100, I can see my address, nothing changes. Do you guys think I should email them, asking for some information?
Yes Email Buffalo asking them if you can send your PASSPORT ( write exactly that on your email) .... you will see they will reply asking to send your PASSPORT (PPR)...@ QUE100 do the same as well...I know that it is sneaky but I read that from others forum... :p

Que100

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
tisu09 said:
I dont think email will make any difference, however, u can send it asking for update. It is most likely that they will send the standard response. I got a response on monday that my file is in process & cannot provide me a definite date when my application will be finalized.

Dont worry too much, individual cases are different. U may hear from them even b4 some of us. After all guys that sent their applications after me have got PR.

Just be calm. It's well.

Que100

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
cesagbiggeo said:
Yes Email Buffalo asking them if you can send your PASSPORT ( write exactly that on your email) .... you will see they will reply asking to send your PASSPORT (PPR)... @ QUE100 do the same as well...I know that it is sneaky but I read that from others forum... :p
Based on your suggestion, l sent email asking if l can send my RPRF along with my passport. Since l havn't paid the Fee, l guess it is a legitimate enquiry.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
hopefully it works for you folks as for me when i got the email about that stupid transfer, they said not to contact Seattle for 3mths. Besides, i emailed 3 times Seattle with general inquiry and never got a response. I am sooo impressed by their idea "Transferring my file to expedite the process".

subinense you should follow cesag idea too and send an email to ask can i send my passport since you have everything at hand to finalize my case, plz tell me.

lets be agressive... if i was in your shoes, I'll email same message every 2-3 days till they reply.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
oui tjrs Clément, pq?

J'en ai encore pour 1 à 2 mois de status implicite.

Kayus

Aug 18, 2011
Thanks for the info nkusi aeo3yy :)
So I called my bank and asked to find out if my money order was cashed. They told me that it was cashed in early May (May 11, I think; I sent my application on February 25). So at least I know that if they took my money they'll start working on something, right?

side note: I had a friend who sent hers in February and got her AOR in MARCH! I don't know how they organize themselves but oh well.

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
ae03yy said:
oui tjrs Clément, pq?

Simple question de curiosite: What happens what these 1-2 months run out ?

@ all ,

I do not think emailing the "May I send my Passport ? " is a good idea.
These guys may think you are teasing them . I am okay with sending email , for update or any other "genuine" reason ( for me, asking for PPR is not a genuine one). Just try to find something, like

"Dear Sir/Madam .....
I have sent this .......and .......that ( go ahead and name all the docs ....fees....extra-docs if any .... long wait ..... , make that a paragraph).

As you know , I am on the implied status ( then go ahead and explain what this means....for another paragraph or two).

Passing through some immigration fora , I have noticed that other applicant have received the PPR . I was wondering of all is well with my dossier , and how long before it gets finalized

"

May be this is not very standard , but try to make it polite and very very formal ... If these guys wanna play it standard (with their standard reply), we least owe them a "standard" inquiry, right ?

Then flood them with the same email ..... I don't wanna know how many you will send everyday.

Keep :p , ya all.

nkusi.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
hello nkusi,

I sent my appl'n for WP just before it expires because i was waiting for my ppt. Now, they are on files recd end of March so approx 1-2 months away from mine. In the advent the implicite status ceases it will be because of a decision made to my status. Either i get PR status and in that case WP fee might be refunded or WP is issued and i'll fax the copy to Seattle upon receipt.

Don't forget folks to send new WP/SP to show the new status if not they might ask you, which will delay the process. Do not wait and react, be eager to anticipate and act professionally.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
kayus,

Could you kindly post ur timeline? I'll add it to the race for AOR!!!

Seattle has :-X well let's wait n see next week they might be smiling back w/ smthg
Did u know Seattle is 3 hrs behind... they just about to start lunch time, in 3 mins

Clément007

Jun 28, 2011
ae03yy said:
oui tjrs Clément, pq?

oui je demande pcq y a un forumiste parmi nous (le seul jusqu a présent)qui a recu un courriel de Buffalo en lui demandant une preuve de son statut actuel.

donc j imagine qu aucune décision ne serait prise par buffalo tant que le demandeur est en statut implicite et c est ce qui retarde
apparemment la finalisation de nos dossiers n est ce pas ???

corrige moi si je me trompe

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
hello nkusi,

I sent my appl'n for WP just before it expires because i was waiting for my ppt. Now, they are on files recd end of March so approx 1-2 months away from mine. In the advent the implicite status ceases it will be because of a decision made to my status. Either i get PR status and in that case WP fee might be refunded or WP is issued and i'll fax the copy to Seattle upon receipt.

Don't forget folks to send new WP/SP to show the new status if not they might ask you, which will delay the process. Do not wait and react, be eager to anticipate and act professionally.
Excellent point you made there ae03yy regarding updating them about the current status. I completely forgot about that and just now sent them a copy of my work permit thanks to your observation. I'd love it if in reply they asked for my passport! :D

how's the new phone treating you?

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Clément007 said:
oui je demande pcq y a un forumiste parmi nous (le seul jusqu a présent)qui a recu un courriel de Buffalo en lui demandant une preuve de son statut actuel.

donc j imagine qu aucune décision ne serait prise par buffalo tant que le demandeur est en statut implicite et c est ce qui retarde
apparemment la finalisation de nos dossiers n est ce pas ???

corrige moi si je me trompe
si Buffalo/Seattle osait demander la preuve de status a une personne qui est en status implicite. C tres simple: imprime les liens qui parlent du status implicite dans les 2 langues. Joins une copie de la preuve d'expédition de ta demande à Vegreville. Et aussi écris une lettre disant la vérité. Ils ne devraient pas t'embêter davantage.

J'attends depuis plus(ou près) d'un an pour la finalisation de mon dossier d'immig. Les délais de traitement sont passés de 5-9 mois à 14 mois dans vos bureaux. J'ai voulu, pensant bien faire, attendre la décision de ma demande de RP et puis j'ai finalement réalisé qu'il serait préférable de me protéger en soumettant un renouvellement de mon status temporaire. Je l'ai envoyé par poste le jj mm aaaa via xpress post et le tout a été reçu à Vegreville. Malheureusement, eux aussi accuse un délai et aujourdh'ui ils étudient les demandes de jj mm aaaa.

Selon la loi de l'immigration, je ne suis pas illégal et je peux continuer sous le même status.... ect Mon status est implicite depuis jj mm aaaa, le jour où mon permis a expiré. Je ne peux malheureusement pas vous fournir mon nouveau permis, mais je joins des documents tirés de votre ministère qui précise ce que je viens de dire. J'ajoute également une photocopie du reçu de Canada Poste.

J'ose espérer que cette nouvelle concernant mon status implicite vous permettra de finaliser mon dossier sans plus attendre.

SIGNATURE
PRÉNOM_ET_NOM
Client ID
File#
DOB