Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
fairooz said:
Excellent point you made there ae03yy regarding updating them about the current status. I completely forgot about that and just now sent them a copy of my work permit thanks to your observation. I'd love it if in reply they asked for my passport! :D

how's the new phone treating you?
Have you seen the Xperia pro it s soooooo cute and i love SonyE but well, i think it is not designed for me, a left hand person. The cord for pluggin is quite short too and there's no memory card given by fido. I will need to go in person and ask Fido reps to help me setup emails, ect. I also wish they had the red one... i'll keep it for a week or so but might send it back and purchase one unlocked that is red.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
ae03yy said:
hello nkusi,

I sent my appl'n for WP just before it expires because i was waiting for my ppt. Now, they are on files recd end of March so approx 1-2 months away from mine. In the advent the implicite status ceases it will be because of a decision made to my status. Either i get PR status and in that case WP fee might be refunded or WP is issued and i'll fax the copy to Seattle upon receipt.

Don't forget folks to send new WP/SP to show the new status if not they might ask you, which will delay the process. Do not wait and react, be eager to anticipate and act professionally.
I renewed WP and SP for my husband and I in April. We should receive new ones in June, but until now there is no sign of WP and SP. I hope we can get PR or new paperwork ASAP, then my husband could go for a conference in Nov. in US. Cuz if we go to US under implicit status, we only have visitor status after we go back Canada. So we can't study or work.
If I got PR first, I will definitely ask them to give my money back.
Fingers crossed.

p.s. ae03yy is your address missing on ecas? Mine has been missing for one week.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Que100 said:
Based on your suggestion, l sent email asking if l can send my RPRF along with my passport. Since l havn't paid the Fee, l guess it is a legitimate enquiry.
That's what I planned to ask LA office about. But just like ae03yy, I was told not to contact LA in 30 days. ???

armin

May 31, 2011
@ Clément,

j'ai appellé le CIC ce matin pour leur poser justement la question, la dame du télécentre m'a gentiment donné toutes les explications nécessaires en me disant comme quoi il faut envoyer une preuve (à savoir l'accusé de reception et le reçu) et en ajoutant aussi que le status implicite est un status reconnu par le CIC, donc à mon avis sauf pépin tout devrait être bon.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
armin said:
@ Clément,

j'ai appellé le CIC ce matin pour leur poser justement la question, la dame du télécentre m'a gentiment donné toutes les explications nécessaires en me disant comme quoi il faut envoyer une preuve (à savoir l'accusé de reception et le reçu) et en ajoutant aussi que le status implicite est un status reconnu par le CIC, donc à mon avis sauf pépin tout devrait être bon.
Soit possitif armin... et n'oblie pas q Buffalo ne peux pas toujours s'informer de tt les nouvelles lois. ce sont des humains too... tu dois les informer en faisant comme s'ils ne savent rien de rien et leur expliquer la loi en ce qui te concerne.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Si vous avez un status implicite vous pouvez contacter Buffalo pour leur dire que vous etes encore au Canada mais légalement grace au status implicite et leur expliquer ce que cest:

Voila un email q j'ai reçu de CIC en avril qui pourrait vous aider. Demander a CIC rep. de vous envoyer un email qui présente et explique lle status impliciite. Imprimez-le et aussi la page qui concerne l'OP section 24. Ca devrait suffir pour prouver ce que vous dites. Puis avec les autres preuves que armin a mentionné envoyez le tt a Buffalo par fax ou par poste.

Please do not reply to this email.

Date: 2011-04-18

Sir, Madam

Thank you for contacting the Call Centre. I am pleased to provide you with the requested information:

As a temporary resident, if you send your application for an extension of your authorization to remain in Canada at the latest on the expiry date of your status, you will be considered in status as a temporary resident until a decision is made on the application. This is known as an Implied Status.

If you hold a work permit or a study permit, you can continue working or studying under the conditions of your previous permit if you have applied to extend your stay in Canada under the same category. However, if you have applied to extend your stay under another category, you must stop working or studying.

If you leave Canada while under implied status, you may be authorized to:

1) re-enter Canada as a temporary resident, if the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Vegreville, Alberta, has not yet made a decision on your application to extend your work/study permit. Please note that you will not be permitted to work/study until you receive your new permit. You must satisfy the officer at the port of entry that you have sufficient means of support. This applies if you:
-are temporary resident visa (TRV) exempt;
-held a valid multiple-entry visa before leaving Canada; or
-travelled only to the United States and/or St.Pierre and Miquelon;
-re-enter Canada as a worker/student, if the officer at the port of entry determines that your application to extend your work/study permit was approved by the CPC while you were outside Canada;

or

2) apply for a new work/study permit at the port of entry provided you have the right to do so under the Regulations.

For more information on implied status, please see OP 11, section 24 of the Operational Manuals.
The Internet links below will provide you with more detailed information:

Description: Overseas Processing - see OP 11, section 24
Address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/index.asp

Description: Eligibility to apply for a Work Permit as you enter Canada
Address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible.asp#enter

Description: Eligibility to apply for a Study Permit as you enter Canada
Address: http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/SOR-2002-227/page-7.html#anchorbo-ga:l_12-gb:l_2.

The information in this email is meant to assist you in understanding the immigration and citizenship policies and/or procedures. It is a summary of the information contained in the law. If you plan on consulting this email again at a future date, please visit our Web site to ensure that you have the most current information on our programs and policies.

For any further questions, please visit our Web site at www.cic.gc.ca or contact our Call Centre at 1 888 242-2100 (8 a.m. - 4 p.m. local time).

If you are deaf, deafened or hard of hearing, or you have a speech impediment and use a text telephone, you can access the TTY service by calling 1 888 576-8502 (8 a.m. - 4 p.m. local time).

Don't forget about CIC's other on-line services:
-Download application kits and forms
-Inform us of a change of address
-Learn the status of your application.
-Tips for clients.

Sidi
Agent #3713
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Please Note The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. CIC Internet information is available in both official languages. The masculine form is used for convenience, it refers to both men and women.

armin

May 31, 2011
@Aeo,

merci beaucoup pour tes encouragements et ces précieuses informations. j'ai envoyé un courrier cet après midi avec une lettre explicative et les preuves de mon status en esperant que ce soit suffisant pour eux!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
fallsage said:
I renewed WP and SP for my husband and I in April. We should receive new ones in June, but until now there is no sign of WP and SP. (...)

p.s. ae03yy is your address missing on ecas? Mine has been missing for one week.
yep. my address is also gone! But, about your permit, call CIC Hotline
a) choose language (1=English, 2=Francais) and
b) press 2 to get the Interactive services.
Then choose 7 for Work permit (i think). Enter Client ID digits and it will tell you if it was isssued or not.
To go back to the main menu dial 1. Repeat step a) et b). Then choose 6 for Study permit

If you did not receive it and it was sent speak with a Rep. about it they can send you another copy. Also, at the airport and in local cic office they can issue you guys one on the spot, depending of the emergency...
do try your best to convince them if u walk in to local cic tell urself i dont accept a NO and you'll most probably walk out with ur papers and a smile http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp#qc

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Guys,

I just phoned CIC Hotline as I do every other week and received the following message about my WP application: "Votre demande a été reçu le 27 mai 2011. Le traitement de votre demande est en cours. Nous prévoyons vous fournir une decision d'ici le 15 aout 2011." This clearly means no matter what happens I won't get refunded for WP... because they wont refund once application is being processed. Crossing fingers now it better be a good news. As I like being ahead, I'm going to prepare a fax for Seattle and send it to them whenever I receive the "decision about my WP".

Also as I learned from cesag, I will use that opportunity to ask them the Can i send passport million dollar question. LOL

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
ae03yy said:
yep. my address is also gone! But, about your permit, call CIC Hotline
a) choose language (1=English, 2=Francais) and
b) press 2 to get the Interactive services.
Then choose 7 for Work permit (i think). Enter Client ID digits and it will tell you if it was isssued or not.
To go back to the main menu dial 1. Repeat step a) et b). Then choose 6 for Study permit

If you did not receive it and it was sent speak with a Rep. about it they can send you another copy. Also, at the airport and in local cic office they can issue you guys one on the spot, depending of the emergency...
do try your best to convince them if u walk in to local cic tell urself i dont accept a NO and you'll most probably walk out with ur papers and a smile http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp#qc
Thanks! ae03yy
I called them last month. They sent an email to the office which deals with online applications. But I didn't get any news 30 days later. I called them again. Now I gotta wait for 15 days.
I'll try to be patient one more time. Then I'll go to the local office. Thanks for the link. I didn't know this option before.

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
In INDIA whole process takes max 1.5 months to finalise PR applications after getting CSQ :eek:.... Wht do u guys think; was tht possible too tht if I could have sent my federal application to INDIA instead of Buffalo , it could take the same processing time as in India?? Are the applicants living within canada, allowed to send their federal applications to anywhere wherever they wish to send or they have to only stick with Buffalo :mad: Or aftr getting CSQ I could have been went back to my home country (India) to visit my family and then apply my federal part in CHC there?? My 6th month has just started and i dont know how many more months I hav to wait for getting AOR+Medicals :'( ...... everyday I check my mailbox like crazy n get only damn Flyers in it :mad:... Buffalo guys move ur hands fast :mad:

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
sher_singh said:
In INDIA whole process takes max 1.5 months to finalise PR applications after getting CSQ :eek:.... Wht do u guys think; was tht possible too tht if I could have sent my federal application to INDIA instead of Buffalo , it could take the same processing time as in India?? Are the applicants living within canada, allowed to send their federal applications to anywhere wherever they wish to send or they have to only stick with Buffalo :mad: Or aftr getting CSQ I could have been went back to my home country (India) to visit my family and then apply my federal part in CHC there?? My 6th month has just started and i dont know how many more months I hav to wait for getting AOR+Medicals :'( ...... everyday I check my mailbox like crazy n get only damn Flyers in it :mad:... Buffalo guys move ur hands fast :mad:
You have the choice.

As a preferred option applicants should choose to submit application to their homeland. Just like US applicants send theirs to Buffalo. Now as an option, Buffalo allows applications from those that are in Canada and cannot send it back home. while deciding applicants must keep in mind that if an interview is required, the applicant must present himself to the visa office that holds his file. Also to submit an application to Buffalo you must have resided in Canada for 1 yr prior applying.

Finally timeline always vary from consulate to consulate and from one immigration officer to another. I only wish I was still living in Niagara region I would have got and offered them boxes of Tim's coffees :)
Don't let urself distracted friend. You applied to Buffalo not India, so regrets should not overwhelm you... regardless of any obtacles.

Kayus

Aug 18, 2011
ae03yy said:
kayus,

Could you kindly post ur timeline? I'll add it to the race for AOR!!!
ae03yy,

Application sent: Feb 25, 2011
Received: Feb 28, 2011
Money order cashed: May 3, 2011

Thanks.

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
you are saying right AEO, thanks, I know everybdy here is waiting for their turn and travelled so far in this waiting game, I can feel their pain too, but sumtimes its normally happens tht u start thinking a lot n u cant control ovr ur mind, I think i need fresh air to fresh up my mind, so going outside to take a short walk.. ;D .. Till then keep motivating to each other friends :) ... Cheers!!