Interview........
???
Passport Req..
???
VISA ISSUED...
???
LANDED..........
???
hey guys, just wanna know if all of U here are QWS applicants? please enlighten me...

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@143canada , yeah . Everybody in this thread is Quebec immigration applicant .

Today , I called Ottawa for checking if the received my medical. The lady checked m file number , and found nothing . She told me that it takes a couple of weeks before they start processing in Ottawa. Considering that my exams were sent to Ottawa around 4April 2011 , is this normal ??
She told me to call back by the end of the next week to recheck .
I will keep you guys posted.

By the way, how long does it take for Buffalo to send a confirmation when they get the medical exams ?

Nkusi

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nkusi said:
@ 143canada , yeah . Everybody in this thread is Quebec immigration applicant .

Today , I called Ottawa for checking if the received my medical. The lady checked m file number , and found nothing . She told me that it takes a couple of weeks before they start processing in Ottawa. Considering that my exams were sent to Ottawa around 4April 2011 , is this normal ??
She told me to call back by the end of the next week to recheck .
I will keep you guys posted.

By the way, how long does it take for Buffalo to send a confirmation when they get the medical exams ?

Nkusi
I think I did my med exam at the same place as you did at the similar time.

I will call Ottawa tmr to check whether they have it or not.

For those who requested CAIPS notes, does it say whether Buffalo received med result?

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Nkusi

Buffalo only confirmed they had my meds after I specifically asked them, but I guess some of our other friends on this forum may have received confirmation without asking.

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@Farooz ,

I guess I will launch a follow-up campaign to both Buffalo & Ottawa starting May 1, if don't get anything next week.
Thanks for your answer.

Sometimes I wonder what it takes to automate an email system confirming the reception of a certain document (I guess only the document name will change, the rest must be a template). Is it really so hard that we have to remind Buffalo to notify us ??

Nkusi.

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@nkusi

You're welcome and best of luck! :)

I think your automated answer idea is awesome! Haha perhaps Buffalo should have a "suggestion box" for ideas to help them improve things :p

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
it is not the policy of Buffalo to notify applicants when they get something. Ecas was created for that purpose.
Also, keep in mind CIC don't recommend doing Med'l exam by anticipation because it creates a need from us to wanna know status thereafter. However, they can answer request given that they have time to do so... I believe they're swampt of applications/questions right now... so be patient and if you did medical in anticipation contact Ottawa after 6-7 weeks of wait. If you did not, simply wait for Buffalo to ask next step.
I know it's hard to do so, i.e to wait. I'm in better position to say so cz it's my second attempt for PR. the first one was denied due to an error on the decision made by the officer on FSW. I am thus waitin since November 2007. As you, I believe it sucks to wait on s.o. who holds your future. By the end of this process we will all have obtained PhD in patience :)

Despite all that I may have to leave soon (in 5 weeks) if my status or employer don't succeed to move ahead. I'm scared to death to return to CI which is unsafe, and fail to setup properly... but I wait like you. So, an piece of advice from my personal exp.is don't abuse their patience and system even though we all wish to Kick their ass. If you undergo medical after getting the form, your file will be forwarded accordingly. Coonsidein how lucky we all are to be at this stage now and be brave. We can do it!

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@ae03yy ,

I feel you ,man ! Returning to CI nowadays is simply hazardous !
I hope that your status will change before it comes to that.

We actually have no way other than waiting , we are painfully learning to wait.

Have a good night.

Nkusi

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ae03yy: Hang in there! Here's hoping you get some super positive news soon!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
fairooz said:
@ ae03yy: Hang in there! Here's hoping you get some super positive news soon!
thanks guys for the positive thoughts !! :)

match

Nov 3, 2010
ae03yy, hang in there buddy. like you once told me, there is no reason why it all shouldn't work out!

also, im not sure if this is applicable in your situation, but a lot of my friends received their post-grad work permits after their study permits expired. in the between period they were allowed to stay in Canada, because of something called Implied Satus (ie: you can remain in the country till a decision about your new application has been made). I don't know the details and even if this applies in the case of a PR application, but definitely look into it.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Thks guys, I can feel what they call pressure coming after me.. but am trying to remain calm. Hopefully, I'll have my PhD in Patience soon :)

But, yes I know about Post-Grad Work Permit. Mine expires soon... I also know my employer neeeds to apply for LMO now since am about to reach 3yrs with current PGWP. As I undestand right now the lmo do not require employers to meet the recruitment effort to Canadians and landed immigrants and by advertising for NOC 0,A,B if position offered is permanent. Even thouggh i fit in the descriction, he informed me on Thursday he's not going to file because he thinks they'll deny the LMO.
Therefore I'm praying for guidance and counsel from Heaven before lookin into other possibilities.

What else is new under the sun, uh?

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I finally had my postal draft encashed on April, 21st by Buffalo :D That means I finally "EXIST" in Buffalo's dark hole ;D

I hope AOR and IVM will follow soon.

@ae03yy : Did you know about the "statut implicite " ? Actually you need to fill a Work permit renewal application and pay the 150 fees and send it to Vegreville, AB. You will be able to continue to work under the "statut implicite" during the whole period of wait (101 days if you submit it on paper, 55 days online). It is sure that it will be denied (because you don't have the LMO and they will process it anyway) but it gives you about an additionnal 3 months and a half period to work. You mustn't leave Canada during this period.

If you need more information I'll be glad to help you. I have a lot of links and documentation about it. (In french, of course... As you can see my English is horrible ;D)

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
That is something admontreal! a big smthg, and makes me remember how happy i was to receive confirmation my money was cashed. Also thks for this brilliant idea. I am trying my best to stay in the truth and do the right thing.. but should i eventually opt for your idea I'll let you know. I still have a month from today to get PPR and upon receiving it I'll mail my new passport (hope to receive it soon too) to my old landlady. She lives in Niagara region and can go to Buffalo and come out with shiny visa right away then mail it back to me.
If your English is terrible, mine is HORRIBLE. lol

I'll keep you posted anyways dude, but, hopefully I wont need your Frenchy links.

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Nice to see people sharing ideas in this forum. I got last month a letter to request more documents (eventhough they were filed in the initial application) before they waive the interview to get the CSQ. I want to know the timeline of the federal part if anyone can help with this.

Best wishes to all of you!