+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing new on my end, still waiting.

ae03yy any news on your new passport? Have you applied for your second CAIPS notes yet?

Freedom4ever

May 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nkusi said:
@ 143canada , yeah . Everybody in this thread is Quebec immigration applicant .

Today , I called Ottawa for checking if the received my medical. The lady checked m file number , and found nothing . She told me that it takes a couple of weeks before they start processing in Ottawa. Considering that my exams were sent to Ottawa around 4April 2011 , is this normal ??
She told me to call back by the end of the next week to recheck .
I will keep you guys posted.

By the way, how long does it take for Buffalo to send a confirmation when they get the medical exams ?

Nkusi
Nkusi

what is the phone number of Ottawa, can we check the status of the medicals ?

hadal

Dec 13, 2010
This the response I got from Buffalo when I asked them whether they have received the medical results:

Yes, we have received the medical results. Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

I don't know how long more do we need to wait for PPR. I think for most cases it takes 5 to 6 months after IA. Consulate website is saying 14 months for QSW. It has been 8 months for me till now. Maybe 6 months more to wait. My friend who applied from Ontario in May 2010 is PR now. I applied Dec 2009 for CSQ and still waiting for PPR.

So frustrating. GOD PLEASE HELP US!!!

Freedom4ever

May 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hadal said:
This the response I got from Buffalo when I asked them whether they have received the medical results:

Yes, we have received the medical results. Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

I don't know how long more do we need to wait for PPR. I think for most cases it takes 5 to 6 months after IA. Consulate website is saying 14 months for QSW. It has been 8 months for me till now. Maybe 6 months more to wait. My friend who applied from Ontario in May 2010 is PR now. I applied Dec 2009 for CSQ and still waiting for PPR.

So frustrating. GOD PLEASE HELP US!!!
When do we receive the IA ? what is your time line hadal ?

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
nope haven't send caips note yet as i was worried about my passport. The embassy dude said he'll make some more phone calls to know when we should expect it. But, i tell you at this point i wish to leur administrer une bonne fessée au xyz%?&. Plus, i will need to leave soon.... but where's my passport to even shop for flight tickets?

I am tryin to stay calm now as I'm about 3 weeks of WP expiry date, and despair for my miracle. I also received the same email from Buffalo, hadal 2times. But, i emailed 1 month after to get an update. Rec'd a generic email saying we got your message but no answer since.

It tends to be 2-3months waiting before ppr, but some trackitt members did their medical in January and are still waiting. Now, I wonder what if i change my address to Ontario, will it make them act promptly like they did for applicants in USA???
Any input!!!!!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Freedom4ever said:
When do we receive the IA ? what is your time line hadal ?
Hi there,
Check page 43 of this thread

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I ordered CAIPS notes yesterday.

It will say whether Buffalo has my result or not.

Hope to have good news pretty soon for all of us.

stanka

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello comrades,

Did anyone with priority apply to Buffalo?

btw why can't I send personal messages? I could before.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
stanka said:
Hello comrades,

Did anyone with priority apply to Buffalo?

btw why can't I send personal messages? I could before.
Hello Stanka
You may have received priority processing to obtain CSQ, but there's no such thing for the federal part. The only priority that Buffalo seems to give is 1) application sent from US 2) family application and maybe 3) application submitted from Canada outside Quebec

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
Hi all,
I am new to this forum. Its so reassuring to read your experiences and stories, gives me a lot of hope :) Congrats to all who are proud Canadian PRs!

I applied for CSQ in late March (with spouse) under PEQ and got it issued today morning :)
I am all set to apply for the federal (from the US) , and I have a few questions:
1. Police certificate: Should I go ahead and send my application, and send in the police certificate later once I receive them, since it takes alteast 8 weeks to get them from FBI

2. I studied in Quebec for 4 years, now living in Boston with my spouse. Do I need to get a canadian police certificate, just in case they might ask for it?

3. Do I need to submit my birth certificate? or just marriage certificate is enough?

4. The application asks for copies of passport pages, visas etc. They don't mention anywhere that the copies need to be attested. Do you think its better if I get them attested anyway?

Thats a lot of questions, I know, but it would help us a lot.
Thank you guys,

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Hello , fellas ! I was not around for a while.

I am back with some good news. Ottawa told me that my medic results were sent to Buffalo .... Looks like I made one step more toward the PR.

@biochemgal09,

1. Although the FBI certificate may take time, I would not advise to sent an incomplete application. I personally never had the problem of getting my file mixed up (some documents getting lost , others on the way ....) . But, I guess in the case of Buffalo , it may grow really frustrating. I would advise you to get the complete application together and send it as "one complete application".
If there is someone who succeeded starting an incomplete application (getting it in "IN PROCESS" status) , they will give you a better advice.

2. About the Canadian police certificate , I do not think you need it. I had passed a year in Quebec before my application (and I still live there) , but the local police certificate was not required in my case. Is it the same for someone who left Quebec ? I am not sure ... Just try to check here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf
But here (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf), they say that they will tell you if they need it. My advice : try to get it . If you get it in reasonable time , send it in your application . Otherwise , wait until they ask for it.

3. Frankly, I have no idea.

4. I do not know if that helps .But , I can't help wonder why would you go through the notification process ?? Simple copies will do.

Blessing to all.

Nkusi.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Hi bio,

I hope my answers will help!

biochemgal09 said:
Q1. Police certificate: Should I go ahead and send my application, and send in the police certificate later once I receive them, since it takes alteast 8 weeks to get them from FBI
No, you should send all police certificates from countries where you lived for at least 6mths with the application.

Q2. I studied in Quebec for 4 years, now living in Boston with my spouse. Do I need to get a canadian police certificate, just in case they might ask for it?
No, you don't need to submit RCMP certificate with application but write a note saying you aren't including this because they don't recommend to do so. Most, applicants don't get asked. So, wait and send it only if they ask you.

Q3. Do I need to submit my birth certificate? or just marriage certificate is enough?
Yes, birth certificate is necessary as it serve to verify your identity and parent links. Also, submit mariage certificate if you are married because it proves the links to second applicant (dependant). However, you can submit a photocopy for each.

Q4. The application asks for copies of passport pages, visas etc. They don't mention anywhere that the copies need to be attested. Do you think its better if I get them attested anyway?
Yes, you are right only copies are necessary here too. Only translations should be originals/notarized in the documentation we provide!!

stanka

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
Hello Stanka
You may have received priority processing to obtain CSQ, but there's no such thing for the federal part. The only priority that Buffalo seems to give is 1) application sent from US 2) family application and maybe 3) application submitted from Canada outside Quebec
Hello ae03yy,

I'm pretty sure there is. It is written on the paper which I received along with my CSQ :

""Nous vous invitons a deposer sans tarder votre dossier complet de demande de visa de resident permanent aupres du Bureau canadien des visas concerne qui assurera egalement le traitement prioritaire de votre dossier.""

It also says on my CSQ in "remarque" section - "Code 130. Dossier vise par traitement prioritaire - domaine de formation"

another question I have - How long do you have to wait for AOR after you check was cashed?

Thanks for the answers!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
stanka said:
Hello ae03yy,

I'm pretty sure there is. It is written on the paper which I received along with my CSQ :

""Nous vous invitons a deposer sans tarder votre dossier complet de demande de visa de resident permanent aupres du Bureau canadien des visas concerne qui assurera egalement le traitement prioritaire de votre dossier.""

It also says on my CSQ in "remarque" section - "Code 130. Dossier vise par traitement prioritaire - domaine de formation"

another question I have - How long do you have to wait for AOR after you check was cashed?

Thanks for the answers!
i also had code 130 on mine, but maybe you'll have priority with federal when they start processing your case. Buffalo website says it takes 20weeks to reach that stage. The only think you should keep in mind is timeline keeps changin with time so it might be less when your turn comes in.

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
Thank you so much for your prompt answers. I am going to wait till I get the Police certificates (PC), since I cannot find any posts recommending sending PCs later.
Thank you once again, and I will up-date as I progress in my PR journey. :)