+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
Hi friends,

I got my CSQ in this February after successful interview at New York and for Federal part I have sent my complete application from Canada to Buffalo visa office on March 10, 2011. Till date i didn't received anything from them. How long should I need to wait for my File# and Medicals? Can I check online status with my Work Permit's Client ID no. and in which format?? Any suggestions in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Sher Singh

hanisuliman

Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/6/2011
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
13/11/2011
File Transfer...
Detroit 17/02/2012
Med's Done....
15/11/2011
Passport Req..
30/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/2012
LANDED..........
2/4/2012
speednab said:
Hi all,

Nice to see people sharing ideas in this forum. I got last month a letter to request more documents (eventhough they were filed in the initial application) before they waive the interview to get the CSQ. I want to know the timeline of the federal part if anyone can help with this.

Best wishes to all of you!
Hi, Congratulation for the CSQ in advance..

Can you plz share with us. when did you apply for CSQ and Under which program?

what is your level of french, are u student or worker..

I did apply for CSQ two months back, some people say it take 8 months and others are saying 4,3, 6 months to get CSQ..

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
speednab said:
Hi all,

Nice to see people sharing ideas in this forum. I got last month a letter to request more documents (eventhough they were filed in the initial application) before they waive the interview to get the CSQ. I want to know the timeline of the federal part if anyone can help with this.

Best wishes to all of you!
It differs by where you applied from. Applicants from Canada seem to take longer than US applicants (for federal part). Some of US applicants in this thread got their AOR+med's request within 4~6 months. In my case, it took almost 8 months just to get AOR (applied from Montreal). It's all case by case, mostly depends on how lucky you are. Depending on whose desk files are falling, you could be the lucky one.

Being patient is the hardest part on federal processing.

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks wcikkk for your answer.

I am applying from US. I can assume that the whole federal process may take 1 year?

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
speednab said:
Thanks wcikkk for your answer.

I am applying from US. I can assume that the whole federal process may take 1 year?
According to CIC, it's estimated average 14 months. Could be less or more. No one knows for sure.

If your application is perfectly done, so no additional documents are requested, I guess it would take less than a year.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
wcikkk said:
According to CIC, it's estimated average 14 months. Could be less or more. No one knows for sure.

If your application is perfectly done, so no additional documents are requested, I guess it would take less than a year.
to keep with wcikkk answer I want to add something.
80% of applications sent to buffalo are finalized in 14 months now. So to know how long Buffalo takes to start processing your file, you need to check Buffalo VO website. I believe it's 30 weeks minimum now as we all received that answer in Jan & Feb when we emailed Buffalo. Glad to have you here though!!

but yeah we all need to cross finger and dream of kicking their ass when we reach Federal process...lol

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
speednab said:
I got last month a letter to request more documents (eventhough they were filed in the initial application) before they waive the interview to get the CSQ.
@ speed
I heard that documents get lost from time to times, and that's why theey ask to submit it again... but although it didn't happened to me (yet), I can understand the fustration you have. Don't delay sending those if you haven't done it by now. Processing US applications seems faster on Federal part than those livin in Quebec because NY is the one processing CSQ... but it can always change.

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks ae03yy

I already submitted the documents the second day I got the request.

I hope the federal part will not be this long!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
hanisuliman said:
I did apply for CSQ two months back, some people say it take 8 months and others are saying 4,3, 6 months to get CSQ..
@ hanisuliman
CSQ Processing time varies but PEQ applicants get their CSQ within 1.5 month max, I think. Whereas those in Regular process gets divided into 2 categories once they start processin a file. So, if you don't met the criteria for education in the priority list they have, you might go through a 6-8 months otherwise it be half the time. Again it depends on where you applied from and whether there's enough agents available.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Hey guys,

Has anyone recently rec'd CAIPS notes? I'll send another request on Monday (Tues at most) cz I'm on sick days right now.

match

Nov 3, 2010
ae03yy said:
That is something admontreal! a big smthg, and makes me remember how happy i was to receive confirmation my money was cashed. Also thks for this brilliant idea. I am trying my best to stay in the truth and do the right thing.. but should i eventually opt for your idea I'll let you know. I still have a month from today to get PPR and upon receiving it I'll mail my new passport (hope to receive it soon too) to my old landlady. She lives in Niagara region and can go to Buffalo and come out with shiny visa right away then mail it back to me.
If your English is terrible, mine is HORRIBLE. lol

I'll keep you posted anyways dude, but, hopefully I wont need your Frenchy links.

are you sure you can go in person to the consulate in buffalo and get the visa in person on the same day, instead of mailing it?

then, it would make sense to go to buffalo, collect it, and then land in canada on the way back (for those who living in canada?)

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
yep. i read it on Buffalo website. plz check this thread with info http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/asking-a-friend-to-get-ppr-for-me-t67365.0.html;msg688243#msg688243

when we are required passport to Buffalo, we:
(1) provide valid passport
(2) give height, eyes color,
(3) show proof that we are legal in US (i-94 should do)
(4) prepare a letter for authorizing the friend who'll hand in and then pick up your PP
(5) submit alongside 2 pics. With those latest, they will attach one pic to CO-PR and return the remaining.
-The frame size must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″);
-The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4″) and 36 mm (1 7/16″).
retrieved from
sept15 said:

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Hey guys

How's things with everyone? I think of waiting for fairooz to see what his caips notes says. By the way, has anyone sent/received an email from Buffalo lately?

also, forgot to mention in my last reply that the person who's going to represent you to get visa in pp will need to show proof of ID

cheers