+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

Que100

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
fallsage said:
I agree with ae03yy. I got my CAIPS last week. There was all the information I would like to know such as my file number, requirement for my fingerprints and so on.
If you are in Canada, mail them to get CAIPS and it's free.
fallsage did the CAIPS you obtained show any specific or helpful information about the current stage of your application. If the information is not private, kindly share with us.

hadal

Dec 13, 2010
Que100,

I think you applied from Montreal on August 10th and you have received your medicals and AOR more than a month now. I also applied from Montreal on August 26th. When you wrote that you have received yours, I was supposing that I will get mine within two weeks. But, now it is almost 5 weeks since then and still nothing! I am married and I am the principal applicant.

Fallsage,

Have you received your medicals+AOR? If not, you can check your status online and tell us whether your file has been opened or not. I want to know, they start processing the application when they cash the money orders or when they send out the AOR+medicals.

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I never heard about CAIPS.

From googling, I can find it stands for 'Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System'

Is is similar to eCAS?

I heard eCAS is not much reliable source for tracking case processing.

Did all of you subscribe CAIPS?

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Wcikkk,

Actually CAIPS Notes corresponds to whatever is on your file. Whenever an agent have access to your file, you'll be able to find out why and when. More importantly the Notes comes as a code: i.e. it's abbreviation and it will show BD 01-10-2010 for instance. This date is the bring forward date revealing when your file will be access next.

If you live in Canada you are entitle to request a copy, free of charge. Otherwise, you can request it through a Canadian or PR holder living in Canada for $5
Of course, you can request CAIPS Notes through an agency and pay them to do the paperwoek on your behalf for an extra fee. However, one needs to request it and no registration is possible. You'll need to submit more request if you want subsequent info

TO : fallsaage
Did you wrote the file number that shows up on the bank draft receipt or CIC Client ID# or did you wait to get AOR before asking CAIPS?

TO : ssanndy
Truly it takes 7-8mthas to get CSQ if you live in Quebec and applied through regular process

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
I already got my medical + AOR last month. According to ecas, they started processing my file on Jan 14th.
I applied CAIPS in December. At that time, I didn't know my file number at all and couldn't access ecas with client id of work permit or study permit.

QUE100, CAIPS only shows my file number, when they asked for medical exams and when they wanted one of us to do fingerprints and some personal information such as nationality, color of eyes, height and so on. Because they dealt with my request on Feb, 10th. There is no more information than I already knew.
I plan to apply for CAIPS in 1 month. Maybe it will tell me when they receive my fingerprints and medical exams at that time.

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
Wcikkk,

Actually CAIPS Notes corresponds to whatever is on your file. Whenever an agent have access to your file, you'll be able to find out why and when. More importantly the Notes comes as a code: i.e. it's abbreviation and it will show BD 01-10-2010 for instance. This date is the bring forward date revealing when your file will be access next.

If you live in Canada you are entitle to request a copy, free of charge. Otherwise, you can request it through a Canadian or PR holder living in Canada for $5
Of course, you can request CAIPS Notes through an agency and pay them to do the paperwoek on your behalf for an extra fee. However, one needs to request it and no registration is possible. You'll need to submit more request if you want subsequent info
to get CSQ if you live in Quebec and applied through regular process
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf
Is this the form to request CAIPS?
I searched more info and get this form on internet.
I also get the fax number 1-613-957-6517. Please verify whether it's the right number.
I don't have a file number yet, so I guess I just have to leave it a blank.
Do I have to enclose any other document such as consent letter or copy of passport?
Hope us to have good news soon.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
fallsage said:
I applied CAIPS in December. At that time, I didn't know my file number at all and couldn't access ecas with client id of work permit or study permit.
What info did you put then? Did you write Client ID on the form?

wcikkk. You can fax the form along with a copy of your current status in Canada.
If you aren't in Canada then you'll need to find someone whose in Canada legally... otherwise

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
I just filled in the form and left the client id blank, but I sent the copy of my husband's study permit.
The reason why I asked for CAIPS was that I wanted to know my file number.

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys,

I just mailed CAIPS request to Ottawa.

Hope to get AOR+med before hear back from Ottawa.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Thanks fallsage for the info. I will complete my form tomorrow and submit it as well.

I just wanna know my file is created or not because I lost trust in Buffalo. If it's up in their system when I receive my pasport in about a month time from now, I'll send a copy and a request for the receipt of my fees.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
fallsage said:
I wanted to know my file number.
Can anyone who had the Bxxxxxxxxx from the bank as proof of money being cashed and who later received AOR from Buffalo, confirm they're the same?

Also, wondering fallsage:
What is the earliest date you see on your Caips notes?
I am suspecting our files are created upon cashing the fee. However, they wait to do the initial screening before they mail anything. The initial screening should set the stage for any file to start being processed in the Federal application, so maybe it's the same thing we're awaiting!! And they may have tons of work to handle before the get our files.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
no infortunately ssanndy. You can't check your file online.