+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Ok, yes you did not receive the one we have... weird...
otherwise we also have the ones you described...
RPRF means Right of Permanent Residence Fee

HopeVisa

Sep 18, 2010
I also did not receive this letter ton40 is talking about. My package was the same like yours fallsage!
I have already paid my RPRF toghether with my application fee. Our initial assesment letter is probably on its way. I beleive they will send us some information about the interview. I hope they waive it for all of us!!!
ton40, did you receive the 2 letters in the same envelope??

HopeVisa

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
ton40 said:
Ok, yes you did not receive the one we have... weird...
otherwise we also have the ones you described...
RPRF means Right of Permanent Residence Fee
OK
you probably got the next letter to tell you that they waived your interview plus you didnt pay that resident fee.
the others paid up front thats why they probaly didnt recieve the 2 letters
just my opinion...

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
No, they were in different envelopes. The medicals were dated some time in November, but since there was a mistake in our address, they got delayed and they came together this is letter, which was dated Dec-13. Guys, if this is the initial assessment what does it mean?
Ans, did you get this letter too? And did you send your RPRF?

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
match said:
have all august 2010 applicant received AOR/Medicals?
Not me. I think I'm the only one on this thread who hasn't got them yet.
I don't know what makes it take so long. Really frustrating...
Is there anyone else among august applicants who still hasn't got?

match

Nov 3, 2010
wcikk, when in August did you apply? and from where did you apply?

I applied first week of September from Montreal, and I'm already so frustrated, so I can imagine how frustrated you are.

I though most August applications were done, because I believe fallsage here applied on August 27 and already got his/her AOR/Medicals

hadal

Dec 13, 2010
I neither have recieved the AOR and medicals :mad:

I applied August 26 from Montreal. It is really crazy. I don't understand what is going on :(

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied from Montreal 11th August.
I tried to access eCAS with a client ID number (from work permit paper), but it still doesn't work.
There's a possibility of my case pushed back since I'm a single. According to CIC, family cases get priorities.

quest

Jan 25, 2011
hi...thank's for this forum in which i can raise questions regarding quebec,,just wanna ask some questions that hoping that anyone can give me answer...i am a mechanical engineering graduate and working as a supervisor in food manufacturing plantfor almost 5 years and supervising machiniries inour plant,i am contemplating to migrate there in canada because i am still single,i read in one of the newspaper that migrating in quebec even without job offer in quebec employer is possible? is this true? secondly is it true that it will take 12 months before you will be given a pr visa in quebec when you apply? is it safe to use immigration agent rather than applying myself..?
forgive me if this is basic questions since almost of the question here is have already started their application..thanks and more power..

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Hi guys !

Sorry for the silence on my side: was quite busy getting stuffs in order. Congrats to all those that heard from Buffalo already! When i emailed them they said waiting time to receive AOR is minimum 30weeks..

match

Nov 3, 2010
MINIMUM 30 weeks? WOW that is along time.

hang in there hadal and wcikk, and please let us know when you do get your AOR/Medicals. at least then we will know that things have begun to move.

wcikk, i've tried many times with the client id on my work permit and that doesn't work either. i hope i get this PR asap! my whole life is on pause till i do!

quest, no you dont need a job offer to apply, but having arranged employment, i believe increases your points (im not sure). It will take longer than 12 months for the whole CSQ/PR process if you are applying from within the US or Canada. if you are elsewhere, you should look at CIC's website for wait times. in my opinion, there is no need to use an agent, but feel free if you find someone reliable and you can afford it. the safety of agents is pretty specific to the agent. i highly recommend that you read through immigration quebec and CIC's websites, as that will answer most of your questions.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
match said:
MINIMUM 30 weeks? WOW that is along time.
Hey Match and Hadal,

We seem we have similar timeline: I sent my application on Aug 27, but it was rec'd in early Sept, and money was cashed Nov. 4 as well. Besides, I applied from La Belle Province. I too jumped off my chair when i read that reply :eek:
Let cross fingers and hope for the best

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I sent an email to Buffalo regarding AOR, they replied it will be sent within 30 weeks. So I assumed maximum would be 30 weeks.
If 30-week is a minimum, that's really frustrating.
Regarding eCAS issue, here's what I got back from Buffalo.
----------------------------------------------------------------
e-Cas is for applications processing within Canada only.

Immigration cases being processed in Visa offices outside Canada use a system different from that used to process similar applications in Canada. As a result, the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) does not reflect the status of cases being processed in Buffalo.
Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Buffalo.
----------------------------------------------------------------