Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Yes! I finally receive a mail from Buffalo.
On the letter they say there is as follow:
"The next step: Your file has been placed in a queue awaiting assessment. All applications are processed according to the date on which they are received. Once your file has been assessed,you will receive additional information and instructions."
"Medical examinations: Medical instructions may be enclosed with this lettter. If no instructions are enclosed, the will be sent to you after your file has been assessed."

What i understand from this letter is that they may send us a letter once they conducted the inital assessment. This is the normal procedure, but if a mirACLE happens they will send the file number+medical form as they just did for my application without any assessment done yet.
When i tried checking Ecas earllier nothing came up with Client ID and File No. from Bank Draft receipt. Because my application is still waiting in line for the assessment. Once it's done, it will appear on Ecas.

So please donot worry if others get file number before you andd you applied before them. Only rejoice for them, and put your file in God hands. I believe that when we allow God to do justice, he first transform us and then put our heart at rest by taking over whatever situation we have.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
@mathc
Hang in there; yours must be in the mail. Mine was mailed on March 3.
They rec'd my full application on Sept 07.

Do not alllow doubt and frustration possess your mind, friend BECAUSE there is no reason they won't send you one.

:)

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
Yes! I finally receive a mail from Buffalo.
On the letter they say there is as follow:
"The next step: Your file has been placed in a queue awaiting assessment. All applications are processed according to the date on which they are received. Once your file has been assessed,you will receive additional information and instructions."
"Medical examinations: Medical instructions may be enclosed with this lettter. If no instructions are enclosed, the will be sent to you after your file has been assessed."

What i understand from this letter is that they may send us a letter once they conducted the inital assessment. This is the normal procedure, but if a mirACLE happens they will send the file number+medical form as they just did for my application without any assessment done yet.
When i tried checking Ecas earllier nothing came up with Client ID and File No. from Bank Draft receipt. Because my application is still waiting in line for the assessment. Once it's done, it will appear on Ecas.

So please donot worry if others get file number before you andd you applied before them. Only rejoice for them, and put your file in God hands. I believe that when we allow God to do justice, he first transform us and then put our heart at rest by taking over whatever situation we have.
You meant a mail, not an email?

So they sent you a letter before sending you AOR+med. Is that right?

I still can't access to eCAS with my client ID number.

If I can't access to eCAS, does it possibly mean they haven't opened my file yet?

It's wierd because it's been already 7 months since I sent an application.

Are you a single applicant?

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
They sent AOR, mEDICAL form, stickers to attach with any corresspondance with them and a letter dated Feb 25, 2011. However, I'm unable to see anything on Ecas...
I applieed as singlle applicant from Gatineau (Hull) and received a mail barring a stamp for 03.03.11

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
They sent AOR, mEDICAL form, stickers to attach with any corresspondance with them and a letter dated Feb 25, 2011. However, I'm unable to see anything on Ecas...
I applieed as singlle applicant from Gatineau (Hull) and received a mail barring a stamp for 03.03.11
WOW, Congratulations!!

You finally got yours. I'm also a single applicant from Montreal.

I hope I get mine pretty soon. I don't understand why my case has been pushed back.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
wcikkk said:
If I can't access to eCAS, does it possibly mean they haven't opened my file yet?
i believe FILEs are created upon encashing payment. That's why it's good idea to get proof of such transaction from the bank, so as to have the AOR. hOWEVER, that AOR gets active online whenever they finished the initial assessment.
So, your file is already created, just missing activation like mine.

Now because I already did medical exam, my case should fly from one office to another. They should ask for PPT soon in my case, and I should get PPT with visa within the next 2 months (Before Grad WP expires)... well let see!!

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
i believe FILEs are created upon encashing payment. That's why it's good idea to get proof of such transaction from the bank, so as to have the AOR. hOWEVER, that AOR gets active online whenever they finished the initial assessment.
So, your file is already created, just missing activation like mine.

Now because I already did medical exam, my case should fly from one office to another. They should ask for PPT soon in my case, and I should get PPT with visa within the next 2 months (Before Grad WP expires)... well let see!!
Congrats ae03yy!! Great to know that things are moving!

By the way now that you have your file number, are you going to ask them if they already received your medicals? You mentioned that they sent you medical forms again so I'm wondering about the previous ones

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Definitely , I am loving this forum ;D :D :D...

@BigKev,
thanks a bunch fella ! You gave me access to my file. The trick with the "client ID" of my study permit works .
My Status: In Processing
The processing has started on March 4, 2011. May I suppose that the AOR letter is on the way ?
Does this mean they have cashed my cheque ?

For anyone else (with a valid study permit) who want to try, here are instructions :

From the ECAS page, you are provided with the authentication form , demanding :
A. The identification type (scroll to the "Client ID Number" option)
B. Identification Number ( enter the 8-digit client ID of your study permit without the "-".)
C. your name , date of birth and Country of origin (just as they appear on your permit)

Nkusi.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
ae03yy, my BF date is 16-07-2011. It's quite late :-\ :-\ :-\
On my Caips, it says:
IMM 1017S REQUESTED: 12-01-2011
That's the only thing about medical exam on my capiscaips.

Oh....right~~~Congratulations ;D!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
match if you have Bxxxxxxxxx from the Bank, try it on Ecas but select 'Immigration File Number' instead of 'Client ID Number' and tell me what you get, plz?!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
fallsage said:
ae03yy, my BF date is 16-07-2011
Oh my?! xyz%&?!

Thks guys for the wishes and help. As nkusi mentionned I also enjoy this forum now more than ever. We all are at the same or about same experience and that's so neat !!

Anyhow, about my medical exam I'll call Ottawa, but also emailed Buffalo just few minutes ago to make sure everything is in order... if like me you want to link medical exam to your AOR or ensure the link is properly done call Ottawa Medical exam: 613-941-2170

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
Oh my?! xyz%&?!

Thks guys for the wishes and help. As nkusi mentionned I also enjoy this forum now more than ever. We all are at the same or about same experience and that's so neat !!

Anyhow, about my medical exam I'll call Ottawa, but also emailed Buffalo just few minutes ago to make sure everything is in order... if like me you want to link medical exam to your AOR or ensure the link is properly done call Ottawa Medical exam: 613-941-2170
Thanks a TON for the Ottawa number, as always ae03yy you've been of great help!

match

Nov 3, 2010
ae03yy,

thanks for the encouraging words. If i am not mistaken, you got the letter in the mail, but your e-cas still does not work with your client id? is that correct. please let me know. when did you send your application and when was your draft encashed? nothing on e-cas works for me with my client id (from my work permit) although i sent my application in Sept 2010!!

i dont have a Bxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx number, i will go to the bank and ask them for a copy of the transaction.

match

Nov 3, 2010
maybe it might be because my work permit doesnt expire for a while, and they are giving priority to applicants whose work/study permit is about to expire. but, you know i have other plans that depend on my PR status (ie: applying for govt job...etc)..

is there anyone who has an active e-cas, who sent their applications after september, and has a work/study permit that will only expire in 2012 or 2013?

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@match,

my study permit will expire in 2012 . My e-cas is active (shows "in process").
I sent my application late October 2010.

Nkusi.