+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to all those who've received good news! Your progress gives the rest of us hope that this thing is actually moving!

I haven't heard back yet either but then again I can't really complain yet as buffalo received my application on 30th September and cashed my bank draft on december 2nd.

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Thanks , fallsage.
Got it , and filing it within the week. I need to know if they even cashed my cheque.

@ae03yy,
I love your motto: "Ayez foi en Dieu" ! You are always positive and I am getting contaminated ... With you guys, waiting is getting a bit lighter and lighter.

Nkusi.

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
hey guys,
We got so many good news lately. Just thought of updating with who received AOR, PR request... Also if you haven't heard back from Buffalo yet like me please say so... I, myself am awaiting AOR and my WP expires end of May. But, I strongly believe in the miracle Maker and thus won't renew it. If your WP expires stay calm and follow what your heart tells you: but please stay calm, you'll have it dude!
I also haven't got anything from Buffalo yet. Applied in 10th August from Montreal as a single applicant.

ae03yy, sorry to hear that your WP expires soon. But I believe everything will work out for both of us.

I have a strong feeling that we might have something in this week.

hadal

Dec 13, 2010
Hi guys,

Me and my wife did medical exams, today. It took us 2.5 hours. We did Urine test, Blood sample, Eye test, Chest X-ray and finally met a doctor asking us some general questions. He said every thing is OK.

He mentioned that we would be PR in two months! I asked him if he is sure and he again said yes, maximum two months. Anyway, we did what we could. Let's see what will come up next :)

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Two months! I hope he is right. :p
I sent an email to buffalo last week for checking if our medical exams have been received. They sent me back a standard template without giving me the answer.
It's weird. My friend said they usually would tell you this kind of information before.

bigkev82

Sep 13, 2010
Things look like they are moving in buffalo for Quebec workers. I was able to access ecas for the first time today, hopefully AOR and meds will be on the way soon. It shows in process with the message 'We started processing your application on March 1, 2011'. My appliaction was sent Nov 9 2010 with the money order cashed January 11 2011.

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bigkev82 said:
Things look like they are moving in buffalo for Quebec workers. I was able to access ecas for the first time today, hopefully AOR and meds will be on the way soon. It shows in process with the message 'We started processing your application on March 1, 2011'. My appliaction was sent Nov 9 2010 with the money order cashed January 11 2011.
Hi bigkev82, are you applying from within Canada or from outside?

Eng_Mtl

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2017
Nomination.....
SA Email March 19, 2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
bigkev82 said:

Hello Bigkev82,

I am also trying to access my ecas, but shows nothing. I applied in Nov 2, 2010 to Buffalo as quebec skilled class.

1- Can we use our client id from study permit ?
2- My cheque was chased on Jan 1, 2011 but still see no update on ecas ?

Thanks

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Eng_Mtl, you can use your client id on your study permit, just don't forget to put "-" in the middle. You have to type XXXX-XXXX.
And on ecase, they don't tell you when they charge you.

bigkev82

Sep 13, 2010
Fairooz: I'm applying from within Canada, i got my CSQ under the PEQ program, i'm currently working and living on the south shore of Montreal, have been here for around 3 years now.

EngMtl : 1. I assume that the client id from the study permit would work. I am in canada on a 2 year working holiday permit, i used the 8 digit client number off that, i was a bit surprised that it actually worked. I had been trying once a week every tuesday since a couple of weeks not expecting it to be linked with my PR request.

2. I have no idea how buffalo works, i assume that they must have some kind of prioritising on a case by case basis. Even though i can see my ecas online is in process, i'm still playing the same waiting game as you.

Kev

bigkev82

Sep 13, 2010
fallsage said:
Eng_Mtl, you can use your client id on your study permit, just don't forget to put "-" in the middle. You have to type XXXX-XXXX.
And on ecase, they don't tell you when they charge you.
`

I'm not sure if this is 100% necessary, i just entered the 8 numbers (without the '-') and it worked. I just went and checked now and both with and without the famous '-' work for me. Just another unsolved mystery in the PR process!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
fallsage
what' the BF Date on your CAIPS notes? if you don,t mind sharing! Also, do they say if you did med'l exam.
If we have to wait 2 mths from Medical exam, then I'll be short in days by the end of the month if they don't begin processing my file soon.
Oh brother?! Yeah ... ayons foi en Dieu.

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh wow! thanks bigkev82 for the info you gave! I just accessed ecas for the first time and it shows that they started processing my file on march 4.

Thank God things seem to be moving finally! :)

match

Nov 3, 2010
Weird. I sent my application early September, and my cheque was encashed early November. I'm also working in and applying from Montreal, and my ecas still doesn't work! sigh...