+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****FEBUARY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Port Alice, British Columbia
Category........
FAM
This process is subject to that a lot. I understand the grace period was March 15 but I'm trying to find somewhere it officially states this. I am admin on FB group and applicants there are gettings apps returned as well for this.
Is the FB group open to new members? Our application to sponsor me was finally stamped received Feb 8, 2018 after being returned twice in 4 months! I’m a nervous wreck and sure could use a support group of others easier to navigate! Cheryl E Love

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
It's day 53 and no response received from Feb 16 receipt of application. We are living in the USA and I tried calling the CIC but the number can only be called from Canada. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could contact them short of driving across the border to make the call? We are worrying a lot..
Use an app like text now and request Canadian number when prompted! That’s how I got thru to them from US

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Congrats. Whats your PA's processing office?

From the fast timeline it seems, its being processed at Mississauga completelt
Mine is being processed there too.... I’m hoping it being processed there is a good thing!! Im a US citizen mid 60 married to Canadian also mid 60’s and straightforward app. FBI bcc sent it with original application and have passed medical and sent in Schedule A last month. Cross fingers!!

Semavike

May 9, 2018
Ankara is my VO too, I have not idea how fast it is. They started processing my file may 2 and I haven't heard anything yet. When was your file transferred?
April 30. As someone mentioned we need to wait & that is the only thing we should be doing - I gotta go to get a pizza & enjoy it.

mm1234

May 15, 2018
Already been waiting for BGC for 85 days (since application received date) but no news for now -- been so sad, any idea?

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Already been waiting for BGC for 85 days (since application received date) but no news for now -- been so sad, any idea?
Not all visa offices put BGC in process right away. Some only do it very close to the end.

Depending on your visa office it may be quite normal.

Reactions: mm1234

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
Seems like you and I have the same timeline. What’s the date on which your application was received? Mine is 26th February

saranya21

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I would like to get some input from you all.
My application for family sponsorship was submitted in Feb. I had submitted the updated package. ( Schedule A and PCC in the first stage itself) .
The following are the dates and status
1. Application received on 19 Feb
2. AOR1 - 4 April
3. Medical examination request - 5 April
4. Request for updating Schedule A as there was some missing information - 6 April
5. Schedule A submitted - 12 April
6. Sponsorship approved - 16 April
7. File transferred to NDVO - 8 May
8. Processing started at NDVO - 16 may

Could you please tell me what happens next and how long will it take?

Gilymar

Apr 10, 2018
Hello Everyone,

My application for family sponsorship was submitted in Feb. I had submitted the updated package. ( Schedule A and PCC in the first stage itself) .
2. AOR1 - 4 April
4. Request for updating Schedule A as there was some missing information - 6 April

1) roughly in 45 days (for a typical application) BGC and
2) in 110 days from now you get passport request.

Note: you should not relay on the information I provided as the actual dates could be very different.

Beefstick

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hello Everyone,

2. AOR1 - 4 April

Hi Saranya, how did you find out that NDVO has started processing on 16th May? My file got transferred on 27th April, and we have not received any email from NDVO nor has ECAS/GCKey changed any status.

ECAS last line is "Medical results have been received" and nothing after that (note that GCKey says that the medical test has been passed.).
GCKey simply says that "Background check is being processed. We will inform you blah blah documents required."

Should I be worried?

Thanks,
Beef