+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****FEBUARY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
PA (VO) updated on may 2 that they started processing my file. Medical was done may 4, police submitted upfront but I don not have any update on any of them is it normal?

Last edited:

Gilymar

Apr 10, 2018
What is your Visa Office?

Some visa offices put BGC in process right away and then it takes a while before DM and PPR come, whereas others show BGC in process closer to the very end.

I don't think you have anything to be worried about.
My application was submitted in January and the application stayed in Mississauga. I don't have BGC-IP yet. I'm expecting it to come close to the end of the process.
yes Mississauga - heard it is moving faster - albeit sometimes. your explanation makes sense - so I am gonna relax & wait. thanks

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
yes Mississauga - heard it is moving faster - albeit sometimes. your explanation makes sense - so I am gonna relax & wait. thanks
I think Mississauga is inconsistent with updating the background check status. There seem to be some on here whose applications are being processed in Mississauga who see BGC-IP early on and then there's a wait, whereas others have BGC, DM, and PPR within a few days of each other later on in the process. The spreadsheets also seem to confirm this. I hope for both of us that it's the latter, and once we see BGC-IP we will be close to the conclusion of the process.

AusJembecomesCA

Apr 30, 2018
Aus
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SYD, AUS
App. Filed.......
29/01/2018
Doc's Request.
17/03/2018
AOR Received.
16/03/2018
Med's Request
19/03/2018
Med's Done....
06/04/2018
Passport Req..
06/06/2018
it may take up to 3 to 4 weeks before you see the next update.. you may get email regarding your file before you see any update on your file.. thanks
I passed my medical on April 11 and submitted my pcc and sched A prior to that. No communication since?
Ecas changed to 'in Process' two weeks ago but we haven't received any transfer email or email stating they have started processing the application.
Waiting waiting...

candymrobles

Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hi, good morning!

For Filipino applicants here, I received an email from IOM clinic about the pre-arrival program. Do we need to attend the program? Also, do we need to attend the PDOS at Comission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO)? Thank you!

Semavike

May 9, 2018
hello,

1- Do you guys know if Ankara is a busy visa office?
2- Does Ankara VO usually take a long time to process applications?
3- Once it is reached the Ankara VO, how long does it take, on average, for an application to reach its passport request status?

thanks

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
hello,

3- Once it is reached the Ankara VO, how long does it take, on average, for an application to reach its passport request status?

thanks
Ankara is my VO too, I have not idea how fast it is. They started processing my file may 2 and I haven't heard anything yet. When was your file transferred?

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
what is your timeline dude?
App received Feb 13
AOR March 27
Schedule A request March 27
Medical request April 18
SA April 25
Letter for file transfer April 27
Ecas for PA change in process may 2
Medical done my 3, police clearance submitted upfront.

Last edited:

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
hello,

thanks
There's a report in the January thread of someone getting their CoPR already from the Ankara office. Their application was received in Mississauga on 8 January. Just one case, but seems to indicate they're quite fast:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/jan-2018-outland-spousal-sponsorship-outside-of-canada.535902/page-137#post-6941649

Reactions: Debdeb

mm1234

May 15, 2018
The following info are merely some guesstimates & they could be very different from the actual dates.

Ankara’s average processing time for a typical application (Ballpark estimates):

1) The average time for BGC is 123 days from the day the application is received by Mississauga. Presumably, some VOs start BGC without reflecting that info on ECAS or CGKey accounts, whereas other offices may indicate the start of BGC on those accounts.
2) On average, the Passport Request happens in about 147 days from the date Mississauga receives your application.

Conclusion: For a typical Ankara applicant, the number of days from ‘received application’ to 'receiving passport w/ PR visa' is 162 days.

Last edited: