+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2024 Visitor/Tourist Visa

Jeevan Kumar

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Applied for my mother.
Application submission -2nd March from India
Biometrics - 7th March completed
Eligibility - completed ( Not sure when it was completed but I see last update on 14th March in the Tracker )
BG - In progress
Waiting for PPR..
Does anyone else have the same timeline? Based on the given timelines, should I expect any updates in the upcoming week?

joaogabrielp3

Mar 14, 2024
Mississauga
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-06-2023
AOR Received.
17-06-2023
File Transfer...
20-09-2023
Med's Request
03-08-2023
Med's Done....
06-09-2023
Hey everyone,

Could you share when they completed your eligibility review after updated to "in progress"?

Here's my timeline:

Portal: New IRCC Portal
Application type: Visitor visa

Application Date: February 26, 2024 (From Brazil)
Biometrics Requested: February 27, 2024
Background check updated to "In progress": February 27, 2024
Biometrics Completed: March 01, 2024
Eligibility updated to "In progress": March 21, 2024

If anyone has received a decision lately and knows their eligibility dates, your info would be helpful for me.

Thanks!

Shen07

Mar 14, 2024
I received an email from the IRCC about my visitor visa’s update and I received a Procedural Fairness letter for misrepresented information about being refused for my visitor visa application last January. I didn’t tell them that I was refused.
I needed help on what documents should I pass in order for me to cover up my misrepresented information

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Application submitted - 11 March
bio request - 12th March
bio completed - 18th March
BG - In progress
Eligibility - Today (23 March) I noticed it changed to Eligibility in progress

Any idea how many days it will take for approval? Also does this mean BG is completed?

On tracker portal, eligibility is still showing as not started but BG is showing as started

Kaurkiran785

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Hi @shimnui1 ! Looks like our situation is similar. Did you application include a military person? I applied for my FIL`s (retired from army) visitor visa in Sep 2023, no updates yet (except the biometrics). What about yours? Do they usually request more docs - military service records etc? Been a long wait!
Hey,

Any update?

ssp4194

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Same here. It changed to Eligibility. Did you receive any update after that?

Application submitted - 11 March
bio request - 12th March
bio completed - 18th March
BG - In progress
Eligibility - Today (23 March) I noticed it changed to Eligibility in progress

Any idea how many days it will take for approval? Also does this mean BG is completed?

On tracker portal, eligibility is still showing as not started but BG is showing as started

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Same here. It changed to Eligibility. Did you receive any update after that?
On tracker portal, it showed today as eligibility completed. but background still shows in progress. Not sure what this means?

On the IRCC portal, there is no change. Eligibility and bankground in process is what i see

ssp4194

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
I have applied visitor visa for my sister (india). I am a permanent resident in Canada.

Application submitted - 05 March, 2024
Bio updated - 06 March (From previous visitor visa application back in 2019 which was refused)
Backgound completed: 06 March
Eligibility completed: 25 March
Final Decision: Refused

Reason:

I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) . I am refusing your application.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

So, any suggestion what should i do next time when i apply again?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied visitor visa for my sister (india). I am a permanent resident in Canada.

Application submitted - 05 March, 2024
Bio updated - 06 March (From previous visitor visa application back in 2019 which was refused)
Backgound completed: 06 March
Eligibility completed: 25 March
Final Decision: Refused

Reason:

I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) . I am refusing your application.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

So, any suggestion what should i do next time when i apply again?
Order GCMS notes. How long was visit? How much money did she show in cash? What were ties to return?

Eswaran

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Yes its takes about 10-15 working days

Can you share your timelines ?
Thanks

For my parents- applied from India: 14 Feb 2024
Biometric done : 23 fob
Biometric completed: 23 Feb for dad but in progress for mom
Background: in progress
Eligibility - completed(28 Feb
Yes its takes about 10-15 working days

Can you share your timelines ?
thanks
For my parents- applied from India: 14 Feb 2024
Biometric done : 23 fob
Biometric completed: 23 Feb for dad but in progress for mom
Background: in progress
Eligibility - completed(28 Feb
March 7 : ppt request

ssp4194

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Order GCMS notes. How long was visit? How much money did she show in cash? What were ties to return?
How long was visit?
The stay shown was for 1 month.

How much money did she show in cash?
The money shown was $24000 total ($10000 in her account & $14000 in my account).

What were ties to return?
She stays with my parents and grandmother in home country.