+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

pomgrapes

Dec 10, 2023
Hi. I am the sponsor originally from Yemen so is my spouse. Our application is outland in the London VO in the UK. We have been married in Yemen since July 2018 we have a 4 year old son and my wife is pregnant in her 8th month now. After we applied we visited each other two times in Amman, Jordan. She and my son flew in from Sana'a Yemen and me from Canada we stayed together for about 5 months in the two trips. First trip was a visit second trip was a visit and to complete my wife's Biometrics in Jordan because Yemen doesn't have a collection site. My timeline is:
Feb 10, 2023 Application sent online.
March 29, 2023 AOR Received to Sponsors email.
July 20, 2023 Biometrics Collection Letter.
August 8, 2023 Biometrics completed..
August 21, 2023 Medical requested.
Sep 18 Medical completed.
Dec 5, 2023 We got a procedural fairness letter saying our marriage was a proxy marriage because we had a traditional Yemeni Marriage were each ceremony was celebrated separately told us they are willing to consider our application as Common-Law. we replied with we don't have a problem proving our marriage or a common-law and gave them proof.
Replied to Procedural Fairness Letter on Dec 18, 2023. Since then complete silence tried even getting the MP involved because it has been past a year and my country is currently being bombed with missiles dropping near our house and to my surprise they said they can't do anything. My son already got his Canadian Citizenship sent in a passport application for him to get his passport and he is in Yemen with my wife. Did everything in my power and my wife is pregnant in her 8th month she is really suffering but I didn't get any help from anyone. What can I do???!! It's crazy we feel like we are being discriminated because be it our religion our color where we are from something is not normal????!!! Or am I wrong.

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
Hi. I am the sponsor originally from Yemen so is my spouse. Our application is outland in the London VO in the UK. We have been married in Yemen since July 2018 we have a 4 year old son and my wife is pregnant in her 8th month now. After we applied we visited each other two times in Amman, Jordan. She and my son flew in from Sana'a Yemen and me from Canada we stayed together for about 5 months in the two trips. First trip was a visit second trip was a visit and to complete my wife's Biometrics in Jordan because Yemen doesn't have a collection site. My timeline is:
Feb 10, 2023 Application sent online.
March 29, 2023 AOR Received to Sponsors email.
July 20, 2023 Biometrics Collection Letter.
August 8, 2023 Biometrics completed..
August 21, 2023 Medical requested.
Sep 18 Medical completed.
Dec 5, 2023 We got a procedural fairness letter saying our marriage was a proxy marriage because we had a traditional Yemeni Marriage were each ceremony was celebrated separately told us they are willing to consider our application as Common-Law. we replied with we don't have a problem proving our marriage or a common-law and gave them proof.
Replied to Procedural Fairness Letter on Dec 18, 2023. Since then complete silence tried even getting the MP involved because it has been past a year and my country is currently being bombed with missiles dropping near our house and to my surprise they said they can't do anything. My son already got his Canadian Citizenship sent in a passport application for him to get his passport and he is in Yemen with my wife. Did everything in my power and my wife is pregnant in her 8th month she is really suffering but I didn't get any help from anyone. What can I do???!! It's crazy we feel like we are being discriminated because be it our religion our color where we are from something is not normal????!!! Or am I wrong.
I recommend to find an immigration lawyer. There was a guy here contacted Matkowsky team. Was it actually a proxy marriage in the first place?

pomgrapes

Dec 10, 2023
I recommend to find an immigration lawyer. There was a guy here contacted Matkowsky team. Was it actually a proxy marriage in the first place?
wasn't a proxy marriage I have been living in Yemen since I was 14 years old only moved out after i turned 28 years old since then i have been married for almost 6 years now

Oully

Mar 1, 2018
Hey, just wandering if you got any ghost updates on PR tracker. My application was moved to New York too in Dec 2023. I have been getting ghost updates on the PR tracker almost every week from Jan 2024.
Eligibility and background is still in process
I have not received any ghost updates. I sent an email asking the progress of my application and they updated that they reived it. thats all. Background check still in process

Reactions: ahmedha

ahmedha

Mar 4, 2024
Can someone please take a look at my timeline. Anything unusual? I would really appreciate it :) !!

All fees/docs were provided on time & ONLINE. My husband is in Pakistan and I am a Canadian Citizen in SK.

Timeline is as follows:

- Application Received Feb 2023
- Biometrics request May 2023 (provided within 2 weeks)
- Sponsor eligible to sponsor May 2023, at this time I was also (idk why) refunded $400?
- Medical request in Aug - passed/received Sep 1st, 2023.
- One week later, additional documents were requested clarifying q's, I responded by mid-Sep 2023. Questions were:

1. We got married 01/2020 but didn't apply until 02/2023. We said COVID and didn't think it was appropriate to travel/everything was unaccessible during this time esp. in PAK. It was also not the best time because we were both finishing up University. (All valid reasons IMO)
2. Proof of contact since the application was submitted in 02/2023 (same requirement of: messages/expenses, etc.)

They sent me a third letter during this time saying I had to repay $400 (what they refunded me in May. Not sure why this was done in the first place, anyways I paid right away & sent receipt)

NO UPDATES SINCE. Everything is updated on our application page except Review of eligibility (We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements) and Final decision (We'll send you a message once decision is made).

Jan/Feb 2024: I requested GCMS notes. Last update in the notes was 09/18/2023 stating "additional documents received". All other notes were from prior to Sep 2023: Nothing out of the ordinary, wrote that we appeared well in contact and comfortable in pictures but would request more proof of contact since submission of application, stated we didn't spend much time together after marriage and would request an explanation for lack of visit/delay in application. Also commented on the fact I was refunded money and would need to pay that before decision is made (all of which they contacted me about and I provided).

SKGUG

Nov 29, 2023
Have you got any updates? Nothing from this side
No updates. We contacted MP but they didn't say anything we didn't know. The webforms are not very helpful, GCMS notes don't show anything out of the ordinary. So, basically our file is just sitting. Still waiting for Background verification to be completed. 9 months later.

pomgrapes

Dec 10, 2023
Hi everyone. Feb 09, 2023 Family Sponsorship in the London Visa office today the applicant got a phone call from IRCC asking questions about our marriage is that a good sign. It's been more than a year.

Reactions: Home_13579

Samtasharm

Dec 31, 2022
A long-awaited update to share for anyone else still waiting!

Mississauga VO Outland (PA from USA)

Submitted: February 14th, 2023
AOR: March 31st, 2023
Biometrics Request: May 19th, 2023
SA: May 23rd, 2023
Medical Request: May 24th, 2023
Medical Completed: May 27th, 2023
Biometrics Completed: June 2, 2023
BG In Progress: June 2, 2023 (GC Key)
Pre-Arrival Services: July 15th, 2023 (GC Key)
Eligibility Complete: July 17th, 2023 (From not started in PR Tracker)
Info Letter transferring to NY VO: October 11th, 2023
Updated FBI Certificate Request: December 6th, 2023
Background Updated to Complete: March 27th, 2024 (PR tracker)
PPR: April 3rd, 2024 (Final decision showing April 3rd - we are currently processing)

SKGUG

Nov 29, 2023
A long-awaited update to share for anyone else still waiting!

Mississauga VO Outland (PA from USA)

Submitted: February 14th, 2023
AOR: March 31st, 2023
Biometrics Request: May 19th, 2023
SA: May 23rd, 2023
Medical Request: May 24th, 2023
Medical Completed: May 27th, 2023
Biometrics Completed: June 2, 2023
BG In Progress: June 2, 2023 (GC Key)
Pre-Arrival Services: July 15th, 2023 (GC Key)
Eligibility Complete: July 17th, 2023 (From not started in PR Tracker)
Info Letter transferring to NY VO: October 11th, 2023
Updated FBI Certificate Request: December 6th, 2023
Background Updated to Complete: March 27th, 2024 (PR tracker)
PPR: April 3rd, 2024 (Final decision showing April 3rd - we are currently processing)
Congrats! Did you request your file to be transfered to NY or IRCC did it without your request?

Samtasharm

Dec 31, 2022
Congrats! Did you request your file to be transfered to NY or IRCC did it without your request?
Thank you! My husband is a US citizen so it was internally transferred to them for the background check/ security clearance as far as we know. IRCC did it on their own.

Reactions: SKGUG

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Thank you! My husband is a US citizen so it was internally transferred to them for the background check/ security clearance as far as we know. IRCC did it on their own.
Same here, our file was in Mississauga then got transferred to Manila themselves nearing the end of the process. It's now all done with passports and COPR received back today.