+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Natasha83

Aug 14, 2023
So I just submitted my passport yesterday via two way courier and got notified that my package is on the way to the OC from my VAC. The message on my email was as follows:
Your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXXXXXXXX is in transit and has been dispatched to the IRCC Office through the Canada Visa Application Centre, XXXX, on Thu Dec 21 2023 for processing.

I was wondering if there is any chance of PR rejection after the passport request? Has it happened to anyone on here, Can they just look through my passport and decide to not stamp my passport at the last moment for any reason? As you can tell my anxiety is acting up again and I will be overthinking everything till I get the stamped PP in my hand. I can't stop thinking back to my passport envelope and trying to remember if I missed anything!! Its maddening!

Last edited:

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
So I just submitted my passport yesterday via two way courier and got notified that my package is on the way to the OC from my VAC. The message on my email was as follows:
Your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXXXXXXXX is in transit and has been dispatched to the IRCC Office through the Canada Visa Application Centre, XXXX, on Thu Dec 21 2023 for processing.

I was wondering if there is any chance of PR rejection after the passport request? Has it happened to anyone on here, Can they just look through my passport and decide to not stamp my passport at the last moment for any reason? As you can tell my anxiety is acting up again and I will be overthinking everything till I get the stamped PP in my hand. I can't stop thinking back to my passport envelope and trying to remember if I
They requested passport to stamp visa on it, take it easy!

Reactions: Natasha83

Natasha83

Aug 14, 2023
Just wanted to update you guys. After a lot of anxiety and sleepless nights since submitting my passport - in fact since applying in February- I finally received my passport and COPR document in the mail. Thank you for all the support and the updates. Hopefully those who are still waiting should get some good news soon. Here is my timeline for those who are interested:

Application date: Feb 22, 2023
Request for more docs: March 25, 2023
Docs sent: March 30th, 2023
AOR: June 3rd, 2023
Biometrics request: June 3rd, 2023
Sponsor eligibility passed and file transferred to our Delhi VO: June 5th, 2023
Medical request: June 6th, 2023
Biometrics completed: June 8th, 2023
Medical completed: June 13th, 2023
E-Medical sent: June 16th, 2023
Request for more relationship proof: August 9th, 2023
Relationship proof sent by Lawyer: August 10th, 2023
Acknowledgement of proof docs received: August 10th, 2023
Pre-arrival Services Letter: December 6th, 2023
PPR: December 18th, 2023

COPR issued: January 9th, 2024
Received Stamped passport and COPR (Via 2 way courier): January 13th, 2024

Reactions: Cloud5 and SKGUG

Natasha83

Aug 14, 2023
Ok, I was looking through my COPR document and it looks as if the client copy of the COPR has not been signed by the immigration officer. Is that normal? Does the document get signed at landing by the CBSA officer or did someone just forget to sign the document? I heard that the signed document is necessary to get the SIN. So just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything important.

Oully

Mar 1, 2018
Feb 15: application submitted
Mar 23-AOR
April 12: Biometrics
Apr 17: Eligibility completed
Apr 19: Medicals email
Apr 23: Medicals completed
July 15: Pre-arrival services email received
Oct 11: File transferred to New York, USA

4 months later, NO UPDATE

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Mar 23-AOR

Wow sorry to hear,

Cloud5

Jan 11, 2024
Mar 23-AOR

You can order gcms notes if you want...

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
We have the same timeline submitted Feb 15, 2023. July 28 Medical passed. Total silence since then, it's 7 months.
2days later it will be 12months. Then you don't need to wait a day further. Then you can write to your mp.....scratch that, make appointment and go and talk to your mp. Show them some screenshots from this forum, some time lines of 10-15 applicants from may,June,July, Aug, sep 2023 applicants who already got their ppr. Ask the mp to question cic officers or their boss, Marc Miller, is there any process at all within CIC?
You just want to know what is lacking in your application?
Or you did a crime by applying in February 2023 and later applicants are good kids.

The standard come back is, No two applications are identical so we cannot compare.
Ok, so why do you have 12months timeline. If my application is from venus and later months are from pluto, how come you are giving aggregate timeline of 12months. Its misleading.

Have you applied for gcms notes? Has your eligibility /background started? And if not .....then the key question is WHY HAS IT NOT STARTED??
is there some external factor, like foreign security partners just woke up one day and said , NO, WE ARE NOT GOING TO WORK ON SKUG APPLICATION, but we will clear all later applications cuz they were applied in Spring time and we feel like working on it.

I'm not joking. We will have to do this. When several MPs will be grilled in this way, they will start directing same questions to CIC, it will start making an impact.

(if u read any post below discouraging you from doing the above, know that its the same Billy Joes who are working in cic, but busy in eating donuts dipped in maple syrup and don't want to work on your file).

SKGUG

Nov 29, 2023
2days later it will be 12months. Then you don't need to wait a day further. Then you can write to your mp.....scratch that, make appointment and go and talk to your mp. Show them some screenshots from this forum, some time lines of 10-15 applicants from may,June,July, Aug, sep 2023 applicants who already got their ppr. Ask the mp to question cic officers or their boss, Marc Miller, is there any process at all within CIC?
You just want to know what is lacking in your application?
Or you did a crime by applying in February 2023 and later applicants are good kids.

The standard come back is, No two applications are identical so we cannot compare.
Ok, so why do you have 12months timeline. If my application is from venus and later months are from pluto, how come you are giving aggregate timeline of 12months. Its misleading.

Have you applied for gcms notes? Has your eligibility /background started? And if not .....then the key question is WHY HAS IT NOT STARTED??
is there some external factor, like foreign security partners just woke up one day and said , NO, WE ARE NOT GOING TO WORK ON SKUG APPLICATION, but we will clear all later applications cuz they were applied in Spring time and we feel like working on it.

I'm not joking. We will have to do this. When several MPs will be grilled in this way, they will start directing same questions to CIC, it will start making an impact.

(if u read any post below discouraging you from doing the above, know that its the same Billy Joes who are working in cic, but busy in eating donuts dipped in maple syrup and don't want to work on your file).
We ordered GCMS notes and it says Criminality check in progress since May 2023, Eligibility not started, security check not started. Looks like it's going to be another many months, we don't know.

I saw an applicant on a forum whose application took 4 months and 18 days, they submitted last October and by last month, they had got PPR.

Well what can we do, our fate and lives are in the hands of Billy!

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
We ordered GCMS notes and it says Criminality check in progress since May 2023, Eligibility not started, security check not started. Looks like it's going to be another many months, we don't know.

I saw an applicant on a forum whose application took 4 months and 18 days, they submitted last October and by last month, they had got PPR.

Well what can we do, our fate and lives are in the hands of Billy!
Having all the proofs and data, you're still asking what you can do??

Jess24

Feb 2, 2023
Mar 23-AOR

Hey, just wandering if you got any ghost updates on PR tracker. My application was moved to New York too in Dec 2023. I have been getting ghost updates on the PR tracker almost every week from Jan 2024.
Eligibility and background is still in process