+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

sarahsbanks

Mar 1, 2023
Different officers work differently and some background checks must be difficulty depending on one’s history like people from the US it seems their documents are processed faster ,I guess because Canada and US share most information.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Non unionized or temps/contract workers, which aren’t part of the strike.
Yeah but i read citizenship files are handled only by permanent employees... But this is cool if someone can still work.. :)

live4film

May 17, 2018
Do they check the names of MPs/MLAs/Councilors - how is the jurisdiction determined? The reason I ask is that I have moved since I applied for citizenship so which jurisdiction (Postal code) should I refer to while remembering these names?
Some practice tests did ask. I learned BC's MP names, but the actual test never asked anything like that

Reactions: JensonP and CABA

Symmo

Sep 20, 2019
In Progress: 13 March 2023
Background Complete: 12 April 2023

I got an update on 17 April stating " Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress." and then yesterday it updated again to "You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between April 24, 2023 and May 15, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you."

I haven't received any emails from them yet, will I only receive the invitation on the 24th of April?

Reactions: sarahsbanks

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
I got an update on 17 April stating " Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress." and then yesterday it updated again to "You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between April 24, 2023 and May 15, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you."

I haven't received any emails from them yet, will I only receive the invitation on the 24th of April?
wait until you get it, if not, you can do it near the end of the time period here: https://ct-tc.apps.cic.gc.ca/?lang=en

Reactions: Symmo

sarahsbanks

Mar 1, 2023

They will send you the link they sent me same message as you and sent link for the test two days after

Reactions: Symmo

H4nfitzgerald

May 21, 2018
Hi all!
Feb 22nd Applicant
March 9th AOR
Finger print request April 17th in tracker
Finger prints submitted April 19th
Citizenship test scheduled April 19th
Test window from April 24th
It’s moving VERY QUICKLY
(Vancouver office)

manc9

May 7, 2016
Hello everyone,
I have got an update in my application tracker that I have been scheduled for citizenship test and that I will receive the detailed information but its been 2 days and I havent received any email yet. Not sure if I should expect an email or not and also if not then how can I appear for online exam ? they havent mentioned anything else in the update

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hello everyone,
I have got an update in my application tracker that I have been scheduled for citizenship test and that I will receive the detailed information but its been 2 days and I havent received any email yet. Not sure if I should expect an email or not and also if not then how can I appear for online exam ? they havent mentioned anything else in the update
You know there is a strike, right?

manc9

May 7, 2016
Yes, but i got the update before strike started haha so i was just being optimistic, also I am not sure if i am supposed to get any test invite in my email or not assuming there were no strike

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019