+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

NamNg

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
my citizenship got updated to 'completed' today, i did the test on apr 03, approx. when will the others L-P-P get updated?

Vaibhav22

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Brisbane, New Delhi, Brampton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Sydeny, New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-04-2018
Doc's Request.
10-05-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-18
Med's Request
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
01-06-2019
Passport Req..
07-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2019
LANDED..........
12-07-2019
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1096
Application: Single
Application sent: February 27th 2023
Delivered: March 15th 2023
AOR:March 16th 2023

Was asked to submit some additional documents on 15h march and sent them on the 17th March itself, no response since, no updates in my online profile as well.

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
My citizenship test is completed but they asked me for a letter of explanation for my police certificate which I sent them in February and it still says "Waiting on you"

What is the next step from the citizenship test?
I have the same issue. I applied on December and with AOR, I was asked to upload Police Certificate of the country I visited. I provided them the document in January. However in the portal I still see "waiting on you" label.

In the timeline status section of the portal I do see the documents has been received status and further verified with CIC agent, They confirmed that they have received the document and asked me to ignore the portal label.

You can call CIC and get it verified if they have received the documents which they have asked for.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Same here mine was also to be sent to IRCC Vancouver. Do you know how much time it takes to update the fingerprint records? what was your timeline?
@JackMa Please let me know your experience with fingerprints update?

live4film

May 17, 2018
Can you share which resources you used to prepare for the citizenship test ?
I downloaded apps to help me mostly. I paid $3 for one of them which was worth it because otherwise there are ads. But most of the apps break it down into categories (government, history, geography etc...) It also included about 40 practice tests. I only read discovery canada once, it's better to get apps for sure. I studied for about 5 days and then took the test. It was a lot easier than I thought.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
I downloaded apps to help me mostly. I paid $3 for one of them which was worth it because otherwise there are ads. But most of the apps break it down into categories (government, history, geography etc...) It also included about 40 practice tests. I only read discovery canada once, it's better to get apps for sure. I studied for about 5 days and then took the test. It was a lot easier than I thought.
Do they check the names of MPs/MLAs/Councilors - how is the jurisdiction determined? The reason I ask is that I have moved since I applied for citizenship so which jurisdiction (Postal code) should I refer to while remembering these names?

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Do they check the names of MPs/MLAs/Councilors - how is the jurisdiction determined? The reason I ask is that I have moved since I applied for citizenship so which jurisdiction (Postal code) should I refer to while remembering these names?
It is advisable to prepare for local MP MLAs names. though there were no such questions in my test. There is a dedicated page for this practice in Discover Canada.

AliSaif786

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
I got updated with Test completed status this morning. Looks like last update before they go on strike or short vacation Lol. Hopefully by today evening will get update about strike. Hopefully no strike

Reactions: CABA