+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
I completed my test last weekend, but my tracker still says "Waiting on You". I know the score is temporary until it's official, but it would be nice to at least have some sort of receipt or confirmation number that the test was completed. I got the email to take the test, but none about how it was completed.
Can you share which resources you used to prepare for the citizenship test ?

Maher94m

Dec 25, 2018
Type: online application
Physical Presence Days: 1096
Application: 1 person
Application sent: February 26
AOR: Mar 14

Just received an email (AOR) today but no changes in the online account.

Questions:

A. How long does it take for the AOR status to update in my account? Since I only received it by email.

B. I read somewhere that there is a separate platform for tracking. Can you please provide that by replying to my comment?
Hello,

Today April 13, I received an update on tracker advising me to take the citizenship test between two dates. However all other items are still "in progress" including the background check.

Is this normal?

Does taking the test mean the process is in its final stages?

how long does it take to get to the ceremony after the test is completed?

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Update : Logged in the tracker this morning and see an update : You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online between XX and XX dates. Now my question is : haven't received any email yet.

1. Normally how many days it takes to receive that email ?
2. Once i login onto the test portal, do we need to select the date and time for the test and then log out ?
3. do we need a webcam enabled laptop to be able to take the test, does this test is taken under supervision of an officer ?
4. In case if during the test wifi / connectivity drops what happens then ?

Please guide. Thanks
1. Closer to the test date
2. No date and time selection, it to give the test
3. Yes. They take snaps of you while you are giving the test and later validate it to check for any malpractice.
4. You can re-login but the timer won't stop.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
1. Closer to the test date
2. No date and time selection, it to give the test
3. Yes. They take snaps of you while you are giving the test and later validate it to check for any malpractice.
4. You can re-login but the timer won't stop.
Thanks, can we take the test in night hours as well ?

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
She applied in January and got her invitation for the ceremony in April 28, 2023. She is not really a person of being tracking the application, she got her AOR two weeks after applying. That’s all she got before the invitation
Do you mean this application took just 4 months to complete until called for ceremony? Did she apply from inside canada?

AIMIM

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Hi All, How much time will it take AOR to show on online application? I received AOR in email in February but it still not showing up in online application. Do I have to link the application to my ircc account?

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Apr 11, 2023
Fingerprints required
Background verification
We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints.

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Application (mine) resubmitted yesterday: expected delivery next week. Am I still considered as a February applicant? or should I move to the April thread? :)