+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Just curious when you said 'fill in the blanks' do you mean multiple choices or actual fill in the blanks ?
If you check out the practice tests (linked many many times all over this board) they will give you a rather accurate idea of how the test is like.

As they’re on strike, now is a good time to spend on studying for it.

Reactions: sravyapangur

sravyapangur

May 16, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have got an update in my application tracker that I have been scheduled for citizenship test and that I will receive the detailed information but its been 2 days and I havent received any email yet. Not sure if I should expect an email or not and also if not then how can I appear for online exam ? they havent mentioned anything else in the update
I found this link answering your question in CIC website https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1566&top=5. Hope it helps

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Hi Guys,

My timeline:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1097
Application: Single
Application sent: February 22nd 2023
Delivered: February 22nd 2023
AOR:March 7th 2023
In Progress: March 9th 2023
Background Verification Complete: April 9th 2023
Test Invite: N/A
Test Window: April 24th - May 15th 2023
Test Email Invitation Received: Not yet

I have not yet received my test email yet, but as per tracker it says my test window is open from Monday. I am outside Canada, at the moment and wondering if I should just go ahead without the email once the window opens up.. or try contacting them first to let them know about this? It's tricky since I have not received the email from them yet. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
Check this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html#invitation

If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
  • in the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.

Hibasofy

Feb 28, 2019
Application submitted and received Feb 7
I never received AOR and only received test invite email that I completed and passed! Anyone else with similar experience? Is this usual to receive test invite but no AOR for 2 months?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Application submitted and received Feb 7
I never received AOR and only received test invite email that I completed and passed! Anyone else with similar experience? Is this usual to receive test invite but no AOR for 2 months?
You could have missed it or it might have ended in spam folder. AOR email has application number which would be in the test email too needed for creating tracker account.

Reactions: JensonP

Hibasofy

Feb 28, 2019
Hi Guys, please add this to the google sheet!

My timeline:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1097
Application: Single
Application sent: February 2nd 2023
Delivered: February 2nd 2023
AOR:February 13th 2023
Background Verification Complete: March 23, 2023
Test Invite: April 3rd
Test Window: April 3rd - April 24th 2023
Test done: April 20th
Test status still not updated

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
I’m getting pretty paranoid and worried, I’ve had zero communication since my March 4 AOR… no background check, no test invite, no update to tracker, literally nothing :(
Meanwhile it seems like most of y’all are wrapping up your test already.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I’m getting pretty paranoid and worried, I’ve had zero communication since my March 4 AOR… no background check, no test invite, no update to tracker, literally nothing :(
Meanwhile it seems like most of y’all are wrapping up your test already.
Don't get paranoid. You not even completed 2 months. Every application has its own trajectory based on processing office. Build patience to sustain the 12 months average processing time where many months you won't see any progress. With Strike going on have more patience.