+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2022 - Citizenship Applications

ViniB

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
For those needing URGENT PASSPORT service, this was my experience:

I picked up my certificate on February 16th and applied for a passport in a Passport Service Center on the same day. Because I am traveling for work, my company gave me a letter stating that I needed to travel for a client. The whole process was very simples and straightforward, they checked the "proof of travel" and charged me a fee of $ 50 for express delivery in 2 business days (this fee may vary depending on how soon you need the passaport). On Monday (Feb 20th) the passport was ready for pickup. For proof of travel, they accept MANY kinds of documents, so you don't necessarily need a booked flight ticket.

I hope this helps, and feel free to reach out if you guys have questions about urgent passport processing.

Below is my updated and FINAL timeline:

Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1,101
Number of Applicants: Single
Application Sent: Feb 12, 2022
Application Delivered: Feb 12, 2022
AOR: Mar 19, 2022
In Progress: Mar 21, 2022
Test Scheduled: Oct 6, 2022 (e-mail on Oct 15, 2022)
Background Verification: Oct 11, 2022
Test Window: Nov 11 - Dec 1, 2022
Test Taken: Nov 11, 2022
Test Marked as Completed: Nov 17, 2022
Language skills, Prohibitions and Physical Presence: Dec 21, 2022
Oath in progress: Jan 9, 2023
Scheduled oath cerimony: Feb 7, 2023
Case closed (on tracker): Feb 11, 2023
Certificate pickup: Feb 16, 2023
Passport application (express service): Feb 16, 2023
Passport pickup: Feb 20, 2023

Last edited:

cvgas

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Its not on a same day but a week after that. There is not a enough time to get certificate in hand and apply for canadian passport.As soon we are done with oath, ours passports will not be valid as my country of birth does not allow dual citizenship. We need to have new passport before going to US immigrant visa interview. We waited for 3 yrs to get US visa interview so cant even think of postponding it. We can however post pond canadian citizenship oath at this point I think.
I am confused by your comment. After the oath, your PR card is not valid because you will submit it at the oath ceremony. Your Indian passport is still good until you officially surrender it. The issue you will have is returning to Canada without the PR card. Your best option is the get the Canadian passport first and then get the US visa stamped if you are getting a non-B1/B2 visa. Otherwise, for leisure, you don't need a visa on a Canadian passport.

SPADMASH

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hey all

i gave my test in October, was asked for passport copies and submitted them in December 1st week. Still no update:( i call every month and they say they have everything they need and all i have to do is wait.. any suggestions on how i could nudge them? I’m scared they put my file aside or forgot about it ! Ppl who wrote tests in november and December seem to have reached the oath stage and I’m with no update what so ever
we are all in same boat. LPP is still in process and god only knows when its going to be done. everyone has some plans for summer, but we can't plan anything as we r stuck.

Reactions: twztedelegance

KCtoCA

Sep 24, 2018
Its not on a same day but a week after that. There is not a enough time to get certificate in hand and apply for canadian passport.As soon we are done with oath, ours passports will not be valid as my country of birth does not allow dual citizenship. We need to have new passport before going to US immigrant visa interview. We waited for 3 yrs to get US visa interview so cant even think of postponding it. We can however post pond canadian citizenship oath at this point I think.
Once again, based on the information you provided, this is a bad move. I have seen a citizenship timeline in this forum take 4 years because of 1 item they postponed. I understand your position because it's virtually impossible to get a US visa appointment since COVID started but also think about the fact that you are not guaranteed to get approved for the visa. If it happens to get denied, it's at least 1 year to get another appointment and you're also back in the unknown about your oath ceremony date. Once again, based on the information you provided and only you know your situation, US Visa vs Citizenship Oath is a no brainer. My advice is to email IRCC letting them know your urgency and to ask if they can expedite your certificate. They will ask for proof. Then, if they agree, you can use your US Visa appointment receipt and trip info to request an express Canadian passport(they have different options for different fees). There is no cost in trying this. I hope this helps and good luck with whichever way you decide to go.

Reactions: Noslord2003

KCtoCA

Sep 24, 2018
@ktm44. With the option to expedite the passport based on travel requirements, worst case scenario may be to delay the trip by a few days since you won't need a visa with your new Canadian passport. Unless we are missing something. Good luck in any case.

flipper11

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
Feb 28 applicant

Me and my partner applied online the same time.
My partner already has the oath for 28 Feb 2023 - online
Montreal office

My application is stuck on December 16

I had some weird tracker issues like we both got the test invite the same time by email, but mine was for a month later. My tracker showed test not started all the way until completed on dec. 02.
But on the dec 02 update the timeline showed as backdated to October along with BG completed. And test in progress November (it showed nothing for me until dec 02)

since then my LPP is in progress...nothing since dec 16.

I have sent email to where the test came from (no reply)
Sent a web form (only automated reply)
And sent an email yesterday for the one someone posted for scarborough office oath. (Replied today that it's the wrong office and my file is in process)

That's it.

are they treating french and English applications differently in Montreal? Because that's the only difference between me and my partner's applications beside work.

Honestly, this whole process makes no sense.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022
I’ve finally been scheduled for oath! I haven’t received the confirmation email yet, but the tracker shows the update (back-dated to Feb 20th :|).

Here’s my updated timeline:

Nationality: Italian
Application type: Online Application (Single Applicant)
Sent: Feb 28 2022
AOR: March 29 2022
Fingerprints request: Oct 19 2022
Fingerprints submitted: Oct 20 2022
Background Completed: Nov 4 2022
Test Invite Oct 21 2022 - window (Oct 24-No 14)
Test Completed: Nov 02 2022
Test Marked as completed: Dec 16 2022
Language: Jan 03 2023
Prohibitions: Jan 03 2023
Physical presence: Jan 03 2023
Oath Ceremony (started): Feb 22 2023
Oath Ceremony (scheduled): Mar 14 2023

ktm44

Jan 10, 2020
@ktm44. With the option to expedite the passport based on travel requirements, worst case scenario may be to delay the trip by a few days since you won't need a visa with your new Canadian passport. Unless we are missing something. Good luck in any case.
Thank you for your response and suggesions.

Visa interview is for US GC ( got this dqte after 3 yrs of waiting) and NOT for visitor visa. If interview was for visitor visa we could have just cancelled it as once you become canadian citizen, we dont need visitor visa. We have have one week in between both dates so at this point we will probably postpond the oath date knowing there might be consequences and risk.

We are yet to receive email invitation for oath ceremony though althought date has been updated in tracker.

Reactions: KCtoCA

satishkumar432

Aug 23, 2011
For those needing URGENT PASSPORT service, this was my experience:

I picked up my certificate on February 16th and applied for a passport in a Passport Service Center on the same day. Because I am traveling for work, my company gave me a letter stating that I needed to travel for a client. The whole process was very simples and straightforward, they checked the "proof of travel" and charged me a fee of $ 50 for express delivery in 2 business days (this fee may vary depending on how soon you need the passaport). On Monday (Feb 20th) the passport was ready for pickup. For proof of travel, they accept MANY kinds of documents, so you don't necessarily need a booked flight ticket.

I hope this helps, and feel free to reach out if you guys have questions about urgent passport processing.

Below is my updated and FINAL timeline:

Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1,101
Number of Applicants: Single
Application Sent: Feb 12, 2022
Application Delivered: Feb 12, 2022
AOR: Mar 19, 2022
In Progress: Mar 21, 2022
Test Scheduled: Oct 6, 2022 (e-mail on Oct 15, 2022)
Background Verification: Oct 11, 2022
Test Window: Nov 11 - Dec 1, 2022
Test Taken: Nov 11, 2022
Test Marked as Completed: Nov 17, 2022
Language skills, Prohibitions and Physical Presence: Dec 21, 2022
Oath in progress: Jan 9, 2023
Scheduled oath cerimony: Feb 7, 2023
Case closed (on tracker): Feb 11, 2023
Certificate pickup: Feb 16, 2023
Passport application (express service): Feb 16, 2023
Passport pickup: Feb 20, 2023
Congratulations!
So it took just a week to get your certificate posted to your home address ?

KCtoCA

Sep 24, 2018
Thank you for your response and suggesions.

Visa interview is for US GC ( got this dqte after 3 yrs of waiting) and NOT for visitor visa. If interview was for visitor visa we could have just cancelled it as once you become canadian citizen, we dont need visitor visa. We have have one week in between both dates so at this point we will probably postpond the oath date knowing there might be consequences and risk.

We are yet to receive email invitation for oath ceremony though althought date has been updated in tracker.
You're welcome. Makes perfect sense then. Good luck.

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Feb 28 applicant

Me and my partner applied online the same time.
My partner already has the oath for 28 Feb 2023 - online
Montreal office

My application is stuck on December 16

I had some weird tracker issues like we both got the test invite the same time by email, but mine was for a month later. My tracker showed test not started all the way until completed on dec. 02.
But on the dec 02 update the timeline showed as backdated to October along with BG completed. And test in progress November (it showed nothing for me until dec 02)

since then my LPP is in progress...nothing since dec 16.

I have sent email to where the test came from (no reply)
Sent a web form (only automated reply)
And sent an email yesterday for the one someone posted for scarborough office oath. (Replied today that it's the wrong office and my file is in process)

That's it.

are they treating french and English applications differently in Montreal? Because that's the only difference between me and my partner's applications beside work.

Honestly, this whole process makes no sense.
mine hasnt moved since November - Dec 16th was the glitch fix after everything reverted. Mine is a vancouver application. Feb 2nd submission

rsid

Dec 20, 2017
Vancouver
Visa Office......
IRCC Vancouver
Hello All,

Nationality: Indian
Physical Presence: 1349
Application type: Online Application (Single Applicant)
Application Sent: Feb 01 2022
AOR: March 16 2022
Fingerprints request: Oct 19 2022
Fingerprints submitted: Nov 14 2022
Background Completed:
Test Invite
Test Completed:
Test Marked as completed:
Language:
Prohibitions:
Oath Ceremony (started):
Oath Ceremony (scheduled):

Note: Can't login into status checker past few months still corresponding with IRCC to get the issue fixed.

Last edited: