+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Carlinius

Mar 2, 2018
My application was closed today, February 17th. I haven't received the email confirming the tracking number yet, but I guess it should be coming soon. Good luck everyone

Reactions: brswng

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
i have not been able to sign into the tracker since yesterday, when i sign it just say loading and nothing appears. anyone with similar issue?

ktm44

Jan 10, 2020
Hi,
Scheduled for oath ceremony for 15th March. How do you know if it is virtual or In person?

We might have to reschedule oath ceremony due to US visa interview on the same week. How does rescheduling work? Do they simply provide us with new date or we let them know the preferred date for oath ceremony? Anybody here have rescheduling experience?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi,
Scheduled for oath ceremony for 15th March. How do you know if it is virtual or In person?

We might have to reschedule oath ceremony due to US visa interview on the same week. How does rescheduling work? Do they simply provide us with new date or we let them know the preferred date for oath ceremony? Anybody here have rescheduling experience?
Is your US visa interview on the same day?... Your oath usually takes about 2h if it is virtual. Wait for the oath letter to find out. You can also search for in-person oath here:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/CeremonySearch/search-recherche-eng.aspx

I would highly recommend not postponing your oath. There is no guarantee you will get the next available spot or honour your preferred date and it could take months. Best to get it over with unless it is extenuating circumstances

BTW, if you get Canadian citizenship - Canadian passport holders are US visa exempt and can present themselves at the border directly

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Is your US visa interview on the same day?... Your oath usually takes about 2h if it is virtual. Wait for the oath letter to find out you can also search for in-person oath here:

I would highly recommend not postponing your oath. There is no guarantee you will get the next available spot or honour your preferred date and it could take month. Best to get it over with unless it is extenuating circumstances

BTW, if you get Canadian citizenship - Canadian passport holders are US visa exempt and can present themselves at the border directly
Best advice you could get on this. except you are applying for an immigrant Visa. else do you ceremony and you wont need a visa to go to the US.

ktm44

Jan 10, 2020
Is your US visa interview on the same day?... Your oath usually takes about 2h if it is virtual. Wait for the oath letter to find out. You can also search for in-person oath here:

I would highly recommend not postponing your oath. There is no guarantee you will get the next available spot or honour your preferred date and it could take months. Best to get it over with unless it is extenuating circumstances

Its not on a same day but a week after that. There is not a enough time to get certificate in hand and apply for canadian passport.As soon we are done with oath, ours passports will not be valid as my country of birth does not allow dual citizenship. We need to have new passport before going to US immigrant visa interview. We waited for 3 yrs to get US visa interview so cant even think of postponding it. We can however post pond canadian citizenship oath at this point I think.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Its not on a same day but a week after that. There is not a enough time to get certificate in hand and apply for canadian passport.As soon we are done with oath, ours passports will not be valid as my country of birth does not allow dual citizenship. We need to have new passport before going to US immigrant visa interview. We waited for 3 yrs to get US visa interview so cant even think of postponding it. We can however post pond canadian citizenship oath at this point I think.
It is up to you. Just bear in mind, if you postpone your oath, you might have wait months to get another date and you'll have to come back and be physically present in Canada for oath

ViniB

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
i have not been able to sign into the tracker since yesterday, when i sign it just say loading and nothing appears. anyone with similar issue?
It’s normal, it happens to everyone who had their oath scheduled. Mine was like this from the day my oath got scheduled until 2 days past the actual oath.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noslord2003

charanysg

Aug 2, 2017
Ajax
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-08-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2018
No update in the tracker. However, I just got my Zoom information for my Oath on 16th Feb, 2022 for March 1st, 2023. Scarborough office.

Timeline:
Application: Online
Office: Scarborough
Submit: Feb 7, 2022
Received: Feb 7, 2022
AOR: March 17, 2022
BG Completed: Oct 13, 2022
Test In Progress : Oct 21, 2022
Test Scheduled: Oct 28, 2022
Test Completed: Nov 4, 2022
Language Completed: In progress
Prohibition Completed: In progress
Physical Presence Completed:In progress
Oath Ceremony: March 1st, 2023

Reactions: Noslord2003

wvanderlinden

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Finally I got my GCMS notes after waiting for more than 4 months! Unfortunately there were no info on my Security Clearance part, just blank empty space.
BACKGROUND Check in progress. Criminality part and knowledge test passed on OCT 2022. The last update on my file was on OCT 2022.

Is it the time now to reach my MP? application submitted on Feb 1st, 2022.

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Finally I got my GCMS notes after waiting for more than 4 months! Unfortunately there were no info on my Security Clearance part, just blank empty space.
BACKGROUND Check in progress. Criminality part and knowledge test passed on OCT 2022. The last update on my file was on OCT 2022.

Is it the time now to reach my MP? application submitted on Feb 1st, 2022.
Nothing to lose at this point. If I don't hear by the 12 month mark of AOR then I will be reaching out to my MP.

Reactions: wvanderlinden