+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***February 2021 Outland Spouse Sponsorship***

HNAGELLY

Feb 11, 2021
FYI:- heard one of my friend from IRCC that all VO, immigration officers received remort work with VPN connections. so hoping to move all our files quickly.

23KGimmi

Feb 1, 2021
Hi all Just got my application number in email from CIC, my timeline so far is as follows:
Feb 1 - Sent to CIC via Fedex
Feb 7 - Received my CIC (Signed)
Feb 25 - Application Number received in email
Hi all! my application timeline 2021:
Jan 9 - Sent to CIC via Fedex
Jan 12 - Fedex status: delivered to Sydney NS

How come i submitted earlier but still get no reply from CIC ><"

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020
ya I think it would be better if you wait for the return application, in my case it took about a week for the returned application to come.
Against ALL the odds, our first application was actually accepted (received AOR on the 20th of February). Not sure if they're just going to request a revised form later on in the process? Will be interesting to find out ...

Dec 30, 2020
Wise decision by submitting another application, this saves you a lot of time. Nice
The funny thing is, just a few days after we sent our 2nd application, we received an AOR for the first one! They actually accepted it with the super old form. Wondering if they'll request the updated form at another point in the process. So weird.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
I see 5 AOR :D already in Outland February google docs tracker, looks like processing times are improved.
Hi,
Can you please share the google doc to track Feb applications?

I was intending to send out my application this week but I am waiting for my 2020 Notice of Assessment. So it might be another week.

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020

I am curious too as to why some people are getting AOR so fast and others waiting (2021 applicants). Don't all applications go to Sydney NS?

chlorate

Jan 23, 2021

hey fellow hker! have you written hong kong priority on the mail? i am not sure if thats the reason i receive mine earlier than usual, but if you did too you should contact CIC for some progress updates!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am curious too as to why some people are getting AOR so fast and others waiting (2021 applicants). Don't all applications go to Sydney NS?
All outland applications, yes.

There are clearly backlog issues for some 2020 applications.

But expectations here are sometimes off - even before covid, some applications got AOR1 more quickly than others - it was NEVER a strictly first-in-first-out process. It was perhaps closer to fifo, but never exactly.

We could speculate endlessly about why this is, which could be something as simple as some applications are more straightforward than others, some are physically harder to scan than others, different teams/shifts work faster than others, etc. It may be they need to check against things like previous visits, payment information, existing UCI (and system glitches or whatever can delay things). But the truth is we don't really know.

One thing we do know, though: the initial evaluation before AOR1 is more than just scanning and doing a checklist comparison. From the gcms notes, there is an initial evaluation where the file is looked at and some (simple) recommendations made. Obviously those could take longer, or not.

Kaum

Feb 26, 2021
FYI:- heard one of my friend from IRCC that all VO, immigration officers received remort work with VPN connections. so hoping to move all our files quickly.
So you have a friend at IRCC, that's so awesome. Do you have any other inside news? How long are they taking to process filed these days?