+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***February 2021 Outland Spouse Sponsorship***

RachelMJ

Nov 8, 2021
Hi All, I have a valid PR status since Aug 2019, got married in Jan 2020. My husband and myself are currently in Dubai working jobs here. How can I start his sponsorship outside of canada and how long does this process usually take ?

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All, I have a valid PR status since Aug 2019, got married in Jan 2020. My husband and myself are currently in Dubai working jobs here. How can I start his sponsorship outside of canada and how long does this process usually take ?

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks
You cannot, as a PR you mist apply from inside Canada and reside there through the process. Timing - takes about a year.

RachelMJ

Nov 8, 2021
You cannot, as a PR you mist apply from inside Canada and reside there through the process. Timing - takes about a year.
Thank you for responding, do you think its a good idea to apply for a visit/tourist visa and then once he has landed in Canada start his spousal application ?

Lizbet

Nov 8, 2021
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 9, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on October 25, 2021.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 12, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on March 15, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you a letter on October 27, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Any idea how close I am to PPR?

Reactions: Jabya

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Permanent Residence
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 12, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on March 15, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you a letter on October 27, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I have similar timelines, whats your visa office? and yes! You are very close!! You should receive DM soon!

rachitrampal

Mar 20, 2020
Permanent Residence

Hey,
What type of letter you received on October 27(Point 6) ??
I received the same statement with different date and I got an email to `link the application` few days before the mentioned date but nothing on or after that date. So i'm bit confused here ?

Anyone else who faced the same behaviour or know the reason for this, your reply will be much appreciated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey,
I received the same statement with different date and I got an email to `link the application` few days before the mentioned date but nothing on or after that date. So i'm bit confused here ?

Anyone else who faced the same behaviour or know the reason for this, your reply will be much appreciated.
Has it occurred to you that the 'we sent you a letter' may actually be about the email you got telling you to link the application?

Yes, there is a small date discrepancy. Too small to likely matter.

(I do not know this for a fact but seems equally plausible)

rachitrampal

Mar 20, 2020
Has it occurred to you that the 'we sent you a letter' may actually be about the email you got telling you to link the application?

Yes, there is a small date discrepancy. Too small to likely matter.

(I do not know this for a fact but seems equally plausible)
Yeah I recieved an email but the date is not accurate - hence the confusion - I hope its just the date discrepancy like you said

Lizbet

Nov 8, 2021
Hey,

Yes the letter on October 27th was instructions to link application. Biometric fees have been paid since March but no request for Biometrics to this day. I am just waiting to see if everything will happen at once....

diana_d

Star Member
May 24, 2019
It has been 3 months since my husband's medical passed, still not a single sign from CIC. the wait is extremely hard