Number of Applicant: 3
Physical days: 1285
Applicantion sent: February 6, 2021
Application delivered: February 17, 2021
AOR received: April 23, 2021

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Hi, I submitted a form on CIC website to ask the status of my online application as I never received any submission confirmation email.

I received a reply back that there is no application in the system.

Should I apply again on paper in that case. My app date is Feb 25th and I never received any email from IRCC except the payment receipt.

I am very worried! did i just wasted 3 months on this crazy black hole kinda online system?!!!
Those who applied ONLINE before March 02, 2021 did not receive any acknowledgement email. They updated their software on March 02, 2021 so applicants after this date are getting the acknowledgement email on successful submission (which is not AOR btw) - those that did before this date (like in your case) did not receive any acknowledgement email.

The agents response for not finding your application is the generic response given for those applicants whose AOR is not sent out in MAJORITY of cases. So relax.

I'd say you should start worrying ONLY when the people who applied ONLINE at the same time or after you start receiving AORs and you didnt. There are so many people even before you who have applied online and have not yet received any AOR or acknowledgement email

BCLimey

Mar 10, 2016
congrats, R we still able check status through old Ecas instead of new tracking system. your updates seems to be from old system.
May I ask what people are using for a ID type please on ECAS? I have tried lots of different variations but still get thrown off.

Reactions: Glory. A. O

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Number of Applicant: 3
Physical days: 1285
Applicantion sent: February 6, 2021
Application delivered: February 17, 2021
AOR received: April 23, 2021
Thanks, when did your application go in process?

cnquimio24

May 25, 2021
Welcome to the the thread, I just need more information from you. Can you let me know the following:

Application sent:
Delivered:

If you applied before March 2nd, then there was no confirmation email. As for IRCC reply, it really depends on the agent who replied. An agent actually went ahead and verified that my online application was in their system but still no AOR (probably sent an email or checked their backend system). Some agent will simply not go the extra mile to help you. I would say that if you have applied online, then don't worry and it will get processed soon(ish). It sucks that we hoped we would be getting our AORs in less than 2 months :p
Thanks, when did your application go in process?
hi, sorry for the term i use. The status was In progress not In process. Last updated was April 26, 2021.

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Hi there, I checked my status today and found background verification completed on May 21 while others remain in progress, not sure if this needs to be updated on the spreadsheet. Thanks

Reactions: Momaof2

Momaof2

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
Edmonton, AB
I was just wondering if fingerprint request comes before or after background checks completed? Approximately how long before the test invites?
Tia!

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Anyone from Vancouver office whose application is in progress and background check is completed? Mine is still in progress. I’ve seen some people from other cities whose background check is already completed.

riyahm

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Hey, Did you get an automatic email after submission? If not, what do you see after logging in to your online application account here?
https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in

If you see something that says below, you are good to go.
================================================================================
You’ve submitted your application
If you need to update your application, contact us.(opens in new tab)

You successfully submitted your application!

What’s next
We’ll review your application to make sure you
  • provided all of the information we asked for
  • uploaded all required documents
  • paid the fees
If your application is complete, we’ll
  • start processing your application
  • send you a confirmation email (acknowledgement of receipt or AOR)
It can take some time before you receive the AOR. Check your email regularly to see if you’ve received it.
If we need more information from you, we’ll contact you by email. To avoid missing our emails
  • check your junk or spam folder
  • look for messages from email addresses ending in “@cic.gc.ca”
Check your email regularly.
====================================================================================

Its just a matter of time before you receive an AoR.
I do see this page you shared. so I am gonna sit tight and hope for the best!

hkdvirdi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Hi All,

I also applied for my wife's application online. I filed web form inquiry with IRCC initially they said they cannot file the application with this message

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). We have verified your file and were unable to find any record of your online application. In order for us to make additional verifications, we invite you to write back to us using the IRCC Web form and include the online application number and screen shots of: The View the applications you submitted section of your account's homepage, and The confirmation of submission of your online application located in the Check full application status section. We will be pleased to follow up on your request following reception of the above information. Usually, it takes us 2 to 5 business days to respond. "

Then I filed another webform inquiry and they responded with the message below

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are currently looking into the issue described in your email. We will communicate with you as soon as we have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Rest assured that we are working on improving our online services for future releases"

I think they are just lagging with Online applications for citizenship grant. I wouldn't recommend applying again on paper as that would mess things up. Rather wait for response for online application and then it take it from there. With IRCC its game of patience.

Just to update this is what IRCC said after they said about application not found problem.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that we received your application. It will be processed according to the date it was received.

When you submit an application to IRCC, verifications are made to ensure that the online application is complete and ready for review, which means that you have:

• Answered all of the questions on the form, and
  • Submitted all the necessary documents.

Once we have verified that the application is complete, you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt. At the moment, we are unable to provide delays for how long this verification will take
."

I filed for wife's Online application in February 2021.

Thanks

Last edited: