Online Citizenship Application

Type: Single
Physical Presence: 1130 days
Application Sent: February 23rd, 2021
Application Delivered: February 23, 2021
AOR: NA

MericaEh

May 19, 2021
Online is high risk, high reward. Once AOR is received processing is fast for those applicants. But getting AOR is taking a lot of time (& may increase further). In last 4-5 months they processed online applications only from December.

In January or Feb, I would have recommended online. But today paper application looks safer option. There are still quite many unknowns in online process.
I agree that online is still a high risk, high reward option. It's still a pilot program so I'm guessing only a limited number of staff has been trained on processing those. However, I think the processing of online applications can pick up the pace at any moment. Eventually, it'll be like applying for PR online, where you instantly get your AOR the moment you submit. I also think there'll be some cool features added in like automatically starting your background check procedures instead of needing to be initiated by an officer to save time and increase overall processing speed. I'm feeling optimistic about the months to come.

Reactions: mrHuiChen

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi Could you please add me to Feb tracker:

Online Citizenship Application

Type: Single
Physical Presence: 1130 days
Application Sent: February 23rd, 2021
Application Delivered: February 23, 2021
AOR: NA
Added!

Momaof2

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
Edmonton, AB
I agree that online is still a high risk, high reward option. It's still a pilot program so I'm guessing only a limited number of staff has been trained on processing those. However, I think the processing of online applications can pick up the pace at any moment. Eventually, it'll be like applying for PR online, where you instantly get your AOR the moment you submit. I also think there'll be some cool features added in like automatically starting your background check procedures instead of needing to be initiated by an officer to save time and increase overall processing speed. I'm feeling optimistic about the months to come.
I’m feeling optimistic too! I just think that IRCC is “loading” all paper applications to the online server, that’s why it seems paper applications are being processed NOW. But in a few months all applications (online and paper) will be processed in a very surprising, fast way. Just my thoughts.

Goldenita

Jun 29, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you.
Its been saying the same thing for about a month now but have not gotten an email or AOR in the mail.

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 25, 2021.
How many days after you applied online were you able to see the submitted/ received status on ecas

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Hello All, I have got my AOR on 25 March 2021 and still, the status is "Application Received". Besides, the mates who have submitted the application on nearby time frame their status is changed to "In process". Any idea on that?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hello All, I have got my AOR on 25 March 2021 and still, the status is "Application Received". Besides, the mates who have submitted the application on nearby time frame their status is changed to "In process". Any idea on that?
Did you check the new status tracker?

rahikh

Apr 27, 2021
hey folks. One question. I try looking up the status of my online citizenship application on ecas but I get no info like my application is not found. Is this to be expected? Do you get to see info on your application once you receive AOR only?

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
That's very optimistic, I would say for the track record of IRCC, it normally would take years for changes not months. So I would say online applications would become mainstream one day and it will be much faster but that's probably 3-5 years from now.

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Did you check the new status tracker?
Yes, i checked. Folks who got their AOR on 1-APR-2021 to 12-April-2021 has the status "processing". I have got my AOR on 25 MAR 2021

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
is that true? where did you learn that from?

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
That's very optimistic, I would say for the track record of IRCC, it normally would take years for changes not months. So I would say online applications would become mainstream one day and it will be much faster but that's probably 3-5 years from now.
Completely agree. It will take years to this shift.

MericaEh

May 19, 2021
Completely agree. It will take years to this shift.
Could totally be true. It could take years. I'm trying to be optimistic though as in this day of age, I've seen changes get implemented in a fraction of the time they usually do. COVID has accelerated a lot of online processing tools in many businesses, not only IRCC. So I'm hopeful IRCC will expedite this process.