+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

riyahm

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Hi All,

I also applied for my wife's application online. I filed web form inquiry with IRCC initially they said they cannot file the application with this message

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). We have verified your file and were unable to find any record of your online application. In order for us to make additional verifications, we invite you to write back to us using the IRCC Web form and include the online application number and screen shots of: The View the applications you submitted section of your account's homepage, and The confirmation of submission of your online application located in the Check full application status section. We will be pleased to follow up on your request following reception of the above information. Usually, it takes us 2 to 5 business days to respond. "

Then I filed another webform inquiry and they responded with the message below

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are currently looking into the issue described in your email. We will communicate with you as soon as we have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Rest assured that we are working on improving our online services for future releases"

I think they are just lagging with Online applications for citizenship grant. I wouldn't recommend applying again on paper as that would mess things up. Rather wait for response for online application and then it take it from there. With IRCC its game of patience.

Just to update this is what IRCC said after they said about application not found problem.

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that we received your application. It will be processed according to the date it was received.

When you submit an application to IRCC, verifications are made to ensure that the online application is complete and ready for review, which means that you have:

• Answered all of the questions on the form, and
  • Submitted all the necessary documents.

Once we have verified that the application is complete, you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt. At the moment, we are unable to provide delays for how long this verification will take
."

I filed for wife's Online application in February 2021.

Thanks
if you dont mind me asking .. whats the exact submission date?

Malik1983

Aug 22, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
07-10-2016
File Transfer...
03-11-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Interview........
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
01-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-04-2018
Hi All,

I also applied for my wife's application online. I filed web form inquiry with IRCC initially they said they cannot file the application with this message

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). We have verified your file and were unable to find any record of your online application. In order for us to make additional verifications, we invite you to write back to us using the IRCC Web form and include the online application number and screen shots of: The View the applications you submitted section of your account's homepage, and The confirmation of submission of your online application located in the Check full application status section. We will be pleased to follow up on your request following reception of the above information. Usually, it takes us 2 to 5 business days to respond. "

Then I filed another webform inquiry and they responded with the message below

We are currently looking into the issue described in your email. We will communicate with you as soon as we have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Rest assured that we are working on improving our online services for future releases"

I think they are just lagging with Online applications for citizenship grant. I wouldn't recommend applying again on paper as that would mess things up. Rather wait for response for online application and then it take it from there. With IRCC its game of patience.

Just to update this is what IRCC said after they said about application not found problem.

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that we received your application. It will be processed according to the date it was received.

When you submit an application to IRCC, verifications are made to ensure that the online application is complete and ready for review, which means that you have:

• Answered all of the questions on the form, and
  • Submitted all the necessary documents.

Once we have verified that the application is complete, you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt. At the moment, we are unable to provide delays for how long this verification will take
."

I filed for wife's Online application in February 2021.

Thanks
Thank you for sharing this.

Reactions: hkdvirdi

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
I was just wondering if fingerprint request comes before or after background checks completed? Approximately how long before the test invites?
Tia!
Hi,

Usually it comes before the completion of back ground checks.

Thanks.

Reactions: Momaof2

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
If ecas shows In Process and a third line, then I can update the spreadsheet. Otherwise you are good :)
Hi,

E-case is showing in process (26th May) for both my spouse and child.

Thanks.

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Those who applied ONLINE before March 02, 2021 did not receive any acknowledgement email. They updated their software on March 02, 2021 so applicants after this date are getting the acknowledgement email on successful submission (which is not AOR btw) - those that did before this date (like in your case) did not receive any acknowledgement email.

The agents response for not finding your application is the generic response given for those applicants whose AOR is not sent out in MAJORITY of cases. So relax.

I'd say you should start worrying ONLY when the people who applied ONLINE at the same time or after you start receiving AORs and you didnt. There are so many people even before you who have applied online and have not yet received any AOR or acknowledgement email
Thats some relief. I applied on feb 25th, 2021 through online. I dint get any AOR. So, I assume whoever applied online, nobody got AOR right? Please correct me if i am wrong.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Thats some relief. I applied on feb 25th, 2021 through online. I dint get any AOR. So, I assume whoever applied online, nobody got AOR right? Please correct me if i am wrong.
Correct, last online AOR received in this forum was for an application submitted onJanuary 4th, 2021. I feel like we are a few months away from AOR

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
The spreadsheet used to track the In Process in ecas. Do you see a third line on ecas?
ECAS Status: IN Process
Date: 27 MAY 2021

Please update the excel tracker.