+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Hi Guys,

I received any email from the Citizenship canada asking to submit all pages of passport during the eligibility period. Is this normal?

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
@wksj Thank you very much for the reply. Actually my old passport expired and i lost it during my shifting to new place and i had a police reference number too which i already explained during my application. So if i give explanation will it be fine or will it impact my application? I dint travel anywhere with my old passport

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Hi Guys,

I got a letter to send my travel documents and passport pages. Actually my old passport expired and i lost it during my shifting to new place and i had a police reference number too which i already explained during my application. So if i give explanation will it be fine or will it impact my application? I dint travel anywhere with my old passport

barnicole85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Category........
Other
I checked my application today and it says I've been scheduled for the ceremony on May 24! Woohoo!

It was updated to in progress on May 8. Haven't received the email yet, but assume that'll come in the next few days.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
I checked my application today and it says I've been scheduled for the ceremony on May 24! Woohoo!

It was updated to in progress on May 8. Haven't received the email yet, but assume that'll come in the next few days.
Congratulations barnicole. So happy to see people finally getting their oath invite. I recently passed the test a few days ago. I hope I get decision made status soon, and after that, wait to receive the oath invite.

Reactions: barnicole85

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received update May 5th: Oath May 26, 2022
Hey, did you get an email with the ceremony details yet? My app was updated on 6th with ceremony date in may 25th but I haven’t received any email yet.

LNAdrien06

Mar 4, 2016
Hello, applied 4 February 2021. Edmonton office.
10 may 2022 citizenship oath letter.
31 may 2022 citizenship ceremony.
Pls update.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Hey, did you get an email with the ceremony details yet? My app was updated on 6th with ceremony date in may 25th but I haven’t received any email yet.
No I did not get the invite yet but from what i see 7days before the actual date? So Next Wed if i don't get it i will call them

mk617

Jan 10, 2017
My application was last updated on April 19th - physical presence, prohibitions and language moved to completed.
Previous update was Feb 22 (Test completed).
Application is still in progress with last updated as April 25th with only ceremony as ‘not started’.

Anyone here with similar scenario ? How long does it take to get ceremony/oath invite ?

Thanks

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was last updated on April 19th - physical presence, prohibitions and language moved to completed.
Previous update was Feb 22 (Test completed).
Application is still in progress with last updated as April 25th with only ceremony as ‘not started’.

Anyone here with similar scenario ? How long does it take to get ceremony/oath invite ?

Thanks
No I did not get the invite yet but from what i see 7days before the actual date? So Next Wed if i don't get it i will call them
What I have read here is that the call agents can’t really do anything regarding this and people were directly contacting the offices email that processed their application. Mine is Vancouver, they send a direct email when your test is scheduled, I believe the same email can be used to inquire if we don’t get an email confirmation of the path by next week.