+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
Hi friends. I have a technical question. I have my ceremony soon. The invitation says they will verify my address. I recently moved to another address and I did not update it on my application. I still rent the apartment at the old address, so I can still receive the certificate at that address. So, what address should I give during my ceremony? Why do they verify my address anyway?
Well, they need to have an address to where they will send your certificate, so that's why they verify. Logical, right? Just decide for yourself, either you wish to receive the certificate at your old address, or provide them a new one during the ceremony....:rolleyes:

Reactions: Explorers

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi friends. I have a technical question. I have my ceremony soon. The invitation says they will verify my address. I recently moved to another address and I did not update it on my application. I still rent the apartment at the old address, so I can still receive the certificate at that address. So, what address should I give during my ceremony? Why do they verify my address anyway?
They will verify your ID and address on file. They will ask if the address is ok to receive the certificate. If you want you can give the new address to the officer which is totally fine. Many move and give new address.
If you are planning to receive the certificate to new address then dont forget to include the new address and request them to send it to new address in your email with oath form after you finish oath.

Verification before oath is not to verify your address on your ID card. Many move and will have old address on ID cards which they too know about it. Nothing to worry about not having new address on ID card. Per cic instructions they are not supposed to be asking any provincial ID at all but what we can say - they are all following age old processes or deliberately asking for local id just to trouble people. All they need is PR card to verify ID but unnecessarily asking for other things are we already submitted during application anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Explorers

Momaof2

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
Edmonton, AB
Hi everyone, so we have everything turned green except for oath that so still no started, how long before we get the invite? TIA
Checked my E-cas and it’s Decision Made!

Last edited:
Reactions: summaiya_t

bsht

Jun 8, 2016
Please update the tracker for me:
Decision Made - May 9
All completed, except Citizenship Oath.
Waiting for an invite now.

mikegrandier

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
I sent an email to the Calgary office yesterday and they responded after some hours saying that my family's file is on queue waiting to be scheduled for oath of ceremony. The agent said they can't tell at this point the expected time for that to be done. That I will receive an email with the details once we are scheduled.
any updates?

May 10, 2021
Tracker also should be updated for me.

Oath Invitation-: May 4th, 2022
Oath Ceremony-: May 11th, 2022
Last update online-: May 11th, 2022......
Your citizenship application status: Closed

President007

Feb 27, 2021
Good Morning my fellow future citizens!

After randomly checking on my Tracker, I found out that there is a little update!

Processing office: Scarborough
Type: Individual
Application sent: Feb 27, 2021 (Online)
Application received: Feb 27, 2021
AOR: Aug 10, 2021
Test Invite: Feb 3, 2022
Test Date: Feb 28, 2022
Test validated: marked completed on March 1, 2022
Background verification: completed Feb 4, 2022
Prohibitions: May 16, 2022
Language skills: May 16, 2022
Physical presence: May 16, 2022
Citizenship Ceremony: not started

Awaiting Oath ceremony to be scheduled!!!!

Reactions: mpreetsingh

nowondery

Jun 17, 2016
I sent an email to the Calgary office yesterday and they responded after some hours saying that my family's file is on queue waiting to be scheduled for oath of ceremony. The agent said they can't tell at this point the expected time for that to be done. That I will receive an email with the details once we are scheduled.
What is the email address for Calgary office. I need to send an email to them about my oat ceremony as well.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: avm

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Good Morning my fellow future citizens!

After randomly checking on my Tracker, I found out that there is a little update!

Processing office: Scarborough
Type: Individual
Application sent: Feb 27, 2021 (Online)
Application received: Feb 27, 2021
AOR: Aug 10, 2021
Test Invite: Feb 3, 2022
Test Date: Feb 28, 2022
Test validated: marked completed on March 1, 2022
Background verification: completed Feb 4, 2022
Prohibitions: May 16, 2022
Language skills: May 16, 2022
Physical presence: May 16, 2022
Citizenship Ceremony: not started

Awaiting Oath ceremony to be scheduled!!!!
Congratulations!

Reactions: President007