+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

sammy8419

May 9, 2022
Hey folks
I'm Feb 2021 applicant. I did my FP in June 2021 and in July, 2021 first week my BG was updated to complete. I passed my citizenship test in Feb, 2022 and was hoping to recieve the oath ceremony invite. But interestingly, last week, my BG status got updated to Inprogress. Not sure why it happened or is this a system bug?

I am not able to reach out to IRCC over phone since they are over busy with the traffic and not able to put me to an agent.

Let me know your experience.

Thanks

rahikh

Apr 27, 2021
hey guys,
My status was finally closed today. Best of luck to everyone else.
Just one quick question, I see people talking about tracking of their certificate sent to them. Is there a way to do that?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Is anyone else wondering why Jan and Feb 2021 applications seem to be taking longer than those who applied later? My husband applied Feb 2021, AOR Apr 2021, wrote his test Jan 2022.....everything other than application received, background check and test shows not started....his PR card expired a while back and he didn't renew it thinking he would get his citizenship soon....he's been working / living in Canada since he moved here in 2017....

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
What I have read here is that the call agents can’t really do anything regarding this and people were directly contacting the offices email that processed their application. Mine is Vancouver, they send a direct email when your test is scheduled, I believe the same email can be used to inquire if we don’t get an email confirmation of the path by next week.
Okay. I will try that. Some people were able to find out from the agent if it was sent and not received or it is another office that is doing the oath

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Hi Everyone,

After several unsuccessful attempts to submit an interest to sponsor my parent, I decided to do a major research paper for my final thesis on the current lottery system implemented by IRCC and recommend better policies that would factor in the duration of time that an applicant has been a permanent resident or citizen. Who knows if IRCC will ever come across my final paper and use some of the suggested policies. I have created a short questionnaire to help with the studies and will really appreciate if you could take few minutes of your time to answer the questions in the link below. Thank you so much for your time!

https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/YD6VJ8K
I will fill it in. Congratulations! You are finishing your studies?

Momaof2

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
Edmonton, AB
Morning all, I had a ghost update on the 10th of May, and I’m thinking that maybe my BG is going to go back to in progress? Because that’s the date it was completed last year, it still says complete though

IT_2015

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-08-2015 SA Oct 5, 2015
File Transfer...
21-10-2015 in Process Oct 6th, 2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2015
Hello everyone,
My husband's online thing was updated on May 6th with everything being completed except Oath Ceremony. any idea how long it might take for him to get the invitation for the oat ceremony?
Also the email address that he got his test invitation from is: IRCC.DNPNTCITScheduling-PlanificationCITPTNRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Any idea which processing centre is this ^?

Thanks so much!!

KathieB

Mar 16, 2018
Hi everyone!!

Has anyone received oath ceremony invite and given it from out of Canada? Please let me know, Thanks!

May 10, 2021
Hi Guys!

Update for everyone again.

Just finished my oath ceremony yesterday (May 11th)

I received the oath invitation a week prior to the actual date.

Considering the amount of people in the group, it was well run, and actually quiet touching considering it was over zoom.

Best of luck to everyone waiting, it's been a long wild ride.

AhsanK

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
Med's Request
18-12-2017
Med's Done....
26-12-2017
Hi everyone!!

Has anyone received oath ceremony invite and given it from out of Canada? Please let me know, Thanks!
Hi Kathie,
Applicants have to be in Canada for the Oath ceremony unlike the citizenship test and applicants will also cut their PR card at the end of the ceremony so it's impossible to return to Canada without a valid travel document (PR card in this case). My friend was outside Canada when he was invited for Oath ceremony, so he had to come back.

Hope that answers your question.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Hi Guys!

Update for everyone again.

Just finished my oath ceremony yesterday (May 11th)

I received the oath invitation a week prior to the actual date.

Considering the amount of people in the group, it was well run, and actually quiet touching considering it was over zoom.

Best of luck to everyone waiting, it's been a long wild ride.
Congrats!

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes

Explorers

Star Member
Nov 17, 2015
Hi friends. I have a technical question. I have my ceremony soon. The invitation says they will verify my address. I recently moved to another address and I did not update it on my application. I still rent the apartment at the old address, so I can still receive the certificate at that address. So, what address should I give during my ceremony? Why do they verify my address anyway?