+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>>February 2021<<<<<<<<<< AoR Join here

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
HOW LONG IT MAY TAKE TO RECEIVE STATUS OF MEDICAL EXTENSION?

Recently I added my newborn child in my application. Unfortunately, my husband's and my one medical got expired. I have already requested IRCC to extend my medical. They said that they forward it corresponding personnel for decision (extension or not). How long it may take normally to receive update of medical extension request?
@legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
HOW LONG IT MAY TAKE TO RECEIVE STATUS OF MEDICAL EXTENSION?

Recently I added my newborn child in my application. Unfortunately, my husband's and my one medical got expired. I have already requested IRCC to extend my medical. They said that they forward it corresponding personnel for decision (extension or not). How long it may take normally to receive update of medical extension request?
@legalfalcon
2- 5 weeks.

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
WHAT DOES IT MEAN BY " YOU DON'T NEED A MEDICAL" IN IRCC ACCOUNT?

As previously told, i added my newborn child and we need to do his medical prior obtaining PPR. My wife's and mine, medical was performed June 26th, 2020. As it is already one year, we asked IRCC to extend our medical. Yesterday, I raised a webform and requested them. Today, in my IRCC account I received an update. My medical status changes to " YOU DON"T NEED A MEDICAL" . Previously it was written there that " YOU HAVE PASSED MEDICAL on 13th JULY 2020". What do I understand by this status change? Do I understand that they approve my extension? @legalfalcon @legalfalcon_India

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
WHAT DOES IT MEAN BY " YOU DON'T NEED A MEDICAL" IN IRCC ACCOUNT?

As previously told, i added my newborn child and we need to do his medical prior obtaining PPR. My wife's and mine, medical was performed June 26th, 2020. As it is already one year, we asked IRCC to extend our medical. Yesterday, I raised a webform and requested them. Today, in my IRCC account I received an update. My medical status changes to " YOU DON"T NEED A MEDICAL" . Previously it was written there that " YOU HAVE PASSED MEDICAL on 13th JULY 2020". What do I understand by this status change? Do I understand that they approve my extension? @legalfalcon @legalfalcon_India
This indicates that your medicals have been sent for assessment and after it is approved by the IRCC health branch, you will see that the status will change back to "YOU HAVE PASSED MEDICAL," which would indicate that your medicals have been passed.

See #13,190

Reactions: Hokage

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
IS THERE ANY CHANCES TO GET REJECTED MY APPLICATION BECAUSE INABILITY TO PROVIDE MY CHILD'S PASSPORT AND MEDICAL - PASSPORT APPLICATION IN PROGRESS?

Recently I receive (Aug 17th) a document from IRCC to add my children, pay $225, submit child's picture, Form IMM 0008, Form IMM 5406, Birth Certificate of my child, PASSPORT of my children and medical Exam of my children. They also mentioned in the letter -

"The following information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information available and could be rejected."

The letter is also mentioned that -
"If you are unable to provide the requested document due to COVID-19, Please provide a letter of explanation with details on why you are unable to fulfill the request. You are strongly encouraged to provide proof to support your explanation. Once it is possible for you to complete the request for additional information or documents, please do so as soon as possible to avoid further delays. Failure to provide a letter of explanation may result in your application being refused."

I did most of these but I could not submit PASSPORT (provides passport application receipt document from US State Department). As I don't have passport of my child, I could not perform her Upfront MEDICAL Exam. I said in details in letter of explanation like following-

"I have applied for the passport of my newborn child. Due to COVID-19, the passport processing time has been increased. I will submit the copy of her passport as soon as I receive it. I have uploaded the receipt for her passport application.

Without the passport, it is not possible to complete the upfront medical exam of my child. Once I get her passport, I will complete the medical exam for her as soon as possible. I will submit the medical of my child as soon as I am able to complete it. I hope and pray, you will be kind enough to consider the situation."

I give my child's birth certificate already. Please suggest - is there any chances to get refused of my application if I could not meet 30 days deadline. @legalfalcon @legalfalcon_India

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
This indicates that your medicals have been sent for assessment and after it is approved by the IRCC health branch, you will see that the status will change back to "YOU HAVE PASSED MEDICAL," which would indicate that your medicals have been passed.

See #13,190
Today, I noticed following update in my IRCC profile. Could you please confirm if my and my husband's medical has been extended?

Latest update:
Review of medical results - August 25, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

@legalfalcon @legalfalcon_India

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Today, I noticed following update in my IRCC profile. Could you please confirm if my and my husband's medical has been extended?

Latest update:
Review of medical results - August 25, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

@legalfalcon @legalfalcon_India
YEs, your meds have been extended.

ntnmadan

Feb 20, 2021
I am a FSW - Outland (USA) applicant .
Just curious to know if any Outland applicants are getting COPRs in this group or the wait is still very long ?
thanks

charp

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Just curious to know if any Outland applicants are getting COPRs in this group or the wait is still very long ?
thanks
Unfortunately, it's gonna take a while for most of Outland applicants as people from late 2019 and 2020 are still waiting for PPRs. However, US applications are being processed at a faster rate than other Outland applicants.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
thanks
I don't think 2021 FSW outlanders have got ppr.

Alwy

Oct 28, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi, I received GCMS notes, according to which both eligibility and security haven't started yet. Criminality is shown as passed & info sharing is complete. I am an FSW applicant living in India, as per GCMS, my primary office is CIO and secondary office is CPC Ottawa. I was thinking it would be NDVO since I live in India. My question is whether IRCC process applications in offices other than local VO? If not why my application hasn't been transferred to local VO? Should I expect more delays due to this reason? Kindly help. Thank you.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi, I received GCMS notes, according to which both eligibility and security haven't started yet. Criminality is shown as passed & info sharing is complete. I am an FSW applicant living in India, as per GCMS, my primary office is CIO and secondary office is CPC Ottawa. I was thinking it would be NDVO since I live in India. My question is whether IRCC process applications in offices other than local VO? If not why my application hasn't been transferred to local VO? Should I expect more delays due to this reason? Kindly help. Thank you.
Same status and same VO.
Once the eligibility is complete, I believe it will move to the local VO for PPR. It's not an absolute necessity to process applications at the local VO.

Samy1

Feb 18, 2021
Check your application status – Immigration and citizenship - Canada.ca

IRCC :

" Due to COVID-19, we’re experiencing processing delays. We’re prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions.

Express Entry applications
Last updated: August 31, 2021
Canadian Experience Class applications
We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
February 7 and 13, 2021
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it. "

Reactions: saly118