+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

KADER9297

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Did you receive a separate letter?
I got both info (SA+VO) in the same letter and you can see below... I think you'll get a separate letter for VO.

"Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on
behalf of (PA) and family (if applicable).

We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.

Reminder
– Your undertaking is an unconditional promise of support

The undertaking you signed is an unconditional promise to financially support and provide basic
requirements for your sponsored relative(s). This undertaking is not broken by such changes as the
granting of Canadian citizenship, divorce, separation, relationship breakdown, moving to another
province, or a change in your financial situation. Your obligations as a sponsor begin as soon as your
sponsored relative and, if applicable, their accompanying family members become permanent residents
of Canada. This undertaking cannot be cancelled once permanent resident visas are issued to them.

The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to the visa office in
London for further processing.

Visa Office Contact Information

Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you must email the visa office listed above
directly using the “IRCC Web Form”. This form is found in the “Enquiries” section of the specific visa
office’s link located on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp"

Reactions: febi

tsegereda

Feb 16, 2020
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
Anyone here with additional Medical requests? I mean did they ask you to do some extra tests even after submitting initial medical results
Yes, my husband had to get an additional x-ray because the first was not clear. Some of the people in the waiting room were having to do sputum tests for TB. Hope it goes quickly for you!

SubnormalFever

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
I got both info (SA+VO) in the same letter and you can see below... I think you'll get a separate letter for VO.

"Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on
behalf of (PA) and family (if applicable).

We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.

Reminder
– Your undertaking is an unconditional promise of support

The undertaking you signed is an unconditional promise to financially support and provide basic
requirements for your sponsored relative(s). This undertaking is not broken by such changes as the
granting of Canadian citizenship, divorce, separation, relationship breakdown, moving to another
province, or a change in your financial situation. Your obligations as a sponsor begin as soon as your
sponsored relative and, if applicable, their accompanying family members become permanent residents
of Canada. This undertaking cannot be cancelled once permanent resident visas are issued to them.

The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to the visa office in
London for further processing.

Visa Office Contact Information

Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you must email the visa office listed above
directly using the “IRCC Web Form”. This form is found in the “Enquiries” section of the specific visa
office’s link located on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp"
Yes this is their new way of being "transparent" post-COVID. All of us have recently been receiving the same letter.

Reactions: Preenamit

Tonyguitar

Feb 22, 2020
The end of the road for me, just wanted to let you guys know that resources here have helped me a lot in this process so thank you so much to those that contribute. Stay hopeful and I pray you are reunited with you family soon.
Sent docs: January 30, 2020
AOR: February 11, 2020
CSQ request: February 20, 2020
Docs for CSQ sent: March 3, 2020
CSQ AOR: July 11, 2020
CSQ Approved: September 15, 2020
CSQ Received by mail: September 22, 2020
Pre-arrival services letter: October 1, 2020
Medical Request: October 1, 2020
Medical done: October 2, 2020
Medical passed on CIC: October 6, 2020
Decision Made ECAS: October 8, 2020
Passport request: October 8, 2020
Passport received at VO East Africa : October 14, 2020
Passport returned: October 28, 2020
Application Completed GCkey: October 28, 2020

SubnormalFever

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
We just received DM today and pre arrival services. Application received feb 20, AOR 1 March 5, and then nothing until mid September. I am a Canadian citizen and my husband is from the US. VO is CPC Ottawa.
We have almost the same timeline!
Application received February 20th
AOR1 March 2nd
Nothing until September 4th
Nothing from then!

Now here's the main difference... wife is from Lebanon! Aha!

Reactions: Ksavier

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
We have almost the same timeline!
Application received February 20th
AOR1 March 2nd
Nothing until September 4th
Nothing from then!

Now here's the main difference... wife is from Lebanon! Aha!
Ugh! It’s so crazy how they flow through certain applications and others not. Fingers crossed you hear ASAP!!!!

Reactions: umssyed

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Same here. App received on Feb 24th, 2020.
Nothing since then. Got 2 ghost updates on my wife's application but that's it.

No SA, no Biometrics request, no Medicals, nothing.

Got 2 sets of GCMS notes with nothing started.

Called IRCC and was told that my eligibility (sponsor's) was in the process of being assessed. 1.5 months has passed since then and it's still in process.

SubnormalFever

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Same here. App received on Feb 24th, 2020.
Nothing since then. Got 2 ghost updates on my wife's application but that's it.

No SA, no Biometrics request, no Medicals, nothing.

Got 2 sets of GCMS notes with nothing started.

Called IRCC and was told that my eligibility (sponsor's) was in the process of being assessed. 1.5 months has passed since then and it's still in process.
Wow...

vvenancio

Dec 12, 2019
Hello everyone.

Finally after having Decision Made on ECAS I received an email with an update and my application is approved on my CIC account!

I can see the COPR number on my account, I don't if I'll receive it in my mail, I'm currently in Canada and still waiting for a response regarding Virtual Landing.

Good luck everyone!

vvenancio

Dec 12, 2019
Hello everyone.

Finally after having Decision Made on ECAS I received an email with an update and my application is approved on my CIC account!

I can see the COPR number on my account, I don't if I'll receive it in my mail, I'm currently in Canada and still waiting for a response regarding Virtual Landing.

Good luck everyone!
Just checked ECAS and I am a Permanent Resident already it says that I entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC and became a PR yesterday! Didn't have to go to Portugal and back to Canada.