+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

srinipunna

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
I got my Sponsor Approval letter in the mail to my address yesterday. Does anyone know if NDVO is working? My file moved to NDVO..

brolindevine

Dec 7, 2019
I seem to be behind most of you in the process, minus a couple folks. I asked my MP to look into it and he got this response from them:

We can provide you with the following details for your constituent about the status of an application to sponsor a spouse living outside Canada:

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on February 25, 2020.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements is still in process..
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant is still in process.
  • The medical examination results have not been requested for the applicant(s).
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • As per our current processing times, most applications in this category are processed in a timeframe of 12 months. Various factors can affect the time it takes to process an application. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application.
I was starting to wonder if they'd just lost my application, so I guess it's a plus that they still know I exist...

Reactions: khairagurbir

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
If my files has been has been transferred to VO, what does this mean?
Exactly what you just said. It's been transferred to the Applicants Visa Office for further processing...

Siska1

Aug 14, 2020
Hi! I was wondering if you applied outland and you are just waiting for the decision if my husband can come to Canada and does not have to go back to Mexico passport office if we get a decision made?
Getting a little nervous about the second wave over here...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi! I was wondering if you applied outland and you are just waiting for the decision if my husband can come to Canada and does not have to go back to Mexico passport office if we get a decision made?
Getting a little nervous about the second wave over here...
If he can get into Canada, they are currently doing the COPR issuance in Canada, so he wouldn't need to go back (in fact currently doing virtual landings so 'direct' to PR card, but timing uncertain). Advise them of address in Canada. There are other threads on this and experience of other members recently.

Siska1

Aug 14, 2020
If he can get into Canada, they are currently doing the COPR issuance in Canada, so he wouldn't need to go back (in fact currently doing virtual landings so 'direct' to PR card, but timing uncertain). Advise them of address in Canada. There are other threads on this and experience of other members recently.
This is the best news I have heard since March. Thank you for giving me hope!!!

• Love
Reactions: Preenamit

Siska1

Aug 14, 2020
This is the best news I have heard since March. Thank you for giving me hope!!!
I cant find the threads on it. I was also wondering about health insurance while they are waiting. Does Canada help with that or do you have to purchase it. Thank you so much!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I cant find the threads on it. I was also wondering about health insurance while they are waiting. Does Canada help with that or do you have to purchase it. Thank you so much!
This is the thread.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/virtual-landing-copr-pr-card.702911/page-6#post-8954351

Would need own insurance. You should check about whether it needs to be covid coverage (I think some provinces are covering this). And of course visa/eta, that's why I said if he can get in.

$hwetaD

May 16, 2020
Yes, my husband had to get an additional x-ray because the first was not clear. Some of the people in the waiting room were having to do sputum tests for TB. Hope it goes quickly for you!
@tsegereda when did you submit your husband's additional report? Did your Medical status changed to passed after submitting additional details?
I submitted my additional reports in May. My TB tests are negative, still it has not updated to passed yet. I checked with some other applicants, who are waiting around 7 months for status change to passed after additional report submission.
Can you please share me your dates?