+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

Bourne24

Nov 12, 2018
Hey! Sorry about the refusal. How much time did they take to process? I am applying for my wife's TRV next week. IRCC issued guidelines on April 30th or in May that being with family member during this pandemic is essential travel. I am working with a consultant this time.
Can we apply for a TRV if our spousal application for PR is under process?

Elaha

Feb 21, 2020
Any update Feb applicants?
17th Feb my application for spousal sponsorship has been sent to Sydney niva scotia but no update yet.
I'm so stressed our representatives has told it may take 45-60 days to get AOR1 approx but it's been 82days.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Hey! Sorry about the refusal. How much time did they take to process? I am applying for my wife's TRV next week. IRCC issued guidelines on April 30th or in May that being with family member during this pandemic is essential travel. I am working with a consultant this time.
Is that right? As you can see, the subject of the letter from IRCC is “ Request to be exempt from Canada’s Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification”. My request was rejected even though my wife qualifies for not one buy 2 reasons. 1. Spouse of a Canadian Citizen 2. Family member of the Canadian Armed Forces. The travel exemption mentions(ed) both at the time of the online application submission.

Can you please prove more info on your findings? What makes you think your wife will be exempt when my wife clearly was not. What do you know that we don’t?

Online application submitted 24 APR, letter above dated 7 MAY. TRV applicant still in progress in GCKey.

Empsam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
TRV Application Update:

"2020-05-07
Subject: Request to be exempt from Canada’s Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification
Dear XXXXX,
Your request to be exempt from the restrictions to travel to Canada listed in the Interim Order to Prevent Certain Persons from Boarding Flights to Canada due to COVID 19, no.3, under section 3(1)(b) of the Order in Council, Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country other than the United States) has been refused.
Based on our assessment of the information you provided and the information in our system, we have not found that you meet the immediate family member exemption. In particular,
 the purpose of your travel is of an optional or discretionary nature.
o The travel restrictions apply to all travel of an optional or discretionary nature
Please note that, as you are not exempt from the restrictions to travel to Canada, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada, as you will be prevented from boarding your flight and/or entering Canada.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.canada.ca/immigration"

I'm at a loss for words right now. I didn't even get SA for sponsorship application. AR 11 FEB...
We received the same exact letter letter. Same date, same reasons for refusal.

• Angry
Reactions: CDNsoldier

Empsam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Is that right? As you can see, the subject of the letter from IRCC is “ Request to be exempt from Canada’s Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification”. My request was rejected even though my wife qualifies for not one buy 2 reasons. 1. Spouse of a Canadian Citizen 2. Family member of the Canadian Armed Forces. The travel exemption mentions(ed) both at the time of the online application submission.

Can you please prove more info on your findings? What makes you think your wife will be exempt when my wife clearly was not. What do you know that we don’t?

Online application submitted 24 APR, letter above dated 7 MAY. TRV applicant still in progress in GCKey.
From the exemption checklist my husband qualifies. Even CIC agent confirmed that. But i believe the true reason for refusal is bcus alot of ppl started applying. I saw on CBSA new update no foreign nationals will be allowed in unless youre a doctor or bringing medical supplies. When i saw the update, i knew TRV will be refused (still processing but put on hold).

Empsam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
April 30th?? Nope, they just updated again May 5. No TRV during this time will be allowed in/exempt.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
We received the same exact letter letter. Same date, same reasons for refusal.
I’m sorry to her that Ma’am.

You see how unsympathetic, rude and misleading these call centre agents are? No offence, most of them sound like they haven’t been in Canada for more than a few year and now they have control of our futures.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Empsam

Empsam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
I’m sorry to her that Ma’am.

You see how unsympathetic, rude and misleading these call centre agents are? No offence, most of them some like that haven’t been in Canada for more than a few year and now they have control of our futures.
Yep. Very misleading! Imagine being a nurse and you a soldier and they have no compassion for us. I cried all day when my husband got the letter. I cant wait for the borders to reopen, im taking the kids and im gone until sponsorship is final. They cant fire me anyways.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Yep. Very misleading! Imagine being a nurse and you a soldier and they have no compassion for us. I cried all day when my husband got the letter. I cant wait for the borders to reopen, im taking the kids and im gone until sponsorship is final. They cant fire me anyways.
At lest you can do that. The CAF will not authorize any annual leave or allow us to leave Canada “until further notice”. Totally understandable. I have 25 days of leave and I can’t visit my wife and my Gov won’t let her visit me.

Empsam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
At lest you can do that. The CAF will not authorize any annual leave or allow us to leave Canada “until further notice”. Totally understandable. I have 25 days of leave and I can’t visit my wife and my Gov won’t let her visit me.
I was scheduled for my medical leave back in March but postponed becus of Covid. When i go into work on sunday i will take it. Its 3 months. Hopefully borders open soon, maybe around July-August, then go meet my husband. By the time my leave is up sponsorship should be close to DM.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
I was scheduled for my medical leave back in March but postponed becus of Covid. When i go into work on sunday i will take it. Its 3 months. Hopefully borders open soon, maybe around July-August, then go meet my husband. By the time my leave is up sponsorship should be close to DM.
All the best. Keep you head up and be safe for your family. Keep us (me) posted please.

Reactions: Empsam