CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
$500 fee increase?
Apparently the fee has been the same since 2002. Again, if IRCC was a for profit business, it would be bankrupt in 2003 for not raising fees every year according to demand and inflation! Who do you think pays for the off-set?? Anyone that works legally. Even though the fees we pay are suppose FULLY support sponsorship operations. Mind blown!

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
“Permanent resident processing fees for economic class applicants are generally being increased by 50 per cent as follows:

Principal applicants of the Economic business class (self-employed, start-up visa, Quebec investor, Quebec entrepreneur, and Quebec self-employed) will increase from $1,050 to $1,575;
Principal applicants in the economic non-business class will go up from $550 to $825. This increase will not apply to principal applicants and their families in the Caregivers programs, which will remain unchanged;
Fees for spouses or common-law partners of all economic classes will go up from $550 to $825;
Fees for dependent children of all economic classes will go up from $150 to $225;
The right of permanent resident fee will increase from $490 to $500, which is an increase of two per cent.”

I may have misread folks. My bad.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Denying TRV spousal visas is a long standing IRCC tradition.
Now the best thing to do in our situation (as Canadian Citizens) and circumstances allow, is to fly and stay with our spouses in their home country, as soon as international borders open up, or if IRCC begins processing...whichever comes first. Go be with your spouse says Canada, nobody stopping you! Win-Win.
Lol how abt the obligations we have in Canada? How about source of income? In all honesty, if I can earn in Vietnam want I earn in Canada or equivalent. I would be an expat in a hart beat! I can’t stand some of the time and money wasting rules and regulations gov agencies have in our country. Bureaucracy on top of bureaucracy. Some are justifiable most are overkill.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Hi, Great suggestions, you have the freedom and choice to take initiative to create Petition along with framed email letters and post to all Spousal Forum.
I’m not the the best when it comes to administration. I still type with my index finger haha.

Any takers?

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
I have a same expectation for this COVID-19 unknown waiting period from IRCC. I have sent email to our New Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino. If he come to know our painful situations that might push to think to have our spouse with us for this time being.his email address is below :
IRCC.Minister-Ministre.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Let's hope for the best!
Pls keep us posted. Threads are useless without follow up.

Reactions: aababuji

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Haha That's what Canada is all about my friend- choose your poison. Take a year off work.
Then again, you seem to be unfortunate that you still got no SA, did you find out why?
I wish I can take a year off work. Due to my line of work, I can’t even take vacation now and even if I did, I’m not allowed to leave Canada. That’s the price of serving your counter my friend.

I called the rude ass agent at the call centre. I asked him if my eligibility review has started, he said no. I asked him to explain to me why my eligibility review hasn’t started, he said it will start when it starts (wow). People applying after me have already got SA. He said not to compare other people’s file to mine. I can understand if other people are getting the SA while they review my eligibility but they’re not even reviewing my file yet. What should I do?

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
I guess he didn't want to say- Oh that's because your file landed on Officer Slow Poke Rodriguez , slowest work mouse at the intake center.
Sounds crazy but perhaps withdraw your application, and reapply- make sure to address ATTN: IRCC Officer Speedy Gonzales.
I requested GCMS. We’ll see how Mr. slow-poke works. I also sent a letter to the manage of CPC-Sydney, no reply yet. It’s been a month since the sent the latter.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
You know I think I Jinxed you. Cause we are same day AR and I remember thinking oh this Canadian Soldier dude for sure will be the first guy processed cause he works for Canada.
Hahaha and has a level 2 security clearance (secret).

The irony is that the “officer(s)” most likely has a lower clearance (ERS) than me. I used to run security checks for recruit applicants on WEB SCPS. I feel like going to Sydney, jacking up the officer that’s working (not) on my file and tell the person to step aside and show them a thing or two on fine management. [FACEPALM].

I can’t imagine Armed Forces recruiting being less complex than immigration file processing. Yes BGC are sensitive and cumbersome, but IRCC doesn’t run them, they initiate the check and CSIS/RCMP does the leg work. This kind of back and forth style ( not processing files in the order they were received) of processing would not be tolerated in military recruiting. Why are they working ok Feb inland when there are still pre Feb In and outland applications pending process?

Understanding IRCC’s method of processing is almost like trying the understand a women lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Danik

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
Pls keep us posted. Threads are useless without follow up.
Sorry my buddies, No luck but hold on to our hope tightly ! I appreciated Minister Marco's attention and his time to replied me as below:

behalf of the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, I wish to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence.

Unfortunately, the Minister’s schedule cannot accommodate your request at this time. However, if you would like to find out more information about Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), I encourage you to visit the IRCC Website, or the online Help Centre.

Thank you for having taken the time to write.

Ministerial Enquiries Division

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Reactions: CDNsoldier

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
I hate to disappoint you but that was an automated response LOL.
If you send 10000000 emails, you will get the same answer....
Look if by July, they don't go back to work, just pack your suitcase and fly to be with your spouse....don't count on IRCC compassion, is like trying to get compassion from a brick wall.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. If by July we are still kept in the dark, we should start contacting media and social media outlets to get answers.

CTV’s Pat Foran: https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/more/bios/pat-foran-1.282277

Reactions: rrss13

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Sorry my buddies, No luck but hold on to our hope tightly ! I appreciated Minister Marco's attention and his time to replied me as below:

behalf of the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, I wish to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence.

Unfortunately, the Minister’s schedule cannot accommodate your request at this time. However, if you would like to find out more information about Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), I encourage you to visit the IRCC Website, or the online Help Centre.

Thank you for having taken the time to write.

Ministerial Enquiries Division

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Thanks for trying and getting back to us my dude!

Hoprooter

Feb 18, 2018
Hold your Horses Guys. I see how we started to concentrate our thoughts on the issue at hand and then again went all over the place.

I see people here have persuasive writing skills. Let's draft a request to the honorable ministry to work towards faster processing of the files or at least grant the respective spouses TRV. My single point agenda at the moment is faster family reunification. The times are anyways stressful enough, let this not add to the anxiety.

Hoprooter

Feb 18, 2018
Hey all. Havent posted in a while. Just an update for you all.
Well, ive been on hold for over half n hour with CIC waiting to talk to someone.
Im a nurse here in Toronto. Last week i applied for TRV for my spouse, since theres no movement on sponsorship since March. My babysitter is sick, therefore i have no one else to take care of our kids. In TRV application purpose of travel i explained the situation and basically my husband purpose of travel is an essential.
He will be home taking care of our kids while i am at work. I have been doing 12hr shifts since this pandemic. 60% of my coworkers already tested positive. I stated my husband will stay home with the kids and i will stay at hotel with other coworkers, bcus we also have a vulnerable child. So i decided to stay away until i take LOA.
This morning we got biometric request. But the VAC is closed until May 18th, and the airline that goes to VAC country flights suspended until May 19th. My husband booked flight for June 18th. Good thing about that is the VAC country is his citizenship country, so he can be at home with his parents until he gets bio appmt. His country of residence is on lockdown due to covid. He is a chef there.
Everyday i cry, becus i risk my life going to work and love my job. I just cant stay home while my country needs me. It sucks my husband is not here, its depressing for me and our children as well. I last saw my husband in december. Every 6mnths he buys me ticket to visit. Now bcus of covid im not sure when we will see each other. We had to cancel flights we had booked for july vacation. I pray and cry everyday he gets TRV approved and for movement on sponsorship. I pray for all of us here. We dont deserve to be going through this pandemic without our spouses.
I feel for you. It'll get better soon and you're a Hero.