Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Only expect faster processing after june 31st and that too if corona situation is in control.

chopsticks90

Jul 18, 2019
Hi guys.
For our spouse visa we applied 15th feb. My wife gave biometrics 19th feb in Melbourne.
Biometrics completed.
Now status is reviewing background and we have had no movement.

Hoping its still moving for everyone waiting.

Mistersponsor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
Hi guys.
For our spouse visa we applied 15th feb. My wife gave biometrics 19th feb in Melbourne.
Biometrics completed.
Now status is reviewing background and we have had no movement.

Hoping its still moving for everyone waiting.
When was your status changed to “ reviewing background” for you ?

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Why is the government keeping quiet about processing? We need to find out if they are planning contingency action for processing apps. ( Work remotely, etc)
They are not returning new applications nor have they shut down their application websites, so pretty soon they will have a huge backlog when/if they resume processing. This is so irresponsible of them.
They are not irresponsible and they are not keeping quiet about the application. That is common sense to know that there is pandemic right??? Government officials/workers/people/students instructed to stay at home. They said into their website that there will be a delay due to COVID-19 so please be patient, you're not alone. We have our thoughts, but the last say will be the IRCC.

Last edited:
Reactions: abitan and aababuji

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Guys, if you all vote for me as your New PM of Canada, I promise to change the system so all Applications will be 6 months or LESS.
[/QUOTE
Guys, if you all vote for me as your New PM of Canada, I promise to change the system so all Applications will be 6 months or LESS.
Maybe, Local Canadians might have protested. They might feel they were in an apocalypse era. Kidding aside. I read an article about the immigration process of IRCC (not official) that they noticed ircc are always improving nor changing the rules, requirements and expanding different programs within 6months. It means they are trying or they are in the process of making the immigration process become faster. Did you notice that applications of December, January, February are quite faster? It's just been delayed due to covid19. Maybe if it's not delayed, were might get our passport request already and fly out as soon as possible. Did you ever think about, what if you are positive, do you want to be with your loved ones and spread the virus to the people whom you encounter? Why you don't understand? You always seem to complain about the process, what if you just apply as an ircc officer and let you process all the applications on your own? Yes, it was easy to say that you will change the system on the immigration but you will also focus everything in your country. If you're the PM what will you do about this covid19 pandemic? How do you improve the programs and services by the the provincial and territorial government regarding health care, education and taxes of every state?
Guys, throw some questions to our aspiring Prime Minister of Canada.

Sukhsehj50

Mar 21, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2010
Doc's Request.
15-05-2010
AOR Received.
05-07-2010 Real in Process 18-01-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Submitted alongwith initial app.
File Transfer...
27-05-2010
Med's Request
25-01-2013 (bulk mail not received)
Med's Done....
5th June, 2013
Interview........
Probably waived with grace of Waheguru
Passport Req..
Passport & other documents sent on 5th June,2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on 13th September, 2013 PPT received by my consultant on 19th September,2013
LANDED..........
10th November, 2013
Maybe, Local Canadians might have protested. They might feel they were in an apocalypse era. Kidding aside. I read an article about the immigration process of IRCC (not official) that they noticed ircc are always improving nor changing the rules, requirements and expanding different programs within 6months. It means they are trying or they are in the process of making the immigration process become faster. Did you notice that applications of December, January, February are quite faster? It's just been delayed due to covid19. Maybe if it's not delayed, were might get our passport request already and fly out as soon as possible. Did you ever think about, what if you are positive, do you want to be with your loved ones and spread the virus to the people whom you encounter? Why you don't understand? You always seem to complain about the process, what if you just apply as an ircc officer and let you process all the applications on your own? Yes, it was easy to say that you will change the system on the immigration but you will also focus everything in your country. If you're the PM what will you do about this covid19 pandemic? How do you improve the programs and services by the the provincial and territorial government regarding health care, education and taxes of every state?
Guys, throw some questions to our aspiring Prime Minister of Canada.
Dear Dainik Sir,
Heartily wish, you become the future Prime Minster of Canada. You know the relationship between husband and wife is pious in Indian culture. It is an emotional bonding and a unique relation apart from all other relations viz a viz father, mother, brother, sister , grand father, grand mother and all other near and dear ones. Just imagine which I think Canadian authorities cannot realise, that you are keeping apart newly wedded couples apart for months together. On one hand Canadian Authorities talk about reuniting the families, like grandparents/parents but on the other hand normal processing time for spouse visa, shown on IRCC website was more than 12 months which is increasing due to covid 19 pandemic and no body knows when this waiting period will end. In the present scenario, in my opinion the Canadian authorities should review the Spouse Visa policy afresh. To fast track the process, spouse visa applications, the following steps should be taken:

1) All spouse visa applications, where the sponsor is eligible, should be granted spouse visa till the application is in process.
2) Due verification/thorough scrutiny be done in due course, including back ground check and all other enquiries.
3).If any one is found guilty/attempting to play a fraud, stringent legal action be taken against the couple.

Canadian authorities are already empowered to take action against such unscrupulous delinquents, under the Canadian laws

You will get blessings of many many young couples, who are stranded and waiting to meet their loved ones, due to the lethargic and unconducive process for grant of Spouse Visa. It will be great if you can manage to convey this message to the concerned authorities responsible for policy changes.

Thanks & Regards,

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
Dear Dainik Sir,
Heartily wish, you become the future Prime Minster of Canada. You know the relationship between husband and wife is pious in Indian culture. It is an emotional bonding and a unique relation apart from all other relations viz a viz father, mother, brother, sister , grand father, grand mother and all other near and dear ones. Just imagine which I think Canadian authorities cannot realise, that you are keeping apart newly wedded couples apart for months together. On one hand Canadian Authorities talk about reuniting the families, like grandparents/parents but on the other hand normal processing time for spouse visa, shown on IRCC website was more than 12 months which is increasing due to covid 19 pandemic and no body knows when this waiting period will end. In the present scenario, in my opinion the Canadian authorities should review the Spouse Visa policy afresh. To fast track the process, spouse visa applications, the following steps should be taken:

1) All spouse visa applications, where the sponsor is eligible, should be granted spouse visa till the application is in process.
2) Due verification/thorough scrutiny be done in due course, including back ground check and all other enquiries.
3).If any one is found guilty/attempting to play a fraud, stringent legal action be taken against the couple.

Canadian authorities are already empowered to take action against such unscrupulous delinquents, under the Canadian laws

You will get blessings of many many young couples, who are stranded and waiting to meet their loved ones, due to the lethargic and unconducive process for grant of Spouse Visa. It will be great if you can manage to convey this message to the concerned authorities responsible for policy changes.

Thanks & Regards,
I have a same expectation for this COVID-19 unknown waiting period from IRCC. I have sent email to our New Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino. If he come to know our painful situations that might push to think to have our spouse with us for this time being.his email address is below :
IRCC.Minister-Ministre.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Let's hope for the best!

Rushie38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
I have a same expectation for this COVID-19 unknown waiting period from IRCC. I have sent email to our New Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino. If he come to know our painful situations that might push to think to have our spouse with us for this time being.his email address is below :

Let's hope for the best!
Thanks for sharing the email address. I feel if we raise our voice all together, maybe the govt would take some action.

Reactions: aababuji

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship

Let's hope for the best!
Someone should start a petition. And we can all sign. Or draft an email that we call all send to Minister Mendidino.

It blows my mind that inland applications submitted after my AOR1 are getting more attention than outland applications. Inland couples are already TOGETHER! IMO top priority processing at the current situation should ONLY be outland spousal, dependent children and vernabke people.

The fact that in progress filer are paused for the most part, but they keep accepting new applications. Accepting new applications mens pulling man power from processing files, to file intake (mail room). IRCC is also giving false hope to those that send applications post March 15th.

IRCC is all over the place. The only reason I see IRCC accepting applicants even though old applicants aren’t moving is because each application comes with cash. And as of yesterday spousal sponsorship fee is $1575!

To compound our hardships and stress, IRCC and its infinite wisdom, denies TRVs to spouses of Outland applications! Really?? Might as well immigrate to North Korea or China or Russia! IRCC need to be privatized or at the least revamped severely. If IRCC was a business it would be bankrupt like most gov agencies. [End Rant]

Last edited:

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
Someone should start a petition. And we can all sign. Or draft an email that we call all send to Minister Mendidino.

It blows my mind that inland applications submitted after my AOR1 are getting more attention than outland applications. Inland couples are already TOGETHER! IMO top priority processing at the current situation should ONLY be outland spousal, dependent children and vernabke people.

The fact that in progress filer are paused for the most part, but they keep accepting new applications. Accepting new applications mens pulling man power from processing files, to file intake (mail room). IRCC is also giving false hope to those that send applications post March 15th.

IRCC is all over the place. The only reason I see IRCC accepting applicants even though old applicants aren’t moving is because each application comes with cash. And as of yesterday spousal sponsorship fee is $1575!
Hi, Great suggestions, you have the freedom and choice to take initiative to create Petition along with framed email letters and post to all Spousal Forum.

Reactions: CDNsoldier