+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

blaze123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Yep. Very misleading! Imagine being a nurse and you a soldier and they have no compassion for us. I cried all day when my husband got the letter. I cant wait for the borders to reopen, im taking the kids and im gone until sponsorship is final. They cant fire me anyways.
I'm really sorry to hear that Ma'am. As the PR processing has been impacted due to the pandemic was hoping at least TRV's won't be rejected now, but it looks otherwise. How long one can stay out of Canada if an Spousal Outland Sponsorship is in process?

frisbee2017

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Is that right? As you can see, the subject of the letter from IRCC is “ Request to be exempt from Canada’s Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification”. My request was rejected even though my wife qualifies for not one buy 2 reasons. 1. Spouse of a Canadian Citizen 2. Family member of the Canadian Armed Forces. The travel exemption mentions(ed) both at the time of the online application submission.

Can you please prove more info on your findings? What makes you think your wife will be exempt when my wife clearly was not. What do you know that we don’t?

Online application submitted 24 APR, letter above dated 7 MAY. TRV applicant still in progress in GCKey.
I am sorry, IRCC was cheeky! They updated the page to remove the "Family reunification" clause from the instructions. I realized this when I was about to submit the visa for my spouse. I reviewed the page and it was gone! I am not applying for TRV until they add the family reunification thing back

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions/non-optional-non-discretionary.html

Mar 20, 2020
Hi All,
My application was delivered to Sydney office on 21st Feb. Till now I haven't got any response. I contacted cic through web form and their reply is - "For the moment, we cannot confirm if your application was received by the responsible office yet.When a document or an application is received by IRCC, it can take several days and weeks before the information is updated on file. We invite you to refer to the tracking number that the postal service provider has provided you for more details on the delivery of your application. "

I have the tracker id for Canada Post and it confirms that the application was delivered. I shared all that info on the web form and I got above reply.

Are there any chances of getting the application misplaced? I am ok to wait based on the current situation but I wish I don't have to send the application again afterwards.

Kalsiharjot

Star Member
Dec 30, 2016
Hi Guyz,

Just wondering about the status meaning as mentioned below:

Application recieved of Feb 17, 2020.
Biometrics and medical passed: April 3.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • April 3, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • March 12, 2020 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Elaha

Feb 21, 2020

Hi All,
My application was delivered to Sydney office on 21st Feb. Till now I haven't got any response. I contacted cic through web form and their reply is - "For the moment, we cannot confirm if your application was received by the responsible office yet.When a document or an application is received by IRCC, it can take several days and weeks before the information is updated on file. We invite you to refer to the tracking number that the postal service provider has provided you for more details on the delivery of your application. "

I have the tracker id for Canada Post and it confirms that the application was delivered. I shared all that info on the web form and I got above reply.

Are there any chances of getting the application misplaced? I am ok to wait based on the current situation but I wish I don't have to send the application again afterwards.
Same situation my application was delivered Feb 17th no response yet. Still waiting v stressed but unfortunately dint have any other way except wait.

Elaha

Feb 21, 2020
Hi Guyz,

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
How fast you r so lucky my application was delivered on 1l7th feb 2020 too bir I didnt even get an AOR1 yet

kentucky_mule

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Hi Buddy,
thanking you for the reply.
It says about eligibility, but I had an email that meant I had passsed the eligibilty criteria...which creates a doubt...
I think one is sponsors eligibility to sponsor a spouse and the other is spouses eligibility which is shown in your CIC account and about sponsors eligibility you get a letter or email where a decision is made early on in the process.

Reactions: farazal

Mistersponsor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
Hi Guyz,

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
That is quite fast, good for you.

Did you send your file to CIC Sydney or Mississauga ?

There are multiple people here who sent their complete apps before yours and they still have not even received their AOR1 or any correspondence. This process sounds anything but fair and haphazardly put together.

Last edited:

Hoprooter

Feb 18, 2018
For a nation like ours that takes such proud in humanity and civility, this leg of Immigration is an epitome of misfortune. I know these things are technical and have challenges of its own but if a student visa can be approved in a matter of days, what's the issue here?

There's no bigger sin then robbing someone off their companions during the most beautiful time of their lives. If it's difficult to grant Residency in a haste, at least don't deny a Temporary Visa. This is extremely cruel.

bhattrohan

Mar 7, 2020
Hi this is what it says when I check status. My question is - is this something that everyone sees? Particularly my concern is point number 2. Where it is asking me to provide information. But as far as I am concerned we have provided all the information. Any insight from the group will be appreciated.

1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 13, 2020.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on March 11, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Hi this is what it says when I check status. My question is - is this something that everyone sees? Particularly my concern is point number 2. Where it is asking me to provide information. But as far as I am concerned we have provided all the information. Any insight from the group will be appreciated.

1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 13, 2020.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on March 11, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
Yes this is standard once the office has requested your medical and the next line shows they have received the ‘requested information’. The line above won’t change.

Reactions: bhattrohan