+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

sherinv

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Hi Members,

Just received a visa ready email and no update on the status.
My wife n daughter are India and now have to get their passport, photo, letter and eye color with height being couriered to VFS.
Can someone please shed some light on the steps and process.

Feb 2020, outland applicant.

Appreciate your support.

which visa office? NDVO ?

Reactions: Kalsiharjot

Kalsiharjot

Star Member
Dec 30, 2016
congrats! you are pretty much done. check VFS global website for their requirements or https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html

sometimes they might charge you a visa processing fee to get visa stamped unless biometrics are done recently. email them and find out if you need to pay anything. with COVID, they might charge a fee to courier back to you.
Appreciate the information provided, thankyou.

rkuma145

Mar 22, 2017
Hi Everyone - After waiting for more than a year. I finally received an email from IRCC today requesting for additional photographs from my wedding, Birth Certificate of my wife as well as a new medical request.

The email states that printed photographs needs to be sent to IRCC however the same email mentions that the documents either needs to be uploaded to her My CIC account or an IRCC email ID or using a web form.

Please can someone who has been requested to submit additional photographs advise if the photos can be uploaded over her CIC account or the photos needs to be printed and mailed to IRCC.

Additionally, any ideas how long the process may take from here provided all the required documents are submitted within a weeks time.

Details : Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada
-- Primary Applicant : Wife (Based out of India)
-- Application Submitted : 13th Feb 2020.
-- Sponsorship Approval : 05th March 2020
-- 1st Medicals Submission : 13th March 2020.

Thank you in advance.

abbhilash

Jan 22, 2015
Hi friends ,Today my wife received a call from ndvo , but she was unable to answer due to some reasons . Totally there were six missed calls in-between 10:54am to 11:20 am. But the good thing is we received an biometrics request email at 11:23 am. I still wonder the call was meant for what , coz she already done with phone interview in the month of Feb 2021 and received pre - arrival service letter on the very next day of interview.

Dhillon1988

Dec 3, 2019
Feb 2020 applicant.( Outland spousal PR)
Aor1 , biometrics, medical - feb 2020
File moved to NDVO in March 2020
Aor2- feb 2021
Remedical - June 2021
DM- July 2021
After that nothing.
How long does it take to get PPR? Getting anxious

Kalsiharjot

Star Member
Dec 30, 2016
Feb 2020 applicant.( Outland spousal PR)
Aor1 , biometrics, medical - feb 2020
File moved to NDVO in March 2020
Aor2- feb 2021
Remedical - June 2021
DM- July 2021
After that nothing.
How long does it take to get PPR? Getting anxious
Hi,

VFS in India are open and they are working on the files from Feb 2020 applicants.
You should be able to hear something in the coming time.
Wondering there could be people with visa stamped to able to travel because of flight restrictions, how would one sort that part ?
Food for thought.

Dhillon1988

Dec 3, 2019
Hi,

VFS in India are open and they are working on the files from Feb 2020 applicants.
Wondering there could be people with visa stamped to able to travel because of flight restrictions, how would one sort that part ?
Food for thought.
Hi,

Food for thought.
hopefully canada will lift flight restrictions in late august/ early September.
I have read other people’s submission where they’re waiting for PPR since DM in March 2021 I hope I won’t have to wait that long.

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
need urgent help.

My wife first wife sent me a declaration of divorce in 2017 and I never sponsor my first wife. i never went to the court for my first marriage dissolution (because i was living in canada but she sent me a declaration of divorce by post. now this is my second marriage and I am sponsoring my second wife . I submitted the declaration of divorce which one i got it from first wife with the PR application in february, 2020 to dpondor my second wife. but yesterday i got the email and they asked to submit divorce certificate.
now they asking three document , complete divorce petition, judgement, and final divorce decree.

i do not what to do. please help me i have one month to submit the divorce decree.

thank you in advance, i am too tense now, plz help me

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
need urgent help.

My wife first wife sent me a declaration of divorce in 2017 and I never sponsor my first wife. i never went to the court for my first marriage dissolution (because i was living in canada but she sent me a declaration of divorce by post. now this is my second marriage and I am sponsoring my second wife . I submitted the declaration of divorce which one i got it from first wife with the PR application in february, 2020 to dpondor my second wife. but yesterday i got the email and they asked to submit divorce certificate.
now they asking three document , complete divorce petition, judgement, and final divorce decree.

i do not what to do. please help me i have one month to submit the divorce decree.

thank you in advance, i am too tense now, plz help me
Go to the courts and apply for it. If the divorce was done in Canada they will have records of it they can give you at a cost of course.

You were supposed to submit the official certificate of divorce originally.

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
Go to the courts and apply for it. If the divorce was done in Canada they will have records of it they can give you at a cost of course.

You were supposed to submit the official certificate of divorce originally.
sorry i missed to mention that the letter is for my wife name, on the top it was mentioned my wife name (applicant). my wife never married before. this is her first marriage. why they are asking on my wife name??
one more thing they never mention that divorce certificate for spouse but they only mention that divorce certificate.

--- S A S (applicant name )
two points in IRCC letter

1)medical request
2)divorce letter ?? i am asking divorce letter for who?? for sponsor or for applicant?

Tacolme

Oct 31, 2020
Hello. March 2020 applicant. Spouse has been in Canada since July 6. Wondering if anyone whose application got approved and spouse landed in May or June have received PR card.
When my spouse landed the estimated processing time for new PR card was 143 days and when I checked today the estimated processing time is down to 50 days.
Wish luck to anyone still waiting for approval. Thank you.

sheikh20

Mar 8, 2021
Hi everyone,

We are Feb 2020 applicants but both I and my wife are in Canada. since we were not living together at the time of application, we were treated as if outland application.

We did not have our Walima because we wanted to do it in Pakistan, but due to COVID no one could travel. When they asked for ADR, we explained this to them why Walima was not done. This was in May 2021. However, we live together now and we gave them this information, including proof of same residence.

Our file moved from london to warsaw. any ideas how to expedite the process?

Markky123

Aug 29, 2021
I had submitted application in February 2020 for my wife overseas and in the same month got request to do medical and biometrics. But then Covid hit and there was complete silence until July 2021. IRCC asked for re-medical and then sent pre-arrival services invitation.
Medical was passed (updated on the website) after 13 days.
Then exactly a week later we received invitation letter for passport submission.
Now we are waiting for VFS's payment link.

I know it can get very anxious due to the silence, but hang in there guys!

Reactions: canadan_