+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

saedabolus

Mar 10, 2020
Yes, you have to pay fees. Follow the instructions on VAC page and look up the fees. Look on vfs page in your country under apply for a visa, click the 'submit a document' subheading.

Right now typically it's passport transmission fee and courier return service (because most are not allowing in-person passport pick up or submission).
Thank you. I see it now, the tab was hidden at top. It’s crazy how we have to pay another 200 dollars just to submit a passport.

saedabolus

Mar 10, 2020
If you submitted biometrics at the same VAC, you might not have to pay.
my wife done biometrics at that VAC in 2019 when she applied for visitor visitor, so she didnt have to redo them. not sure if they will count that to waive the fee? i will email them i guess and find out. thanks for your reply!

Reactions: armoured

Kalsiharjot

Star Member
Dec 30, 2016
Hi Members,

Had applied for my wife's visa, got a pre arrival letter in March, then a remedical, which passed on April 9 and my Daughter medical is valid till November.
Please suggest is there something I need to do. Haven't seen any update after April 9...My family is from India.
Appreciate your time and response.
Thanks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Members,

Had applied for my wife's visa, got a pre arrival letter in March, then a remedical, which passed on April 9 and my Daughter medical is valid till November.
Please suggest is there something I need to do. Haven't seen any update after April 9...My family is from India.
Appreciate your time and response.
Thanks.
There has been a flight ban since April.

Rebelking

Jul 9, 2021
Expand signature
app received: Feb 12, 2020
AOR1: Feb 21, 2020
Bio Request: Feb 21, 2020
Bio Completed: march 9, 2020
Medical Requested: March 4, 2020
Medical Passed: March 13, 2020
File moved to CPO Mississauga on March 14, 2020 ,application in process

waiting........

saedabolus

Mar 10, 2020
Expand signature
app received: Feb 12, 2020
AOR1: Feb 21, 2020
Bio Request: Feb 21, 2020
Bio Completed: march 9, 2020
Medical Requested: March 4, 2020
Medical Passed: March 13, 2020
File moved to CPO Mississauga on March 14, 2020 ,application in process

waiting........

my advice reach your MP to see if they can help. Mine definitely helped me in this situation.

Reactions: Rebelking

Rebelking

Jul 9, 2021
thanks for the reply,
contacted MP office multiple times and got the same message available from the online account through email.

Also applied for a visitor visa on October 4, 2020

no updates on that one too

Kalsiharjot

Star Member
Dec 30, 2016
Hi Members,

Just received a visa ready email and no update on the status.
My wife n daughter are India and now have to get their passport, photo, letter and eye color with height being couriered to VFS.
Can someone please shed some light on the steps and process.

Feb 2020, outland applicant.

Appreciate your support.

Kaine

Aug 18, 2020
Finally after 16 and a half months..

AoR1!

app received feb 13th, 2020
aor1 july 7th 2021
Wow they really taking forever and it's torture. Happy for u. Passed medical.October 2020 and till now dead air. Called rhe ircc and they said doc is sent to Dakar since October..
Apparently Dakar doesn't take cals. And Dakar doesn't reply.emails. 9months since medical

saedabolus

Mar 10, 2020
Hi Members,

Just received a visa ready email and no update on the status.
My wife n daughter are India and now have to get their passport, photo, letter and eye color with height being couriered to VFS.
Can someone please shed some light on the steps and process.

Feb 2020, outland applicant.

Appreciate your support.

congrats! you are pretty much done. check VFS global website for their requirements or https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html

sometimes they might charge you a visa processing fee to get visa stamped unless biometrics are done recently. email them and find out if you need to pay anything. with COVID, they might charge a fee to courier back to you.

Reactions: Kalsiharjot