+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

LATIKA1610

Apr 4, 2019
Hey,
Our file is outland but my husband is in canada on TRV from last 7 months. And we receive PPR on march 19th 2021. No update after that. Is it a good idea to apply for work permit from within canada or waiting for COPR is a better option? Please help me to know whats the best scenario considering the delays due to pandemic. Thanks

Mgats

Oct 4, 2019
Hi ,
I have a doubt regarding the PCC , I submitted my initial application in September 2019, and then re-applied in February 2020. I could notice that PCC document is actually having a validity of only 6 months , whereas our PR processing is taking almost 1 year . In this case the PCC is expired . Is there anyone who have been requested PCC again due to this reason ? Is there a possibility for an application that has passed medical and biometrics stage , to be rejected or requested a latest PCC ? Any comments on this would be helpfull.
Did they ask you for a new PCC?

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Hello everyone,

Its almost been a month since my spouse did her re-medical exam. However, I dont see any update. Anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks

saedabolus

Mar 10, 2020
For police clearance, my wife did a new one in January 2021 (was not submitted yet to VO) and yesterday the VO requested a new one. Does anyone think they will accept one from January 2021 since it hasn’t been 6 months yet?

LATIKA1610

Apr 4, 2019
Hi, my file is outland and I'm in Canada since January 2021. I got PPR and sent message to visa office for virtual landing last Thursday. Then, the agent directly emailed me and told me my area's CIC office will contact me for virtual landing.
And also I was told to inform him if I wouldn't receive anything from CIC office within 2 week. Then, the agent will follow up for virtual landing.
Which is your visa office?
Hi

You received anything from IRCC regarding virtual landing?

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Hi everyone, what significance does the Pre Arrival services letter have? Does it mean that eligibility is passed?

jaik

Nov 25, 2013
My spouse is in India, DM on Jan 22nd, still waiting for PPR...She has a visitor visa for Caribbean, is it good idea to visit her family there and change address of principal applicant through webform? Any suggestions, thanks in advance.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Thanks for replying, I was going to do new one but they accepted that one thankfully!
That’s good :) so it’s not necessarily to do one only if they ask for an updated pcc? If you do one before they officially ask - you can still submit it? :)

saedabolus

Mar 10, 2020
That’s good :) so it’s not necessarily to do one only if they ask for an updated pcc? If you do one before they officially ask - you can still submit it? :)
I got lucky! I was expecting them to request it sooner and due covid we did it early to have it ready. Normally it expires after 6 months so it was only 5 months. Anyways, got passport request today finally! My MP got the ball rolling, otherwise the file would be still sitting in Sydney now.

BobbyinON

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
windsor
Category........
VISIT
Dear Guys,

My spouse landed today in Toronto after winning this long battle of waiting!!!
She travelled via Bangalore -Frankfurt- Serbia (3 day stay, RT-pcr test)- Frankfurt - TORONTO.
I finally feel this PR process is completed.

Whoever still waiting, Hold ur patience tight, ur turn is coming..Good luck to all!!

Note: We still have to wait for PR card for another 3-4 months :confused:

saedabolus

Mar 10, 2020
Did anyone have to pay any fee when submitting the passport to VAC? It says in letter: “For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details”. Can someone explain it please?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Did anyone have to pay any fee when submitting the passport to VAC? It says in letter: “For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details”. Can someone explain it please?
Yes, you have to pay fees. Follow the instructions on VAC page and look up the fees. Look on vfs page in your country under apply for a visa, click the 'submit a document' subheading.

Right now typically it's passport transmission fee and courier return service (because most are not allowing in-person passport pick up or submission).

Reactions: saedabolus