+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

Fishy79

Mar 5, 2020
I'm in the same boat as you. My application was received on Feb 28 and I've been on implied status since the end of July. It's making me so anxious, I got the Biometrics Reminder on the 4 August, but nothing else yet.
Yeah its also making me pretty anxious , feel totally in limbo at the moment. I understand COVID is going to slow things down but not hearing anything for nearly 6 month is concerning me now. I haven't even received a biometrics reminder. I am lucky my Partner has a good job with a large canadian company , and we have planned and saved prior to us moving for me not be working for a year. But the fact we are 6 month into this and nowhere nearer is keeping me up at night. I guess we have to try and not stress about things outside our control . Keeping my fingers crossed we hear something soon . Rich

2eunji1201

Aug 18, 2020
I sent my documents to Mississaga on 18th February
I didn’t get the AOR email, but I got the biometrics fee email on 26th June.

and today I was able to link my OWP application on my account using my family,last name and passport information . But it says Online application,not work permit. The date they received it was also different. I don’t know what’s going on,but it’s linked so I’ll see and keep posting.

omar1983

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020

and today I was able to link my OWP application on my account using my family,last name and passport information . But it says Online application,not work permit. The date they received it was also different. I don’t know what’s going on,but it’s linked so I’ll see and keep posting.
Can I know what is the date they received your OWP?

Hans_Cath

Dec 4, 2017
Yeah its also making me pretty anxious , feel totally in limbo at the moment. I understand COVID is going to slow things down but not hearing anything for nearly 6 month is concerning me now. I haven't even received a biometrics reminder. I am lucky my Partner has a good job with a large canadian company , and we have planned and saved prior to us moving for me not be working for a year. But the fact we are 6 month into this and nowhere nearer is keeping me up at night. I guess we have to try and not stress about things outside our control . Keeping my fingers crossed we hear something soon . Rich
I totally understand, but I guess all of us are in the same boat. It's just becoming unhealthy to continually check the forums, facebook pages and the google tracking sheet to see minimal changes. Fingers crossed we get something soon.

Reactions: edenfair

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020

Hi, our dates are very similar! They received my application on Feb 25 (signature confirmation of delivery) and I got the Biometrics Fee Email on June 25.

I was just able to link my OWP a minute ago. The date received was earlier than I sent as well, and it doesn't say Work Permit on mine but it does have an application number that starts with W.

Hans_Cath

Dec 4, 2017
Hi, our dates are very similar! They received my application on Feb 25 (signature confirmation of delivery) and I got the Biometrics Fee Email on June 25.

I was just able to link my OWP a minute ago. The date received was earlier than I sent as well, and it doesn't say Work Permit on mine but it does have an application number that starts with W.
How are you able to link to your OWP?

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
How are you able to link to your OWP?
I typed this information, and then it finally said today that there is an application online:

----

UCI and Family Name

Category: Temporary Residence
Sub-category: Work permit and extension

Passport information

What type of work permit are you applying for?: Open (initial application or extension)

Current country of residence: Canada
Current marital status: Married
Which situation applies to the applicant? "Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada"

---

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
I typed this information, and then it finally said today that there is an application online:

----

UCI and Family Name

Category: Temporary Residence
Sub-category: Work permit and extension

Passport information

What type of work permit are you applying for?: Open (initial application or extension)

Current country of residence: Canada
Current marital status: Married
Which situation applies to the applicant? "Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada"

---
I was able to link it with this exact method. But it has indeed weird dates.

It shows the Submitted date as today 19 August 2020. But the Date Received: January 30, 2020. My sponsorship app was sent February 4th...

Do I need to worry?

Reactions: TCMY