+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Guys, sorry to say but it seems CPC Mississauga is closed due to Covid-19. I haven’t seen any AORs this week. I think we might be waiting longer than expected. Hang in there everyone.

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Someone in Jan got AOR today, I saw on Tracking tool
Yes, I saw it too. I guess it was just a rumour. The processing center is definitely much slower this year though.

This is my second time going through this process. The first time I applied, I got my AOR in exactly six weeks. Right now, it’s going on 7 weeks and early feb applicants on here have not gotten anything. I think early February applicants might be waiting until the end of the month for AORs.

They’ve definitely been taking their time to send out AORs these past few months.

Baymaxboop

Oct 5, 2019
Based on what they are saying about retaining here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

"Files that are incomplete due to unavailable documents will be retained in the system and reviewed in 90 days."

Does that mean if I sent mine back in Feb and they find that I'm missing something / signature etc they wont send it back or ask me to send what they need but will just hold it for 90 days? Does anyone know if this means I wouldn't get AOR for 90 days?

I'm hoping there wasn't anything missing from my application but who knows at this point.

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Yes, I saw it too. I guess it was just a rumour. The processing center is definitely much slower this year though.

This is my second time going through this process. The first time I applied, I got my AOR in exactly six weeks. Right now, it’s going on 7 weeks and early feb applicants on here have not gotten anything. I think early February applicants might be waiting until the end of the month for AORs.

They’ve definitely been taking their time to send out AORs these past few months.
What do you mean second time? Have you applied Inland Sponsorship before? 5 years ago?

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Based on what they are saying about retaining here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

"Files that are incomplete due to unavailable documents will be retained in the system and reviewed in 90 days."

Does that mean if I sent mine back in Feb and they find that I'm missing something / signature etc they wont send it back or ask me to send what they need but will just hold it for 90 days? Does anyone know if this means I wouldn't get AOR for 90 days?

I'm hoping there wasn't anything missing from my application but who knows at this point.
I think they mean applications couldn't submit unavailable documents such as police check or some documents outside their living country or because the office is blocked down so people can't their documents.

caname91

Mar 20, 2020
Hi everyone......I need advice please.....I sponsored my spouse who has landed 1 year ago, she worked but has stopped working and wants to apply for employment insurance.....I remember as the sponsor I signed agreement that my spouse when sponsored will not get or ask for financial assistance or social assistance from the government during the 3 years after landing....and I don't want he to apply for EI as this will breach my sponsorship agreement.....but my spouse disagrees......please advice will IRCC consider EI as government financial or social assistance as my spouse just landed and the 3 years has not elapsed...

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hi everyone......I need advice please.....I sponsored my spouse who has landed 1 year ago, she worked but has stopped working and wants to apply for employment insurance.....I remember as the sponsor I signed agreement that my spouse when sponsored will not get or ask for financial assistance or social assistance from the government during the 3 years after landing....and I don't want he to apply for EI as this will breach my sponsorship agreement.....but my spouse disagrees......please advice will IRCC consider EI as government financial or social assistance as my spouse just landed and the 3 years has not elapsed...
EI is not social assistance. She worked and paid government tax, now she got laid off, she can apply to get EI.

Reginaldo

Mar 3, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have sent my PR application more than a month ago under the spousal sponsorship program but have not received any email from the IRCC and my visitor visa should expire on the 18th of April. Please, is there anything that i should do or just wait for their email?

Thank you.

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have sent my PR application more than a month ago under the spousal sponsorship program but have not received any email from the IRCC and my visitor visa should expire on the 18th of April. Please, is there anything that i should do or just wait for their email?

Thank you.

I’m sorry but there is nothing you can do but wait. Did you apply for OWP as well? If not, you might want to apply to extend your visitor status.

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hi everyone,

Thank you.
To get AOR, at this time 6-8 weeks. Your AOR may arrive in April. Now they're still process January applications.
You should prepare to extend your visitor visa.

nrivoli

Apr 13, 2013
Hi...
we SENT papers and they received Feb 11. I haven't gotten AOR nor anything...
were should I put int he spreadsheet?
"application received" -> by CIC?
Hi everyone,

Thank you.
I sent a visitor extension this past sunday... it's $100 (can be a lot of little money depending of your situation, but I think it's better to get visitor because the application can still be returned, then it will be out of status, it's more expensive and trickier). On the documents I told them "we sent a PR application on February X, here's the payment numbers for PR, WP and and copy of canada post tracking" please give her more time.

Last time worked, i told them "app is in progress, haven't send it yet, please extend"

in my experience they are very nice and just extend these visitors

Baymaxboop

Oct 5, 2019
Hey guys. So CIC is now saying "Files that are incomplete due to unavailable documents will be retained in the system and reviewed in 90 days." Does that mean if ours are missing something - then we won't know until 3 months later?

My work permit expires in July and I really need AOR before then but if they don't open my application until late April and realize its incomplete... then i'll be put out of status before I find out.