caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi guys. Has anyone made it out of AB14712 ? I’m a bit concerned with the way he has passed my eligibility back in May 2020. He is the primary officer on my file and instead of writing some detailed notes as to what he feels about my work experience etc. he simply wrote Eligibility passed, pending biometrics *2. I was expecting some more notes. Is this normal ? @legalfalcon @caipsnotes
The good thing is that Eligibility is passed, the officer reviewing the application only has to meet the expectations laid out in the process and not that of the applicant as to what he/she expects or hopes to see in their notes. Does not seem there is a reason to be concerned here.

Reactions: Rohan88g

AMberWorld

Dec 3, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon my spouse is the primary applicant FEB 2020 AOR Still processing EE CEC PNP (BC). The employer she works for is really giving her a hard time now. she is very stressed. When she applied it was like PR application will be approved in August and she will look for something else. but its been 14 months now. If she change her job will her nomination will be affected ? or can she even change a job under same NOC ? or is it best to continue working there until PR comes. please advice.

jazz_77

Oct 2, 2019
Hi everyone, I am a FWS- Outland (country of residence-USA), today I received an ADR for proof of funds. Initially when I submitted my application I uploaded a letter from the bank for 13500 $ which is more that 16000 CAD. But my bank did not provide a conversion form USD to CAD and they did not mention USD. I am not sure if the ircc officer misunderstood as 13500 CAD.
Now in my updated letter from bank I have 22000$. They are still not providing the conversion. Also the bank says they can’t mention about loans and other accounts in the letter.

I have only 7 days to respond to IRCC. Can I upload the letter with 22000$ and 6 months statement. Will that be enough or wil I get refused.
Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon my spouse is the primary applicant FEB 2020 AOR Still processing EE CEC PNP (BC). The employer she works for is really giving her a hard time now. she is very stressed. When she applied it was like PR application will be approved in August and she will look for something else. but its been 14 months now. If she change her job will her nomination will be affected ? or can she even change a job under same NOC ? or is it best to continue working there until PR comes. please advice.
See https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/COVID-19-Updates

For the PNP, you will have to follow the PNP guidelines.

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Hi everyone, I am a FWS- Outland (country of residence-USA), today I received an ADR for proof of funds. Initially when I submitted my application I uploaded a letter from the bank for 13500 $ which is more that 16000 CAD. But my bank did not provide a conversion form USD to CAD and they did not mention USD. I am not sure if the ircc officer misunderstood as 13500 CAD.
Now in my updated letter from bank I have 22000$. They are still not providing the conversion. Also the bank says they can’t mention about loans and other accounts in the letter.

I have only 7 days to respond to IRCC. Can I upload the letter with 22000$ and 6 months statement. Will that be enough or wil I get refused.
Thank you
My bank didn’t offer conversion either. In my LOE I indicated what the amount corresponded to using this website https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/personal/rates-prices/foreign-exchange-rates.html

Still waiting for PPR but my application was approved.

In your case I would attach an LOE alongside the new statement.

Rohan88g

Star Member
May 22, 2020
The good thing is that Eligibility is passed, the officer reviewing the application only has to meet the expectations laid out in the process and not that of the applicant as to what he/she expects or hopes to see in their notes. Does not seem there is a reason to be concerned here.
Thanks for replying back @caipsnotes .

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
Be careful of people spreading misinformation.

Currently the extensions are provided in accordance with the policy to relieve pressure associated with COVID-19. An extension is granted for 6 months for applicants from designated countries and 1 year from non-designated countries. Also, whether you are exempt from travel or not, and will be able to land soon, is also a factor.

The designated country list is the same that was used for medicals for TRV applicants. See https://www.canada.ca/.../requi.../country-requirements.html

Further for an extension, the immigration medical exam should have been assessed as M1 or M3.

M1: No public health risk or danger, no public safety danger and no excessive demand

M3: A health condition(s) is present but is not expected to place an excessive demand on health or social services.

So anyone claiming that "if IRCC grants an extension then it will be for no more than 6 months" is absolutely incorrect and false.

See #13,193
Agreed.
My medical is extended for 1 year upto 22-10-2021. If I don't get PPR by then, can they extend once more or I have to go for medical again?
What I mean to ask is that have seen any case where IRCC extended medical more than once, or more than a year?

nkalassa

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
@legalfalcon Can you please share your knowledge? I am FSW Outland an my application has been in RR since May 2020. I just experienced 2 ghost updates lately on the 18th Apr and today the 28th. Do you know what this could be? Thanks

Kaat

Oct 7, 2020
Hi, I just received GCMS notes and my medical has been extended for 1 year. It says clearly in my notes that if I cannot land before expiry date (March 2022) I will have to redo medical.
Extension is not yet visible in my online profile.

AOR Feb 2020 - FSW-Outland (Belgium) - File approved since Sept 2020.
GCMS notes took exactly 30 days.

I know it's not a big thing but I'm so glad that my file has been touched again :)

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Hi, I just received GCMS notes and my medical has been extended for 1 year. It says clearly in my notes that if I cannot land before expiry date (March 2022) I will have to redo medical.
Extension is not yet visible in my online profile.

AOR Feb 2020 - FSW-Outland (Belgium) - File approved since Sept 2020.
GCMS notes took exactly 30 days.

I know it's not a big thing but I'm so glad that my file has been touched again :)
Congratulations.
Where did you order from?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Can you please share your knowledge? I am FSW Outland an my application has been in RR since May 2020. I just experienced 2 ghost updates lately on the 18th Apr and today the 28th. Do you know what this could be? Thanks

It is impossible to predict what a GU is. It can be anything for. amaro event, such as passing of a stage or an approval, or it could just be a mundane one, such as moving your application to another office.

Instead of speculation, send a webform and ask or call IRCC.

Alternatively, you can also request your GCMS notes, and come the date you received the GU with the activities date on your GCMS.

Ultimately, any movement is a good sign.