Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I was wondering if you could please comment on a request I received from IRCC to submit a form IMM5669 with all personal history within 7 days from request...most information were already shared with them one way or another during the initial application, i.e work history, history of addresses...I'm glad for this request because it means someone finally touched my file after 10 months of inactivity (FSW-Inland, AOR Feb 8th 2020) but in your experience is this request good news? should I be expecting COPR soon? (there is not adverse information in that form, and nothing has changed since my application a year ago). Thanks in advance for your time
Any movement or progress is a good sign. The IMM5669 is asked again if there are any gaps, or if IRCC needs clarification on something. So when you fill in IMM5669, make sure that you do not leave any gaps and all information is provided.

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Any movement or progress is a good sign. The IMM5669 is asked again if there are any gaps, or if IRCC needs clarification on something. So when you fill in IMM5669, make sure that you do not leave any gaps and all information is provided.
Thank you, fingers crossed.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon I ordered GCM notes from getgcms in Dec-2020, and today it's more than 120 days still I didn't receive. Even extended period is also completed. Does IRCC also takes more than 120 days?

The unfortunate part is that IRCC has categorized 3rd party GCMS providers into tiers when it comes to extensions.

As a result some 3rd parties will fairly consistently receive 90 days extensions when you get gcms while others receive 60 day extensions if and when extensions are taken

These actions of IRCC were revealed in response to an ATIP request and are an undisputed fact.

Also, you should have received the full email from IRCC that would clearly state the due date, as an example below. You should have to contact anyone to find out your due date.

I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Access To Information Act*, an extension of 60 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution.

Considering the extension, your request is now due on xxxxxx

Further information about the Access To Information Act* can be found at the following web page:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-1/

Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Information Commissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at: http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

ATIP Officer
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes , do u think that at any point IRCC may start rejecting the applications dated between Dec 2019 - Mar 2020, and specifically those who are outlanders. Reason of asking this question is that IRCC is prioritizing CEC's, Family reunion etc, but what about EE profiles, PNP's etc. I know that the application gets locked after submission, but they may think and start considering the age factor, fresh applicants, backlog etc.
It is confusing state honestly even though according to my last CBSA of Jan 2021, my eligibility, security, criminality and info sharing is completed/passed, and medicals got extended. its becoming a hopeless case, and these sort of questions are hitting the head!!
Unfortunately many are in the same situation at this time, the only option is to just to patiently wait. No point worrying about things that you can not control.

RonzMax

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi, I'm also CEC inland but no updates yet. I am wondering if your medical has been extended? What is the most recent status of the application? Mine is still staying in security not started.
Hey, I received a ghost update last week and upon calling IRCC, came to know that everything has been passed. Final decision pending.
I do not have any update on my medicals yet. According to the gcms notes, I raised last year, my medicals are valid till June.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hey, I received a ghost update last week and upon calling IRCC, came to know that everything has been passed. Final decision pending.
I do not have any update on my medicals yet. According to the gcms notes, I raised last year, my medicals are valid till June.
Meds may be extended or a re-med may be asked.

Expiry, re-meds and extensions - If the medical results are about to expire then you may be asked for a re-medical examination, if required. If a re-med is not required then the medicals will be extended. This is how the process works - when the validity period of medical results expire or are about to expire an IRCC officer will send it for reassessment and the regional medical officer (RMO) at the IRCC Health Branch (HB) will make the determination. Based on this reassessment by the RMO the GCMS file is updated as extended or the applicant is informed to get the medical examination done again. At this time the process for reassessment is not automatic and has to be manually undertaken. Due to the manual nature of this process there can be delays in sending the file for reassessment; updating GCMS with the extension status or informing the applicant (tip - use the web-form and inquire about the status or request your GCMS file). As an applicant you can also get another medical examination done on your own accord, in which case submit the upfront sheet to IRCC via the web-form. Other things to keep in mind - if IRCC grants an extension then it will be for no more than 6 months; a re-med on other hand is valid for 1 year. Also, if you see a message on myCIC "you do not need medical exam" then it quite likely means that your medical results have been sent for reassessment.

Reactions: tar86

mussadsar

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017

Expiry, re-meds and extensions - If the medical results are about to expire then you may be asked for a re-medical examination, if required. If a re-med is not required then the medicals will be extended. This is how the process works - when the validity period of medical results expire or are about to expire an IRCC officer will send it for reassessment and the regional medical officer (RMO) at the IRCC Health Branch (HB) will make the determination. Based on this reassessment by the RMO the GCMS file is updated as extended or the applicant is informed to get the medical examination done again. At this time the process for reassessment is not automatic and has to be manually undertaken. Due to the manual nature of this process there can be delays in sending the file for reassessment; updating GCMS with the extension status or informing the applicant (tip - use the web-form and inquire about the status or request your GCMS file). As an applicant you can also get another medical examination done on your own accord, in which case submit the upfront sheet to IRCC via the web-form. Other things to keep in mind - if IRCC grants an extension then it will be for no more than 6 months; a re-med on other hand is valid for 1 year. Also, if you see a message on myCIC "you do not need medical exam" then it quite likely means that your medical results have been sent for reassessment.
Dear @caipsnotes,
Thank you for the great explanation. i can see in my recent cbsa of Feb 2021, that between the agent's correspondences, request letter for med extension was to be issued upon completion of my BGC & Criminality, which I am aware is done already. Question is, that what if the extended medicals are also expired? will they re extend again or they will ask for reassessment? Im a PNP applicant (outland) andmy application is stuck in london since last year, so dont know the outcome as they are not working on our applications.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Dear @caipsnotes,
Thank you for the great explanation. i can see in my recent cbsa of Feb 2021, that between the agent's correspondences, request letter for med extension was to be issued upon completion of my BGC & Criminality, which I am aware is done already. Question is, that what if the extended medicals are also expired? will they re extend again or they will ask for reassessment? Im a PNP applicant (outland) andmy application is stuck in london since last year, so dont know the outcome as they are not working on our applications.
Hi. Should the extended meds expire as well, IRCC can extend it further but that is at their discretion. Also, you can always contact IRCC to make that request as well which again is at their discretion. All the best.

Rohan88g

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hi guys. Has anyone made it out of AB14712 ? I’m a bit concerned with the way he has passed my eligibility back in May 2020. He is the primary officer on my file and instead of writing some detailed notes as to what he feels about my work experience etc. he simply wrote Eligibility passed, pending biometrics *2. I was expecting some more notes. Is this normal ? @legalfalcon @caipsnotes

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai

You've mentioned that IRCC grants extension for no more than 6 months, but as per my GCM notes my medical was extended for 1 year.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
You've mentioned that IRCC grants extension for no more than 6 months, but as per my GCM notes my medical was extended for 1 year.
Be careful of people spreading misinformation.

Currently the extensions are provided in accordance with the policy to relieve pressure associated with COVID-19. An extension is granted for 6 months for applicants from designated countries and 1 year from non-designated countries. Also, whether you are exempt from travel or not, and will be able to land soon, is also a factor.

The designated country list is the same that was used for medicals for TRV applicants. See https://www.canada.ca/.../requi.../country-requirements.html

Further for an extension, the immigration medical exam should have been assessed as M1 or M3.

M1: No public health risk or danger, no public safety danger and no excessive demand

M3: A health condition(s) is present but is not expected to place an excessive demand on health or social services.

So anyone claiming that "if IRCC grants an extension then it will be for no more than 6 months" is absolutely incorrect and false.

See #13,193

Last edited:
Reactions: tar86

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi guys. Has anyone made it out of AB14712 ? I’m a bit concerned with the way he has passed my eligibility back in May 2020. He is the primary officer on my file and instead of writing some detailed notes as to what he feels about my work experience etc. he simply wrote Eligibility passed, pending biometrics *2. I was expecting some more notes. Is this normal ? @legalfalcon
Each officer / agent / analyst can enter notes and there is no standard format.

Usually the agents and analysts will enter the details, where as the officer will only enter brief notes, that you see. There is no need to be concerned as long as your eligibility is passed.

Reactions: Rohan88g

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes , do u think that at any point IRCC may start rejecting the applications dated between Dec 2019 - Mar 2020, and specifically those who are outlanders. Reason of asking this question is that IRCC is prioritizing CEC's, Family reunion etc, but what about EE profiles, PNP's etc. I know that the application gets locked after submission, but they may think and start considering the age factor, fresh applicants, backlog etc.
It is confusing state honestly even though according to my last CBSA of Jan 2021, my eligibility, security, criminality and info sharing is completed/passed, and medicals got extended. its becoming a hopeless case, and these sort of questions are hitting the head!!
I'm in a similar position, as my PPR was issued when I had to leave the US. My application is at a standstill, and IRCC has communicated that to me. They say that the VACs are currently not allowed to receive passports of outlanders for stamping, and will remain the same until the situation changes. It will happen, it may just be a question of when.

Rohan88g

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Each officer / agent / analyst can enter notes and there is no standard format.

Usually the agents and analysts will enter the details, where as the officer will only enter brief notes, that you see. There is no need to be concerned as long as your eligibility is passed.
Thanks for your reply. I guess I’ll only have to wait.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
That's great, usually it's for 6 months but at times it can be for a year as well.