+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

Souskhaj

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Hi everyone,

I just received an email for what seems to be a legit survey, according to canada.ca (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/client-experience-survey-2021.html)

You have been selected to take part in a Government of Canada survey!

We would like to hear about your experience with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. Our records indicate that you have recently received a decision from us on an application.

The thing is... I did not receive a decision from IRCC!
From my GCMS notes though, I know that our file has been approved since September 2020 but nothing happened after that (no PPR, no COPR, no extension of medical, no message whatsoever).

I did receive a ghost update three days ago but nothing had changed in my profile. So maybe it had something to do with this survey...

Apart from the fact that it is a bit strange to complete this survey not having a COPR in hand, I can only see this as a 'confirmation' that our file is actually approved, I think.

Anybody else received this survey? And what is the status of your file at the moment?
I received the same survey a few days ago. My application is also approved and medical extended for 1 year even though portal does not reflect it.

Reactions: kevran32 and Kaat

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Are you making this assumption based on a credible source or is it just word of mouth. If its the latter then it is just a rumor for which I have celebrated way too many times and it has just led to disappointment. If you can share the source it will be good for all.
Nope I don't have data! So take it with a grain of salt, but I am typically pretty pessimistic.
Just my impression from seeing CoPRs come through for spring 2020 CEC applicants who had been stuck, as well as FSW people starting to get GCMS notes with approval decisions (just no CoPR yet due to border shutdown).
When you combine that with the understanding that IRCC has had time to adapt to the pandemic in terms of processing, I think it might be something.

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
I received the same survey a few days ago. My application is also approved and medical extended for 1 year even though portal does not reflect it.
Congrats on having the application approved. What does your portal show at the moment? thanks.

Jan_2020

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Hi everyone,

I just received an email for what seems to be a legit survey, according to canada.ca (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/client-experience-survey-2021.html)

You have been selected to take part in a Government of Canada survey!

We would like to hear about your experience with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. Our records indicate that you have recently received a decision from us on an application.

The thing is... I did not receive a decision from IRCC!
From my GCMS notes though, I know that our file has been approved since September 2020 but nothing happened after that (no PPR, no COPR, no extension of medical, no message whatsoever).

I did receive a ghost update three days ago but nothing had changed in my profile. So maybe it had something to do with this survey...

Apart from the fact that it is a bit strange to complete this survey not having a COPR in hand, I can only see this as a 'confirmation' that our file is actually approved, I think.

Anybody else received this survey? And what is the status of your file at the moment?
Yes, I received same email that recently a decision was made on my file But I still waiting for COPR. Medicals extended but no COPR
Earlier we came to know through GCMS Notes that our file was approved in August 2020.

It strange to receive an email stating a decision is made on our file but we are not informed about the decision.

Reactions: Kaat

RonzMax

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
14 months tomorrow, still waiting for COPR.
In a similar situation here! CEC inland, with Feb AOR. Biometrics provide October 2020. Criminality still in progress. I looked into the CEC website today and it says they are finalizing May 2020 applications. Does that mean they don't care for the Feb applications! This is frustrating.

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
In a similar situation here! CEC inland, with Feb AOR. Biometrics provide October 2020. Criminality still in progress. I looked into the CEC website today and it says they are finalizing May 2020 applications. Does that mean they don't care for the Feb applications! This is frustrating.
If they care, they will process applications as first-come-first-serve. But now? Submitted applications in 2020 Q1 is like a joke.

Sep 16, 2020
This is just for a very few percentage of May applicants. If you go to May AORs, you will see most of them are stuck at criminality and security check. This is just a show off I believe.

• Sad
Reactions: ForUs2020

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Okay, so I just received the IRCC survey:

"We would like to hear about your experience with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. Our records indicate that you have recently received a decision from us on an application."

I am like WTF I DIDN'T RECEIVE A DECISION FROM YOU GUYS FOR ALMOST 14 MONTHS.

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Do you mean that your medical is extended for 1 year in gcms notes but this is not reflecting in your portal?

AMberWorld

Dec 3, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon My spouse holds a PGWP and I hold SOWP, she applied for her extension under new public policy yesterday with me as an accompanying spouse. Today she received a new message under my application that my permit was extended until Jul 29, 2021 or until a decision is reached. but she didn't receive any such update or message. Didn't completely understand why I got this email. the message notification is " WP-EXT only except PGWP " . Did i get this message because I was on SOWP ? and she is on PGWP ? not sure could you please clarify and explain

Kamal001

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Okay, so I just received the IRCC survey:

"We would like to hear about your experience with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. Our records indicate that you have recently received a decision from us on an application."

I am like WTF I DIDN'T RECEIVE A DECISION FROM YOU GUYS FOR ALMOST 14 MONTHS.
Is your medical extended yet?