+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

GaganK10

Mar 11, 2021
In a similar situation here! CEC inland, with Feb AOR. Biometrics provide October 2020. Criminality still in progress. I looked into the CEC website today and it says they are finalizing May 2020 applications. Does that mean they don't care for the Feb applications! This is frustrating.
They are finalizing May 2020 applications from last 5 weeks

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
I have received the survey email twice last week, and I received the other email as well which said about the delay due to covid.
my medical has been extended but no decision has been made according to the ircc agent i talked to last month

jule1989

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
I have received the survey email twice last week, and I received the other email as well which said about the delay due to covid.
my medical has been extended but no decision has been made according to the ircc agent i talked to last month
Did you also apply for a BOWP? Maybe the survey is for BOWP, and delay for PR?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon My spouse holds a PGWP and I hold SOWP, she applied for her extension under new public policy yesterday with me as an accompanying spouse. Today she received a new message under my application that my permit was extended until Jul 29, 2021 or until a decision is reached. but she didn't receive any such update or message. Didn't completely understand why I got this email. the message notification is " WP-EXT only except PGWP " . Did i get this message because I was on SOWP ? and she is on PGWP ? not sure could you please clarify and explain
The SOWP is dependent on the WP, (PGWP or WP etc.) of the PA. If you received a message then the PA too will get a message soon on the decision and if the spouses WP has been extended, it is an indication that the PA's WP has been extended too.

Also, as a temporary resident if you apply to extend your stay by filing a WP extensions or extension of any visa, then you re on implied status until a decision is made [R183(5)].

You can continue to work during the pendency of the decision.

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Is there any hope that once eligibility is passed, IRCC doesn't look into arranged job offer or what's your job situation again before decision? Has anyone been through it?
I might lose my job soon, and I'm 3 months away from being eligible for BOWP...I feel so desperate there is nothing I can do.... I don't want to throw in the garbage 14 months of wait for PR by letting IRCC know I now don't have that job anymore, I'm sure they would cancel my application or something....resetting everything or going back to my home country is a hit I simply cannot take.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:

Canada2020feb

Apr 3, 2021
Hello fellow members,
Long time lurker... first time posting...
I’m aexpress entry applicant (Outland).

Aor - 28 Feb, 2020
Medical- 9 November, 2020 (I was asked for re-med in October 2020)
Biometrics- 9 March, 2020

My recentGCMS notes (received on 15 feb 2021) state the following:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info sharing: Complete
Other reqs: Cancelled
Final: Approved (since November 2020 and transferred to and received by NDVO December 2020)

Upon checking the officers notes, I found out my security is passed.

Another interesting (posted by the New Delhi visa office in December) note states: “reassessment has been granted. A new medical activity will need to be created in order to reflect the new medical validity date. This is a permanent resident applicant whose file has been finalised and has been identified as part of the inventory whose Immigration Medical Examination (IME) is about to expire. In order to relieve the pressure associated with COVID-19, the file has been reassessed (6 months for designated countries and 1 year for non-designated countries). Should the application not land before the expiry of the medical, a new IME will be required. The IME was assessed as M1 or M3.”

What does “Reassessment has been granted” mean here when the file is approved and everything?

is there a chance that IRCC would let the delays go on for so long that we may have to get ANOTHER re-med?

splitting hairs here!!

4 months since approved status and still no word from IRCC. I too received the survey email that everyone here talking about in March. Does this mean we can expect ppr soon?

The wait is beyond unbearable now.

I hope we all receive the golden email soon.
Good luck everyone!!
Cheers

Reactions: dharatishah82

Jeddie

Feb 12, 2020
Today I got a ghost update .. I have sent my renewed pp copies few days back through web form .. could the ghost update be an indication that it has got updated in my application ?

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
How has no one in Canada planned a protest or a rally to raise awareness about this situation...as far as media coverage goes, IRCC is passing as this amazing machine that's doing good in terms of immigration target....look at this freaking article https://www.cicnews.com/2021/04/express-entry-q1-2021-report-canada-smashes-record-as-it-eyes-401000-immigration-goal-0417684.html#gs.xf4ppo while they are just adding people to a waiting room that's already packed.

WTH...I'll be honest I'm not in the mental condition to plan a rally, but man I would chain myself to city hall if someone did.

Reactions: Dagongdi

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
How has no one in Canada planned a protest or a rally to raise awareness about this situation...as far as media coverage goes, IRCC is passing as this amazing machine that's doing good in terms of immigration target....look at this freaking article https://www.cicnews.com/2021/04/express-entry-q1-2021-report-canada-smashes-record-as-it-eyes-401000-immigration-goal-0417684.html#gs.xf4ppo while they are just adding people to a waiting room that's already packed.

WTH...I'll be honest I'm not in the mental condition to plan a rally, but man I would chain myself to city hall if someone did.
Instead of a rally, we can write a letter to the House of Commons which they can put in their agenda for their next meeting. I know that applicants with dependents Outland did this just recently

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Instead of a rally, we can write a letter to the House of Commons which they can put in their agenda for their next meeting. I know that applicants with dependents Outland did this just recently
I found my MP and wrote to her 3 months ago, useless....sure maybe if we can all write letters that MIGHT be taken into consideration but who knows.

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
This is on the last couple of pages in the gcms notes. Under “Notes” by the officer. Says, “ OFFICER REVIEW no indicators of concern on the file. SEC PASSED” Dated : September, 2020
That's missing in mine. So it seems my Security is still on-going.

@legalfalcon Can you review the following info that i received in my latest GCME notes please

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Cancelled
Final: Approved

My application, under Group Name has also been moved in the Group name 1:
Group#: 2-U8WAR50
Name: CPCO COVID RFV group

Under ADMISSIBILITIES, Security, it now says
SECURITY: 1
Then a bunch of censored info

FINALIZE APPLICATION
DOCUMENT ISSUANCE
DOCUMENT ISSUANCE: 1
Document: Counterfoil/Vignetter
This has all my info in it, doc# etc

COUNTERFOIL
This subsection has the created date and all my passport info etc

DOCUMENT ISSUANCE:2
Document: COPR / CRP
This has all the rest of my info with COPR as a further sub category with all the rest of my info in it

Last updated note***OFFICER REVIEW*** Intergrated Search - NAI IMM5406 received. No concerns. Divorce decreee received. No concerns. Other reqs cancelled. All requirements met. Approved.

I think the security check is on-going but i doubt that there should be any issues there.

I'll wait another month or 2 and submit another GCME notes request to see if the security check has been completed or not. That is if i don't receive the PPR email 1st (fingers crossed)

Based on all this, is it safe to assume that my application has been approved and is simply waiting for the covid restriction to be lifted to issue the PPR.