FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Thanks for sharing! yes that's the same email address. but the thing is I never heard a response from IRCC. So, does this mean that my application has already either been approved or rejected?
I work in software and I have a guess as to what happened here:
- FSW applications were finalized but no CoPR was sent out due to travel restrictions
- There is an internal-only application processing status field in the IRCC database that was set to "Complete" for these FSW applications
- Meanwhile, an unrelated IRCC project team was tasked with creating a survey for users with completed applications
- They mass fired off that email by checking the application processing status field, not realizing this no rule no longer applies for FSW apps

So if that guess is right your application has probably been finalized yeah

What do you guys think? I know half of us have the 2173 NOC code lol

Reactions: Souskhaj

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
My medical is expired, and I have non-accompanying family memebers in my PR application. If IRCC requests remedial then it will be for principal applicant only or for non-accompanying applicants as well?
All family member, accompanying or not have to be medically admissible. When you do get a request, i.e. if your current medicals are not extended, the request will clearly state the name of the person for whom the request is. It will most likely be for the PA.

Reactions: tar86

Souskhaj

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Most of the time the online portal does not reflect up to date information. It is quite likely that a final decision has been reached on your application. You can call them, send a webform or raise a GCMS request to get a confirmation on the status of your application.
yeah I've been waiting for GCMS notes for almost 4 months now. I raised a webform a few weeks ago and have not received a response. Have been waiting for CBSA notes for almost a month. So, at this point, I'm nervously waiting for those GCMS notes to see what decision has been made on my application. I also did not receive the mass email regarding delays so I think they have made a decision.

Souskhaj

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
I work in software and I have a guess as to what happened here:
- FSW applications were finalized but no CoPR was sent out due to travel restrictions
- There is an internal-only application processing status field in the IRCC database that was set to "Complete" for these FSW applications
- Meanwhile, an unrelated IRCC project team was tasked with creating a survey for users with completed applications
- They mass fired off that email by checking the application processing status field, not realizing this no rule no longer applies for FSW apps

So if that guess is right your application has probably been finalized yeah

What do you guys think? I know half of us have the 2173 NOC code lol
Yes I think this makes sense. This is very confusing though! I'm also a US resident so travel restrictions should not apply to me. So, I wonder why they did not send out PPR if my case was in fact approved.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Yes I think this makes sense. This is very confusing though! I'm also a US resident so travel restrictions should not apply to me. So, I wonder why they did not send out PPR if my case was in fact approved.
A guess - it would have been possible in most cases but presented some complications and they probably decided it wasn't worth it to create a separate queue/system configuration/process just for FSW apps when the applicant lives in the US.

ABayona

Jul 13, 2020
@legalfalcon I have a dumb question... I believe I applied for my PR through BCPNP express entry. However nowhere in my application says anything of the matter. Is there any way of knowing which way did I apply? I am doubting if I applied through BCPNP express entry or regular Express entry! Any help would help... (I know silly question)
Thank you

Last edited:

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I didn’t receive it. That email was probably for cases that are still open. On the other I received an email with a survey about IRCC services, asking to rate different steps of the process and providing suggestions to better serve applicants
I believe you are right.

They are basically sending two sets of emails: one for all applicants (regardless of stream) with not-all-stages finalised and another for applicants with all-stages finalised (survey email).

Reactions: ForUs2020

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon what happens if the LMIA expires while the application is still in process?

The LMIA expiry date only matters for applying for a work permit. If you do not apply before the LMIA expires, then the employer must apply for a new LMIA , if they still wish to hire the worker.

If you have applied for PR applications, and have a valid permit, you are fine. If your WP is expiring, then you can apply for BOWP or ask your employer to renew your WP.

• The LMIA expiry date is the date by which the TFW must have applied for a work permit. If the TFW has not applied by that date, the LMIA is no longer valid and employers must apply for a new LMIA, if they still wish to hire a TFW.
  • The LMIA duration date is based on ESDC/Service Canada's assessment of an application for an LMIA. It identifies the recommended length of time that a work permit could be issued to a TFW without negatively impacting the Canadian labour market.
  • The work permit expiry date is determined by IRCC when the TFW applies for a work permit. It indicates how long the TFW will be allowed to work and reside in Canada.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/lmia-expiry.html#Q02

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
I received my GCMS notes yesterday (Applied on 26th Feb).

- Application is in the CPCO COVID RFV Group (Added on 1st Feb 2021)
- Security check is ongoing. Question regarding this, where do you find out about WHEN the security check was started?
- Application has been Approved by a case officer
- Counterfoil and COPR has been issued, (status: Not started) valid till 15th Sept '21 (Same as medical). I believe it will be updated once the security check is completed.

Atleast this relieves some stress regarding the application being approved or not. Right now, it's simply a matter of being patient and waiting for the PPR request to eventually come in. Vaccinations are on-going so hopefully it shouldn't be too long now . . . hopefully. Have already waited close to 2 yrs what's a few more months right.

Last edited:
Reactions: maghool71

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021

- Security check is ongoing. Question regarding this, where do you find out about WHEN the security check was started?
- Counterfoil and COPR has been issued, (status: Not started) valid till 15th Sept '21 (Same as medical). I believe it will be updated once the security check is completed.

Atleast this relieves some stress regarding the application being approved or not. Right now, it's simply a matter of being patient and waiting for the PPR request to eventually come in. Vaccinations are on-going so hopefully it shouldn't be too long now . . . hopefully. Have already waited close to 2 yrs what's a few more months right.
Hi . congrats on having the application approved. Are you also inland CEC or other categories? do you know when your application changed from Recommended pass to Passed? thanks!

Reactions: Hchadda

FrenchFamily

Dec 18, 2020

Dumb question : how a CoPR can be issued with the security check not passed?

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
Dumb question : how a CoPR can be issued with the security check not passed?
There's a category titled Finalize Application, pg# 34, underneath that category is Document Issuance 1 which is the Counterfoil. Status says not started but it has all the rest of the info, same with CoPR which is under the Document Issuance 2. So i'm assuming that it's pending the security screening check. Perhaps @legalfalcon can help if i'm reading the notes correctly.

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
Hi . congrats on having the application approved. Are you also inland CEC or other categories? do you know when your application changed from Recommended pass to Passed? thanks!
Thanks, there's no specific date that i can see about when it was updated from Recommended pass to Passed. I just compared the new GCMS notes with my previous GCMS notes (Oct 2020) and went line by line on all the changes.
I'm FSW - Outland

Reactions: gamzoog

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
It seems that IRCC is picking up processing speed for all streams. This is good news...

Reactions: Hchadda